ADVERTISEMENT

Mardi Gras advice

There were two things that surprised me when I went to the Mardi Gras many years ago with my girlfriend who I would later marry (pre-Katrina):

1) the number and intensity of religious protestors.
2) cops come out of nowhere in swarms for any fighting.

Everything else was just as I thought it would be. If you could cut down on the college kids by 50% it would be a lot more fun. I'd like a little more adult version like one big giant blues bar with great food everywhere. The nakedness to me is more funny than anything else. I love being able to just walk around with my drink like that. More places should be that way.

It was a last minute thing when we went so we got a hotel quite a few miles outside town and had to drive in. Parked by some above ground cemetery near a big section of overhead highway. On our way back to the car the police picked us up and drove us to our car as they said it was too dangerous for us to be walking around over there.

Skiing ?? Who the fuc skis ? 😂😂 go back to the big ten conference 🍺
Go have some more beers and jack off to news about Donald Trump you fat ****. Dip shits taking diet pills and bragging about it. I don’t give a **** what u think

Just a reminder: if you stay on Bourbon Street the whole time, you’ve missed 99% of Mardi Gras. All you’ll see on Bourbon is the exact same thing that occurs there every single day of the year, but with more people.

^ that’s Mardi Gras.

Go have some more beers and jack off to news about Donald Trump you fat ****. Dip shits taking diet pills and bragging about it. I don’t give a **** what u think
You’re wrong again on every level, get back on big ten skiing but I will have a beer 🍺
And F Brandon 🖕🏽🇺🇸

Nearly every SEC weekday game is on Tuesday night.
We will be driving through Gainesville Fat-Tuesday night going from Mardi Gras / NO to Disney/Orlando. Would have been perfect to stop and watch the Cats. But our next 2 weekday games, including Florida is on Wedn night. Damn!!!

DO NOT GET ARRESTED!!! They will make you stay in jail until after Ash Wednesday automatically. Had a buddy get a little too happy the week before a few years ago and he did an eleven day stretch for his vacation. Pretty sure NOLA jail is the opposite of the party anybody wants to be at.

What's New Orleans like normally without the Mardi Gras going on? I'm thinking of taking a few days there this summer after some extended beach time elsewhere?

What's New Orleans like normally without the Mardi Gras going on? I'm thinking of taking a few days there this summer after some extended beach time elsewhere?
I’ve enjoyed every trip I’ve taken to New Orleans. It was great during Mardi Gras and Bluesfest, NCAA and SEC tournaments, and it was great duringmore laid back times when nothing in particular was going on.

Reactions: LOL_Man
NOLA is incredible. Great culture, history, food, entertainment, and vibe. One of my favorite cities anywhere on earth.

Reactions: LOL_Man and GeraldV
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT