ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Walker, Jason Hatcher, Regie Meant.

Robcatt24

♩♪♫♬♭♮♯°ø؂≠≭
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2005
Recruiting is a huge part of any program's success.

I'm afraid these stories are going to be too much to overcome.

Matt will never be hired as legal counsel to UK. His advice is not good.

Matt's role on radio is the exact opposite of what his role would be were he counsel to UK, and I'm sure he knows that. As a radio guy, he must emphasize, amplify and dramatize. As counsel he would minimize, temporize and compromise. [God help me, but I love this sh!t!].

Recruiting is a huge part of any program's success.

I'm afraid these stories are going to be too much to overcome.
A google search of “college football player arrested for drugs” will bring up stories from schools all over he country. Might hurt for a year but in the grand scheme very little is affected

Matt's role on radio is the exact opposite of what his role would be were he counsel to UK, and I'm sure he knows that. As a radio guy, he must emphasize, amplify and dramatize. As counsel he would minimize, temporize and compromise. [God help me, but I love this sh!t!].
The day Matt Jones becomes legal counsel to UK is the day I throw my hands up in disgust. I can survive drug issues, 10 men on the field and even Stoops forgetting where he is on the sideline but Jones as counsel would be a little too much. There is a reason he is not practicing law.

The day Matt Jones becomes legal counsel to UK is the day I throw my hands up in disgust. I can survive drug issues, 10 men on the field and even Stoops forgetting where he is on the sideline but Jones as counsel would be a little too much. There is a reason he is not practicing law.
Have you practiced law against Matt? Do you realize he went to one of the top law schools in America (Duke is a top 15 law school)?

Also, the reason he’s not practicing law is because his blog and radio program are wildly successful - he doesn’t have the time to practice law.

Don’t disagree, except to say that Matt and his crew were purporting to give UK advice. And, it was bad advice.

And the reason is he makes a hell of a lot more doing what he does now, IMO

Have you practiced law against Matt? Do you realize he went to one of the top law schools in America (Duke is a top 15 law school)?

Also, the reason he’s not practicing law is because his blog and radio program are wildly successful - he doesn’t have the time to practice law.

Another reason might be that we need another ho hum lawyer like we need another hole in the head.

Wildly successful? Is he still on the air, haven't ever listened to it yet.

Cobb, Trevathan, Josh------

Many many more.

Many, many many------

No, even more than that.

Last edited:

I haven't used the yellow pages in a while but about 15 years ago the Las Vegas yellow pages attorney section was the largest one there, well over 100 pages, more than all the automotive, food, lodging, gambling, etc, you know, the really important things in life.

I have used a lawyer twice in my life, my dad had a lawyer draw up a standard deed to sell a piece of land one time. long ago, cost $100, and I hired a lawyer once for a traffic ticket, no injuries or big deal, $150 fine but I didn't want the points, the lawyer waited until everything was over and went up and whispered something to the judge, came back and said lets go.

I never did find out how they split up my $150.

Latest traffic ticket for crossing the white line into a bicycle lane AFTER the police made a U turn and I knew they were stopping me, so we both blocked the lane for a while, not a big deal i thouoht, he couldn't find anything else to give me a ticket for. Got threatened with 25 days contempt of court for my replies, if the judge had known what I was thinking I would still be in jail, not sure how they make money on that but I am sure they do, HUGE business in the US.

And no, I have never been in any real trouble, think loucatfan is right, yes sir no sir the best policy. I still believe in standing up for my rights though-----if I have any.

Last edited:
$95K is a lot of cash.... Maybe the good news is it'll be figured into the COA:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sure is!

Stoops will make forty times that much this year. He could probably squeeze by on $3,500,000 a year and we could be competitive with the nearby city colleges in the COA. Hell, he might even improve the talent level enough that he would get another raise for twice what he gave up.

Last edited:

Happy Father's Day Ryan Lemond. I doubt you believe a word you typed.

^^ Bingo Absolute reason!"

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
The fact of the matter is Stoops isn’t a very good leader or head coach. He’s suited more for an assistant role.

The fact of the matter is Stoops isn’t a very good leader or head coach. He’s suited more for an assistant role.
If Stoops didn't have his famous last name would he get as much leeway as he seems to get from some diehards? I thought we hit a home run when we hired him but I think it's obvious at this point he's mediocre at best.

I thought we hit a home run when we hired him but I think it's obvious at this point he's mediocre at best.

Based upon 70 (plus) years of comparative data, Stoops is nearing what only three HOF coaches have done at UK for similarly brief periods of time . . . . and one coach who cheated his arse off.

Oh, we've had mediocre coaches, who posted only one, or no winning seasons with a similar amount of time to try the trick.

Reactions: jauk11
If Stoops didn't have his famous last name would he get as much leeway as he seems to get from some diehards? I thought we hit a home run when we hired him but I think it's obvious at this point he's mediocre at best.
This program was a dumpster fire when he took over. There is things that can be better but considering we have not hit lightning in a bottle like UofL did with Lamar it's pretty good what Stoops has built.

Based upon 70 (plus) years of comparative data, Stoops is nearing what only three HOF coaches have done at UK for similarly brief periods of time . . . . and one coach who cheated his arse off.

Oh, we've had mediocre coaches, who posted only one, or no winning seasons with a similar amount of time to try the trick.

And it's not his fault that the ADs here have led us to so much mediocrity--------oh wait, I think I just heard someone get their keyboard out, everything is his fault..

This program was a dumpster fire when he took over. There is things that can be better but considering we have not hit lightning in a bottle like UofL did with Lamar it's pretty good what Stoops has built.

And lightning is very unpredictable, here's hoping it strikes here soon. Certainly some prospects, one more Cobb or Woodson could make a great deal of difference.

Reactions: The-Hack
And lightning is very unpredictable, here's hoping it strikes here soon. Certainly some prospects, one more Cobb or Woodson could make a great deal of difference.
I agree Stoops has had some poor luck when it comes to QBs panning out. Alot of folks thought Towles was that guy during his first year as starter. UK needs a qb and playmakers really bad.

I agree Stoops has had some poor luck when it comes to QBs panning out. Alot of folks thought Towles was that guy during his first year as starter. UK needs a qb and playmakers really bad.

The way it's going looks like Georgia (or Bama) could have about three five star QBs that have graduated early in a few years, and they can't stop them from transferring to us any more, lol.

ADVERTISEMENT