ADVERTISEMENT

Marcus Keene

BigKari

Senior
Apr 15, 2014
4th year junior at Central Michigan, led Division 1 in scoring this season. I'm assuming he will graduate, any chance he will look to go to a bigger program? I know it's a long shot and he wouldn't start at PG here but I'd love to add him to this team next season.

He's listed at 5'9 and I think we are all hoping for a long guard who can 3 and D. Anybody out there that fits the description that would be eligible to grad transfer?

After researching for myself my wishlist is as follows

1.Xavier Rathan-Mayes- Florida State. Some of you may remember him being mentioned as a package deal with Andrew Wiggins. Sat out his freshman year at Florida State. He is long and can shoot, I've seen him get really hot from the outside.

2. Marcus Keene- Central Michigan.Yes he's short but dude can flat out score. Some think he may declare for the draft. If he is good enough to go to the league maybe he's good enough for us to give him a look.

3. Cameron Reynolds- Tulane. Actually rode on a plane with the Tulane team a few months ago and he sat near me. He's 6'7 and pretty thin could guard the 2 or 3 spots. He's athletic and can shoot the ball. Made 78 threes this season at 38.8%. Seems like he would be a perfect fit.

4. Elijah Brown- New Mexico. He has been discussed on this board already as he's already announced his intentions to transfer. Some were concerned about his percentages which took a pretty big dip this season. He's a volume scorer, if he could accept a role as a 15-18mpg player he would get a lot of open looks and Cal would surely encourage him to shoot. Decent size at 6'4 190, he seems like a better fit than some might think at first glance. The shooting percentages do concern me but he would be in a much different role here. Green would create for him and get him open looks. I would be pumped if we landed him.

5. Kendall Smith- Cal State Northridge. Played at UNLV for a season. 6'3 180. Didn't take a ton of 3s but hit almost 38%. Not a really big guy and I have no idea what he's like defensively. Unlike the players above he seems like he'd be the most willing to accept a 7th or 8th man role. If he has anything to offer defensively this would be a pretty good fit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT