ADVERTISEMENT

Man to Man defense thoughts

kyjeff1

All-American
Sep 8, 2012
Couple of months ago, we couldn't defend a parking meter in the MTM, didn't think they'd ever get to the point where they would be able to depend on it. Many thought Green was the main culprit.
But this team is actually really good now in the MTM and Green did an exceptional job on Colin Sexton today.
Sexton has the ability to go off on just about anybody, but UK did a fantastic job on him today.
I also thought Green got called for a couple of fouls that were ridiculous while bodying up, but he still continued to go after Sexton on D.
Our defense should do well in the NCAAT where we won't have SEC officials. Just ask South Carolina how big of a difference officiating can make.

It's definitely gotten better.

And I agree about the point with the SEC. I know that we hate watching games where a foul is called on pretty much every other play. Still I can't help but think being in those type of games makes the tournament games easier.

It's definitely gotten better.

And I agree about the point with the SEC. I know that we hate watching games where a foul is called on pretty much every other play. Still I can't help but think being in those type of games makes the tournament games easier.
Yup, thatth what I was alluding to. I think SEC teams are going to do really well in the NCAAT this year just due to better officiating.
There could still be games like the Higgins game ladt year, but he can't possibly dislike all SEC teams like he obviously hates UK.
UK could be one of those teams that can make a run with the help of better officiating, but the cats have to fix a bunch of things first.

It's hard to play man to man when the refs blow a whistle for breathing on someone.

Our defense is a strength of this team. This game, we really defended well down the stretch creating multiple turnovers. Our defense is a huge reason we have yet to be blown out this year.

I don't know how good we are MTM with all of the switching. I noticed Green was staying with Sexton and fighting around and through screens and did well. I would like to see that happen with everyone all the time. Stop the switching nonsense unless you are just flat out beat on a drive. How many times do other teams force us into mismatches that hurt us?

ADVERTISEMENT