ADVERTISEMENT

Malik Monk - HoopHall Classic 2016

UKPhilly

Junior
Jan 19, 2005
MALIK MONKBentonville H. S. (Bentonville, AR); 2016 CG; 6’-3.5”; 187; 5-Star; 247Sports rank 5; Committed to UK – 1/18/2016 lost to St. Anthony H. S. (Jersey City, NJ) 50–72: FG 7/17; 3’s 0/7; FT 8/9; Reb 8; PF 4; TP 22; A 6; TO 6; Blk 0; Stl 3 – I saw Malik play 4 games at the 2014 City of Palms Classic where I asked one of Bentonville’s assistant coaches if Malik was a lock for Arkansas. The coach said that he was open and that Calipari was recruiting him hard. Bentonville looks to be a terrible team with none of the starters taller than 6’5”. Not as bad as Anthony Davis’ high school team, but no match for Hall of Fame coach Bob Hurley’s St. Anthony H. S. team. What impressed me most this game is the way Malik passed the ball, accumulating 6 assists. His 0 for 7 from the 3 is not typical of what I seen from Malik in previous games. Very quick and showed a nice tear drop in the lane. The 6 turnovers were disappointing, but probably had more to do with lack of support from teammates and the pressing St. Anthony D. Can definitely spell Fox at the point with his quickness and passing ability.

ADVERTISEMENT