ADVERTISEMENT

Make changes

It's not that he can't coach but rather he has failed to adapt to the changing evolution of the game. You don't beat 1996 uk if you can't coach, you don't take Memphis to a 38 win season if you can't coach, you don't win 38 twice at UK, something no other UK coach or any other coach at any other program has done even once, you don't take a primarily freshmen team to the national title game, etc, if you couldn't ever coach.

The calipari we have now isn't the calipari of even 4 years ago in 2018-2019 though. Something broke in him and the current version isn't a good coach at all.
When most previous coaches were at UK, there were not many 38 game seasons.

I don't think they are intertwined as much as your making out. How about Bennett at Virginia. He is more interested in winning a Championship. One question I have, "Is the NBA paying Cal's salary?" When a coach tells a players who is a Freshman, "You will have to convince me why you should not go to the NBA." A degree is something that can never be taken away, but ask some players who went to millions if money can.

There's more than one way of doing this. At the end of the day, Bennett has just as many titles at UVA than Cal has at UK.

I don't think this is as serious as some make it out to be. Cal has a huge ass ego. There is no way he is not interested in winning basketball games. For a man that's primary concern is to get players to the NBA like most say, he seems to win quite often. Obviously we've fallen on some rough times here but overall I'm talking about.

There's more than one way of doing this. At the end of the day, Bennett has just as many titles at UVA than Cal has at UK.

I don't think this is as serious as some make it out to be. Cal has a huge ass ego. There is no way he is not interested in winning basketball games. For a man that's primary concern is to get players to the NBA like most say, he seems to win quite often. Obviously we've fallen on some rough times here but overall I'm talking about.
Can you really compare the players that Bennett has gotten to the ones that Cal has got. How about the graduation rate? What percentage has Bennett sent to the NBA. Players who go there get an education, first and foremost. I believe U Conn. has won two NC's since Cal has been at UK. Can their players compare to our recruits? No absolutely not, better coaching.

Reactions: westerncat
It’s hard to evaluate and recruit players who just aren’t good enough to be a one and done . You just have to recruit the best available. There’s also no guarantee you won’t get a SGA or Herro who blows up and goes after first round evaluations . Plus , you recruit guys early on …and you certainly wouldn’t back off if they get really good their senior year in high school , etc

Can you really compare the players that Bennett has gotten to the ones that Cal has got. How about the graduation rate? What percentage has Bennett sent to the NBA. Players who go there get an education, first and foremost. I believe U Conn. has won two NC's since Cal has been at UK. Can their players compare to our recruits? No absolutely not, better coaching.

But now your talking about a completely different thing. If you think that Bennett is better coach than Cal that's fine to have that belief. He's certainly done a lot more with a lot less talent.

But that's quite a bit different than the accusation that Cal "only" cares about the NBA and not about winning.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT