ADVERTISEMENT

Machamer

RogerIndy

Sophomore
Sep 2, 2002
This was tweeted by UKBaseball.... If he is playing in the amateur CCBL, that means he is coming back, right?

Last edited:
Two huge things to take away from this:

1. He is coming back to UK. No reason to go to Cape Cod if he isn't coming back. Signing deadline is July 6. Wouldn't make sense for him to go play in the Cape just to sign in a professional contract a few weeks later.

2. He started and was pretty solid. Errors caused him to give up 2 runs, but he threw 62 pitches and 39 of them were strikes.

Two huge things to take away from this:

1. He is coming back to UK. No reason to go to Cape Cod if he isn't coming back. Signing deadline is July 6. Wouldn't make sense for him to go play in the Cape just to sign in a professional contract a few weeks later.

2. He started and was pretty solid. Errors caused him to give up 2 runs, but he threw 62 pitches and 39 of them were strikes.
He , Thompson and Ramsey our weekend starters next year?

I like Machamer as the closer. He was able to come in any time we needed him, every game if necessary.

Yep, but we might need his experience to help us elsewhere. Of course, it all kind of depends on how much longevity Mach has. If he only has 60 or 70 pitches in the arm then it isn't worth it.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
If Chris returns, the plan is to look at him as a weekend starter.

I think he'd be fine in that role. Like I said, I think Carson will be a killer closer. Strikeout guy. Just has to cut down on walks and he can be deadly. Limiting him to 1 or 2 innings should cut down on walks and he could be a great shut down arm. I'm excited for that prospect.

I just checked out the roster of the Brewster Whitecaps: http://www.brewsterwhitecaps.com/2018-roster.html, they are loaded with our talent: Machamer, Coleman, & Thompson. Plus Detmers and Miller from uavel; Linginfelter & Schultz from Tennessee.

Interesting... Coleman and Thompson were not on that roster a few days ago. Coleman hasn't pitched yet. Thompson has once and went just 1.2 innings and gave up 3, 1 earned.

Thompson is also supposed to be playing for USA baseball. Their first game is June 27. Not sure why he'd go to CCBL for basically a week.

Maybe Carson went to the first half of summer school? Total guess.

Coach Ming said on ksr this morning he is in the summer league working on being a starter... July 6th decision date. Be a big boost if he decided to come back to the team

Question? If Machamer comes back he will just be a junior? Right? That would leave him with leverage in next years baseball draft? Correct?

Thanks

Reactions: Comebakatz3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT