ADVERTISEMENT

Mac McClung

Mar 10, 2003
I remember hearing a few people on this board say the kid would fade into oblivion once he got to Georgetown. He’s doing pretty well for himself. Several big games on a decent team.

Reactions: kl40504 and KYJamm
He's a talented scorer. He's not very quick, not athletic and he couldn't guard an SEC-caliber point guard. He's a poor man's Patrick Sparks.

I think youre thinking of someone else. His speed and athleticism are elite. Im not sure what his 40 yard dash speed is but he's ridiculously quick and has no less than a 40 inch vertical. The questions about his game were everything BUT his athleticism. Flashy dunks for a 6'1 high flyer are cool on a high school highlight flick, but does it warrant a power 5 scholarship. Looks like hes proving any naysayers wrong in a similar beat to the drumb Zion Williamsom is playing. You can teach a freak athlete to play sound basketball much easier than you can teach a below the rim player to be more athletic/explosive. Good for him.

Side note, there's something about him that makes him look like hes only 14 or 15 out there. I know freshmen look young, because they are, but he looks like he had to have his parents drive him to the game.

He’s a tough player. Not a very good outside shooter, but he can take most college defenders to the hole. He’s very explosive, his first step is quick as a cat and he will dunk all over 7 footers. Lol. Now he’s a freshman and makes a few freshman mistakes, but he’s a better than average freshman in college and if he stays 4 years, he will be a superstar at Georgetown!

He wouldn’t start here and would be lucky to get two three minutes a game, but he’d be a hell of a practice player for our kids to guard and be guarded by everyday. He a very smart kid and you can tell he truly loves the game of basketball. He will keep working hard and is a great pickup for them.

Saying all that, he is very fun to watch when he’s hitting his jump shot because you can’t stay in front of him. He has like a 45 inch vertical, seems like maybe even 47 or something crazy like that!! He can really get off the floor and dunks with attitude. Haha. Anyway he could play here as a junior or senior I think because he’s such a good athlete and could be a pretty good role player.

Reactions: kl40504
I think youre thinking of someone else. His speed and athleticism are elite. Im not sure what his 40 yard dash speed is but he's ridiculously quick and has no less than a 40 inch vertical. The questions about his game were everything BUT his athleticism. Flashy dunks for a 6'1 high flyer are cool on a high school highlight flick, but does it warrant a power 5 scholarship. Looks like hes proving any naysayers wrong in a similar beat to the drumb Zion Williamsom is playing. You can teach a freak athlete to play sound basketball much easier than you can teach a below the rim player to be more athletic/explosive. Good for him.

Side note, there's something about him that makes him look like hes only 14 or 15 out there. I know freshmen look young, because they are, but he looks like he had to have his parents drive him to the game.
Yeah, I follow him because he played just up the road from me. Saw him live a bunch over the years. I wondered about his shooting early but last I looked he’s at 18.8 ppg 50% fg & 41% 3PT in the 4 conference games he’s played. He’s a had a great stretch. Very streaky shooter.

He's a talented scorer. He's not very quick, not athletic and he couldn't guard an SEC-caliber point guard. He's a poor man's Patrick Sparks.
I don’t ever remember Patrick sparks throwing down a reverse windmill???? Patrick Sparks wasn’t really special. You just proved you haven’t seen him play, “not very athletic “? Lol yeah ok. And Patrick sparks was.

I don't get the hate or the hype. He's a 4yr player then overseas he goes. Boom, end of story. There are plenty of other D1 players that will follow the same route.

Reactions: kl40504
e is talented
Splice all you want, I’m sure he’s a good kid but the team, the league is hot garbage. Neither are SEC caliber
You evidently have never played basketball. The only garbage on here is you.

Reactions: KYNC89
Easy now. Like McClung, people make Sparks out to be a bum for no reason. When McClung puts on 20 lbs of fat and can still shut down a player as good as Chris Lofton in Knoxville, then we’ll talk about who can carry whose jock.
Really. No one compared him to Chris Lofton. I guess you can't read.

I don't get the hate or the hype. He's a 4yr player then overseas he goes. Boom, end of story. There are plenty of other D1 players that will follow the same route.

He's of interest because contrary to popular opinion on this board, guys like this COULD play at UK.

Yeah, I follow him because he played just up the road from me. Saw him live a bunch over the years. I wondered about his shooting early but last I looked he’s at 18.8 ppg 50% fg & 41% 3PT in the 4 conference games he’s played. He’s a had a great stretch. Very streaky shooter.

I wish Herro was a streaky 41% shooter

Reactions: Mossip
Who is this guy and why does this fanbase have a weird obsession with him both in the "he sucks" and "he's the best" camps?

Who is this guy and why does this fanbase have a weird obsession with him both in the "he sucks" and "he's the best" camps?
Kid from near KY/VA/TN line. He blew up his senior year with mixtape dunks and broke the scoring record for the state of VA. He was talked about with Zion’s dunks and a lot of people hated on him because of his recruiting ranking. Said he’d never make it in college at Georgetown. He’s started all season, doing really well as a freshman and this is a basketball board. We talk about all kinds of players on here from other teams.

Are you freaking stupid? He’s of if the most athletic guys In The damn country.

If you re-ranked the class of 18 I'd say MM gets the biggest bump by far.
Would love to compare his measurables as a frosh to Jason Williams.
I think he's got a shot at the NBA if for no other reason than entertainment value.

Reactions: ChaiseyD
I’m honestly surprised anyone here actually watches Georgetown basketball. They play a more exciting style now, but my god years of them grinding out 48-46 wins or scores in the 50’s have killed any desire to watch them for me. I think I subconsciously turn them away from years of mental abuse watching their games.

Reactions: HagginHall1999
He's of interest because contrary to popular opinion on this board, guys like this COULD play at UK.

Right, he could def play at UK. Admittedly, I've only see him play at GTown once but he buried a pull up three on someone (with high elevation) and I remember thinking, who is this guy?...then the magic of Google happened.

He was a diamond in the rough. That happens, see Morant. I'm seeing people predicting this kid is a 4 yr player and overseas, etc...makes no sense- that could be the case or he may average 25 a game next yr and be in the NBA.

Point being, he definitely has talent and some serious athleticism that cannot be taught.

I’m honestly surprised anyone here actually watches Georgetown basketball. They play a more exciting style now, but my god years of them grinding out 48-46 wins or scores in the 50’s have killed any desire to watch them for me. I think I subconsciously turn them away from years of mental abuse watching their games.

Haha, so true I was channel surfing on the treadmill and saw them- only reason why.

Reactions: ConRay9
ADVERTISEMENT