ADVERTISEMENT

Lunardi's Latest Bracketology (3/7)

Well, we know we are going to have to play a couple of really tough games to get tgere so I expect to be in a bracket similar to this. UNC v UK would be a heck of a game.

Reactions: MWes11
Does anyone get the sense ESPN and Lunardi are really trying to sell this whole "ship UK out west" thing? There is no rhyme or reason to it, but Lunardi has repeatedly had us in that bracket.

Reactions: UKWildcatT
Does anyone get the sense ESPN and Lunardi are really trying to sell this whole "ship UK out west" thing? There is no rhyme or reason to it, but Lunardi has repeatedly had us in that bracket.
He must have us as the worst 4 seed.
That should change before selection Sunday.

Seems several "bracketologists" (how silly) have us as the worst 4 seed.

Two teams we really need to pull against in their conference tournament is Iowa and Maryland. Actually, pull against all teams on the 3/4 line.

Will winning our next two games be enough to upgrade to a 3 or will we need a little help from some of the other teams? Any chance at all for a 2 or is it pretty much out of range?

We're a 3 if the committee actually looks at injuries. UK lost at least 2 games because of injuries but everyone is back now. Should absolutely be a 3. But if not, hey, we'll just take the #1 seed a bit earlier. How the heck is UNC still a 1 seed?

We're a 3 if the committee actually looks at injuries. UK lost at least 2 games because of injuries but everyone is back now. Should absolutely be a 3. But if not, hey, we'll just take the #1 seed a bit earlier. How the heck is UNC still a 1 seed?
Yes this is correct . I actually think with our #'s we would have to be a 3 seed now but just in case we do need to root against the Utah , WVU, Oregon ,Maryland's of the world.

Reactions: MWes11
West bracket is always the weakest so if that's what they choose to do I'll take it. Don't see it happening though. Assuming UK makes the SECT finals I believe we will end up on the three line. Only chance for a two is the committee actually seeding nova and X according to what their resume deserves not their overall record.

Would be nice if we could beat a couple of tournament teams in the SEC tournament.

It is fun to debate these things but this seeding has no reality. The
way it reads to me, is that Duke is the lowest 4 seed and thus
is given number one Kansas. I don't see how Maryland rates there
or Wisconsin as high as a 6 seed.

Prediction for KY based on how NCAA will rank teams 1-68.

East region: Villanova, UNC, Utah, KY, iowa St

Plus is that its a manageable bracket. Minus is potentially playing Nova in Philly.

I think we're a 4 today but if the Cats make the SEC championship game they'll move up to a 3.

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing some of these 3/4 seeds lose early in their conference tournaments, though. It would make it much more difficult for the committee to justify shipping UK out west. I have a feeling they're going to want to do just that.

MSU will be sent west this year unless both VA and UNC are 1 seeds (unlikely). VA will win the ACC tourney and have a better resume. UNC slides to a 2.

There are advantages depending on draw of being a 4 versus 3

In the last few years they have done everything except ship us west,I am surprised that they haven't done it before to try and negate how well UK fans travel.

If UNC doesn't win(or at least get to the ACCT finals) how do you make them a 1 seed over any of 3 or 4 other teams?
We are at a point that all this 'bracketology' begins to have some merit,everything else to this point has been nothing more than noise and an extra hook to attract eyes and ears to ESPN

I think as the NCAA committee ranks teams the top 20 are almost set in some order regardless of conf tourneys. You may see a seed move up or down but in looking at it closely the top 5 seeds are set. Heres how I predict the committee ranks the top 20:

Kansas
VA
MSU
Villanova
UNC
Xavier
Oklahoma
Miami
West Va
Oregon
IU
Utah
KY
Maryland
Arizona
Duke
Purdue
Cal
Iowa St
Texas AM

You can guess on matchups and draws from there.

I'd be OK with that... TT or Prov could beat UNC... Ky can beat Cal. Even if we had to play UNC I'm not too worried...they're not much on defense.

Provided we're healthy...nobody, I mean nobody, wants us in their bracket. They won't admit it.... but deep down...I think we all know the answer.

Reactions: UKDC80
Not sure why we go through this every season with Lunardi's ridiculous regions. He is never right other than where teams are seeded for the most part. I understand we are just looking at potential matchups, but the real thing will look much different. The NCAA isn't going to care about joey brackets on selection sunday.

We're gonna get screwed. Need to win SEC tourney and get a 3 seed.

It doesn't matter to me.....I am going to watch them on the TV. The committee has never given us a nod because of winning the SEC tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT