ADVERTISEMENT

Lunardi still has Oklahoma as a 5 seed

Oklahoma over-rated & over-seeded crap is getting on my nerves. They could lose their next 3 & still manage to stay in top 25.

Last edited:
They have lost to both K State, and Iowa State already. They just lost at home to a below average Texas team by double digits. Oklahoma is not a good team. They will not make the tourney unless they win 2 games of there last 4 and 1 in the big 12 tourney. I'm not sure they can

There’s a reason basically every person that does bracketing has them in.

We’ll see.

IMO I’ve done bracketing long enough to know not only are they in but they are comfortably in.

Lunardi is good at forecasting who gets in. He's not very good at predicting seeds. And he stole Ted Koppel's haircut.

And TBH that’s the more important thing.

Anyone could get the field correct. Most bracket people and anyone that decides to do their own bracketing can usually nail 66,67 or all 68 rather easily. It’s extremely simple.

Even getting teams within one seed most people are extremely accurate.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
Oklahoma dropped to 34 in Real Time RPI dropped 13 spots today

They will be an 8 seed for a second rd matchup with a 1 bank on it

UK is a 5 or 6 seed now

Reactions: bigblue_07
They're going to continue to lose. They are @KU and @Baylor for two of their last 4 games.
But if they can lose to Texas at home they can certainly lose to Iowa State and Kansas State at home too.
Probably. When you are dependent on so many of your points running thru a freshman guard who is being guarded much better and starting to wear down anyway after a long season.

There’s a reason basically every person that does bracketing has them in.

We’ll see.

IMO I’ve done bracketing long enough to know not only are they in but they are comfortably in.

If the season ended today, they would be in, if they lose out, there is no way a 16-15 team gets in. If they go 1-3 and lose first round of big 12 tournament, and end up 17-14, they are out

What I don't get this year and I know we had our 4 game losing streak. Coach Cal said it the best this evening when saying these 4 losses were At Auburn who was #4 RPI, At Missouri who was #30 RPI, and AT TA&M which was #18 RPI, the home defeat was UT #12 RPI. We should have won our UF game and UT game at Home. We lost both of these games by 2 points and that was after we were up vs. UT by 4 and had 2 straight Turnovers to lead to win vs. UT. Then UF we had a chance a tie and PJ was clobbered and NO Foul called that could have tied the game and sent it to Overtime. Those were 2 heartbreakers to lose because we could be sitting at 20-7after today's win. Also, with Florida and UT RPI we would be in the Top 25 right now. Those 4 losses though were tough losses against 4 of the best this year in the SEC.

I don't understand the #5 OU seed and other seeds currently in the Bracketology from not only Lunardi but other websites. We are currently #17 RPI and #3 SOS and today we finally played a good 40 and finished off a game down the stretch. We just have to stay focus and play like today and go to Arkansas and steal a Win on the road and come home and Missouri and Ole Miss before our last road game in Gainesville vs. UF. If we can by the Arkansas game and come home and win the 2 home games I believe we match well with Florida right now. When you have Arkansas at #25 RPI and Missouri at #28 RPI that would be 2 huge wins for our Quadrant 1 resume. We would play Florida on the Road and since it is on the road if we can pull off a win that would be another Quadrant 1 win. We could at to our Resume with the Bama game 4 Quadrant 1's that would help our seed in the Tourney. If we go 4-0 and have a good SEC tourney we could move back up to a 3 or 4 seed depending what happens with the other teams in our Conference and teams in other Conferences. This could be another exciting finish coming up for the Wildcats.

Wait, people are mad at Lunardi because of his predictions that are based on the criteria the selection committee uses? Thats weird and the most Kentucky thing ever.

Wait, people are mad at Lunardi because of his predictions that are based on the criteria the selection committee uses? Thats weird and the most Kentucky thing ever.

lmao yeah I never got that.

All he's doing is trying to match what he thinks the committee is going to do. It's not even what he THINKS should be who's in and who's out.

If the season ended today, they would be in, if they lose out, there is no way a 16-15 team gets in. If they go 1-3 and lose first round of big 12 tournament, and end up 17-14, they are out

I totally disagree.

But we probably aren't going to find out either way because just as people were screaming about us losing out a week ago, they aren't going to lose out either.

I don't think anyone is mad about it.
Secondly, keeping Oklahoma on the 5 line after a 5 game losing streak is st least something to talk about.
It's also widely known that Lunardi is not very good at all at seeding teams, so again, it's something to talk about.

UK and OU are probably headed to an 8 vs 9 matchup against each other. Going to call that one now.

OU won't lose out and neither will UK. I seriously doubt either team "gets *&#@ right" though either. If they play each other at least one team can get to the round of 32 and make a 1 seed nervous.

They are 16-10 and likely to finish 20-12 or 19-13. They could possibly finish as bad as 16-15 or 17-14. They don’t even make the tourney at that point. Lot 5 straight and 8 of 10. No chance they get higher than. 7 seed. A 5 would be absurd.

ADVERTISEMENT