ADVERTISEMENT

Lunardi still has Oklahoma as a 5 seed

kyjeff1

All-American
Sep 8, 2012
So wait, UK is an 8 or 9 seed, but OU is still a 5? How? Our numbers are better.

Last edited:
It's hard to ignore the 6 quadrant 1 wins........5 of which are top 25 wins......1 of which a road win vs Wichita St.

Not necessarily saying I agree with it or even saying they are the better than we are.

But when people question why bracket people have them high......this is the reason. This is what the NCAA goes by.

I think unless OU completely falls off..........you'll see them in the 5-7 range.

Reactions: JonathanUSAF
Yeah the truth of the matter is Lunardi has us lower than most have us so the gap is more like OU 5 UK 6 than it is OU 5 UK 8/9

We aren't an 8/9 currently.

Reactions: EliteBlue
It's hard to ignore the 6 quadrant 1 wins........5 of which are top 25 wins......1 of which a road win vs Wichita St.

Not necessarily saying I agree with it or even saying they are the better than we are.

But when people question why bracket people have them high......this is the reason. This is what the NCAA goes by.

I think unless OU completely falls off..........you'll see them in the 5-7 range.
They've lost 8 of 10, so they have completely fallen off.

But they have completely fallen off. Haven't they now lost 5 in a row? 8 out of 10?
Is Wichita State actually a good win this year?

Last edited:
Reactions: EliteBlue
Doesnt matter when you win or lose the games. Your profile is your profile regardless of streaks.

Well you brought up losing last 8 of 10 like it matters.

It doesn't.

Now if they continue to lose of course they will slide.
They're going to continue to lose. They are @KU and @Baylor for two of their last 4 games.
But if they can lose to Texas at home they can certainly lose to Iowa State and Kansas State at home too.

They're going to continue to lose. They are @KU and @Baylor for two of their last 4 games.
But if they can lose to Texas at home they can certainly lose to Iowa State and Kansas State at home too.

It's certainly possible.

Lucky for them they already have the wins in the bag.

But they have completely fallen off. Haven't they now lost 5 in a row? 8 out of 10?
Is Wichita State actually a good win this year?

They are not the same team with trae young scoring 50 anymore. Teams know how to guard him.now and its getting to him. Idk how they can still be a 5 but shows this year is way down.

And now they're talking KU as a No. 1 seed? Whole thing is corrupt if that happens.

Lost at home to vandy today
Sorry what? Look again, that game was in Nashville. I don't care who you are, you play on the road in the SEC you have your hands full.
Villanova lost at home to St Johns, do they suck too?
By your rules, everybody sucks.

Hair In A Can fumes...

Capture.jpg

I have Oklahoma as a 1 seed...in the NIT. I think they lose 3 of there final 4 games, making them 17-13. They are 5-9 since January 1. They don't deserve to be in the tourney

Here's the thing about all these teams......Kentucky, UF, Oklahoma, Kansas.......when you play in good conferences (Big 12 and SEC) you're going to lose games......especially on the road.

It doesn't mean your not good teams. It's just going to happen.

I have Oklahoma as a 1 seed...in the NIT. I think they lose 3 of there final 4 games, making them 17-13. They are 5-9 since January 1. They don't deserve to be in the tourney

There is no way they are leaving a team out that has 6 quadrant 1 wins. Not when other bubble teams have 0-2 wins.

Reactions: SemperFiCat
Young love. I have been saying this over and over. Ok is not a 4 or a 5 seed. They have bad losses and 8 of 10 is just crazy. They have more losses coming too. With their good wins they are a 6 seed at best. To me a 7, which I believe we are also. Hell Bama beat them too. Losses will have to catch up to them. Good wins or not, you can't have 12 losses and be a 5 seed, sorry.

So if Oklahoma loses out, goes 16-15, 6-12 in the big 12 and finishes 8th or 9th in the big 12 out of 10 teams, they will get in?

I don't see them losing out when they got home games vs Iowa St and K State

But yes. 100% they are in.

i realize 16-15 (6-12) normally doesn't but they have way too many big wins to be out when other bubble teams will likely not have nearly as many

Kansas has 7 top 50 RPI wins but has 10 quad 1 wins with the new system
Kentucky has 5 top 50 RPI wins but only has 2 quad 1 wins with the new system

Old System difference of 2, new system difference of 8

I don't see them losing out when they got home games vs Iowa St and K State

But yes. 100% they are in.

i realize 16-15 (6-12) normally doesn't but they have way too many big wins to be out when other bubble teams will likely not have nearly as many

They have lost to both K State, and Iowa State already. They just lost at home to a below average Texas team by double digits. Oklahoma is not a good team. They will not make the tourney unless they win 2 games of there last 4 and 1 in the big 12 tourney. I'm not sure they can

ADVERTISEMENT