ADVERTISEMENT

Lunardi 1/27; 2/3; 2/7 Bracketology Updates

1/27 Bracketology

Lunardi has us as an 11 seed and part of the last four byes. We deserve to be higher but let's take care of business against KU and go from there. Wisconsin is the last team in (they've been on a tailspin) and Ohio St. is finally in the first four out (don't think they even deserve to be there). TAMU part of first four out. They deserve to be in and I think they ultimately will be. Great blowout win on the road at Auburn.
Lunardi is good at guessing who gets in, seeding not so much

I’m not sure I quite get the love for A&M at this point in time. Yeah, they’ve got off to a hot start in the SEC, but that’s mostly because they’ve beat up on bottom dwellers early in the conference slate with their only wins of any consequence being Missouri and Auburn. They also had a rough non-conference this year with losses to Colorado, Wofford, and Murray State teams who are total non-factors in their conferences as well as to fellow bubble teams Boise St. and Memphis (as well as to us in the conference). First four out seems about right for their resume to me.

A&M (8-2 last 10) does have wins over Florida (2), Mizzou and Auburn during the SEC schedule. While they obviously shouldn't be a top seed they deserve to be in as much as WV (3-7 last 10), OK St (5-5 last 10) or Northwestern (5-5 last 10) who he has in.

Here's today's updated Bracketology:

2/3 Update

We moved up a few spots to now be at the top of the last 4 in. LOL Florida in the hunt in the first 4 out group so the game this weekend is important for us both.

2/3 Update

We moved up a few spots to now be at the top of the last 4 in. LOL Florida in the hunt in the first 4 out group so the game this weekend is important for us both.
Our schedule the rest of the way. We play last 4 byes two game against ark. 2 game against for 4 out florida. What a nightmare we re in.

Our schedule the rest of the way. We play last 4 byes two game against ark. 2 game against for 4 out florida. What a nightmare we re in.
Yeah, we really need to sweep Florida and at least split with Arky. I'm not counting on a win there. Also root for the teams around us on the bubble there to struggle down the stretch.

2/7 Update

We moved up a whole whopping 2 total spots after beating Florida to move into last four byes just ahead of, you guessed it, Arkansas. Don't really get how Memphis is still in after losing at home to Tulane. Aggies and Florida listed as first 2 teams out.

Just looking at the projected 2's Kansas, UCLA, etc., UK just really needs to get away from that 10 spot, gotta get to that 6 seed somehow.

Just looking at the projected 2's Kansas, UCLA, etc., UK just really needs to get away from that 10 spot, gotta get to that 6 seed somehow.
Yes, it would be nice to get all the way up to that 6 seed and avoid a potential matchup in the second game with a 1 or 2 seed. We'll really have to go on a nice run to end the regular season to do that. I just want to make sure we at least get in the tourney.

A few things I found interesting since they talk a lot about who is trending up or down come tournament time.

WVU is 4-7 in their last 11 but a 10 seed trending up
UConn is 4-6 in their last 10 but a 5 seed holding steady
Mich St is 2-5 in their last 7 but a 9 seed and trending up
UNC is 6-4 in their last 10 but a 9 seed holding steady
Northwestern 6-4 in their last 10 but a 9 seed trending up
Iowa St is 3-4 in their last 7 but a 3 seed trending up
Kansas St is 3-4 in their last 7 but a 4 seed trending up
TCU is 5-5 in their last 10 but a 4 seed holding steady

UK is 7-3 in their last 10 and a 10 seed trending up
Texas A&M is 8-2 in their last 10 and are still the first four out of the tournament

So apparently losing in the ACC, Big East, Big 12 or Big 10 means more than winning in the SEC according to Joe. The thing I do find strange is the highest seeded SEC team besides Bama and UT is Missouri who is 5-5 in their last 10 games.

A few things I found interesting since they talk a lot about who is trending up or down come tournament time.

WVU is 4-7 in their last 11 but a 10 seed trending up
UConn is 4-6 in their last 10 but a 5 seed holding steady
Mich St is 2-5 in their last 7 but a 9 seed and trending up
UNC is 6-4 in their last 10 but a 9 seed holding steady
Northwestern 6-4 in their last 10 but a 9 seed trending up
Iowa St is 3-4 in their last 7 but a 3 seed trending up
Kansas St is 3-4 in their last 7 but a 4 seed trending up
TCU is 5-5 in their last 10 but a 4 seed holding steady

UK is 7-3 in their last 10 and a 10 seed trending up
Texas A&M is 8-2 in their last 10 and are still the first four out of the tournament

So apparently losing in the ACC, Big East, Big 12 or Big 10 means more than winning in the SEC according to Joe. The thing I do find strange is the highest seeded SEC team besides Bama and UT is Missouri who is 5-5 in their last 10 games.
A&M was horrible at the beginning of the season two years in a row, unfortunately they don't take into account a teams last 10 games anymore, even though they should especially when teams have injuries, etc.

A&M was horrible at the beginning of the season two years in a row, unfortunately they don't take into account a teams last 10 games anymore, even though they should especially when teams have injuries, etc.
I don't understand why they would quit considering that. Some teams come together early and peak in December and some peak around February. If 2 teams have a similar resume but one is 2-8 in their last 10 games and the other is 8-2 then the hotter team should be seeded higher. I mean that is a no brainer to me.

Reactions: mcwildcats04
I don't understand why they would quit considering that. Some teams come together early and peak in December and some peak around February. If 2 teams have a similar resume but one is 2-8 in their last 10 games and the other is 8-2 then the hotter team should be seeded higher. I mean that is a no brainer to me.
Yeah, for sure. I'm not sure if A&M had injuries early or what was going on but it should be factored in. What is crazy is if DUKE, UNC, etc. got hot in their tourny that is like a 2 seed bump for them lol!

Of course Duke is in Greensboro.
Was just about to comment on this. The biased towards them is so obvious. Would like to see the stats on how often they get to play a NCAA game in their own backyard.

I'm not worried about playing any of them.
U give me UCLA game 2?!
I'll take that
We played them to a close game when we were an AAU team in dec.
This team is a confident bunch now and u take over their easy Rd with a w

If UK can go 6-2 or better these last 8 they should be able to get to a 5 or 6 seed which makes the odds of making the sweet 16 much better

If UK can go 6-2 or better these last 8 they should be able to get to a 5 or 6 seed which makes the odds of making the sweet 16 much better
Nothing would surprise me with this team. I would be more than happy with a 6-2 finish as I wouldn't be surprised at all with 3 losses. There are some very tough games left.

A&M got snubbed last year, if they aren't in I could not imagine why not.
Every year the SEC gets the shaft in one way or another by the Selection Committee. I think it is the non-SEC committee members passive-aggressive way of giving he SEC the finger over how it "owns" college football.

Reactions: jrm693
ADVERTISEMENT