ADVERTISEMENT

Lunardi 1/27; 2/3; 2/7 Bracketology Updates

mcwildcats04

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2003
1/27 Bracketology

Lunardi has us as an 11 seed and part of the last four byes. We deserve to be higher but let's take care of business against KU and go from there. Wisconsin is the last team in (they've been on a tailspin) and Ohio St. is finally in the first four out (don't think they even deserve to be there). TAMU part of first four out. They deserve to be in and I think they ultimately will be. Great blowout win on the road at Auburn.

• Haha
Reactions: lsvljoe and jrm693
Agree, lunardi isn’t good anyways he gets the teams in the tourney correct but messes everything else up. Bracket matrix is the one I usually look at
Is it this one: Bracket Matrix ?

That site has Duke as a 6 seed and us still as an 11 seed. Also still has Ohio St. in as an 11 seed and Wisconsin as a 9 seed. That is just crazy to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
Is it this one: Bracket Matrix ?

That site has Duke as a 6 seed and us still as an 11 seed. Also still has Ohio St. in as an 11 seed. That is just crazy to me.
Yup.

The thing to know with it--It's a collection of Bracketologists. And not everyone updates at the same time. So sometimes it lags behind recent outcomes. You can look at the individual bracketologist's brackets to see who has updated since our last game or whatever time pont.

Reactions: mcwildcats04
Lunardi's bullshit is an absolute joke and is meaningless at this time of the season. ESPN fosters this nonsense to attract eyeballs and some fall for it every year.Lunardi is as FOS as a 10 year old outhouse

He also has Iowa, loser of 8 of their last 15 games, seeded 3 seeds ahead of UK as a 9 seed. The Big10 getting absolutely torched last year should make these clowns gun shy but no. I mean the Big10 hasn't won a title in 22 years and I think Joe keeps thinking the blind squirrel has to find a nut sometime.

I know Lunardi is a joke, but there are posters here who think UK still has a shot at a 3 or 4 seed. My bracketology has us as a 9 with a ceiling of 6 at this point.

Having a shot at something and where they will land are two different things. They could win out and be a 3 seed, but it sure isn't likely.

The Duke thing is pretty nuts.

UK is 1 spot behind them in the NET, 2 spot ahead of them in KenPom.
Somehow Duke is 5 seed lines higher?

The Duke thing is pretty nuts.

UK is 1 spot behind them in the NET, 2 spot ahead of them in KenPom.
Somehow Duke is 5 seed lines higher?
What is funny is our computer numbers are almost the same and UK literally has the best win in college Bball this year at UT, yet UK is an 11 and they are a 5. The USC loss is awful but if UK does go on a run, you have to look at that game is a complete fluke, plus I hate the injury excuse but Toppin and Wallace were out.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
There’s not much justification if any for duke as a 5 seed right now. Maybe lunardi is projecting the selection committee bias that he knows exists. That’s all i can think of. Duke doesn’t really have much in terms of good wins and the acc isn’t that strong.

Realistically, UK is not going to get a 3 seed, but hypothetically speaking if they finished the season without losing another game, they'd easily be a 2 seed.

They'd 28-6 or 29-6 with a 2 or 3 game sweep of Tennessee, a probable neutral site win over Alabama, wins over Kansas, Auburn, and Texas A&M, plus sweeps against Arkansas and Florida. They'd be riding a 19 game winning streak with an 18-3 or 19-3 conference record, and an SEC Tournament championship to boot. Plus, that type of run would easily generate high efficiency and computer numbers. That's easily a 2 seed and maybe a 1 seed.

Is that going to happen? Almost no chance. But it's theoretically possible. Realistically, I hope they can climb out of the seller and get at least a 7 seed or better.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlueThunderstruck
I see these way-too-early bracket predictions all the time.

Question - Is there any historical data showing who right or wrong they are? Just going by info here, it wouldn't surprise me if Duke (5) and UK (11) were flipped come March...

I'd say UK as a #10 or #11 is pretty much dead on. You guys need to understand that we hadn't beaten anyone before winning at Tennessee. It still stands as our only Q1 win this season!
TAMU was a good win (probably end up a Q2) but, why wouldn't we win that game?
Vandy is awful, had two guys out and about half the crowd were UK fans. Beat Kansas and I'll gladly start listening to single digit seed arguments. This season could have been so much more but, Calipari's stubbornness prevented that. We aren't out of the woods yet. 10 losses is about all this team can afford and still get into the tourney.
The real crime is that it's almost February and UK fans are still talking about just getting in to the NCAA tourney!
I for one am not letting Calipari off the hook for yet another debacle.

Reactions: jrm693 and know1
1/27 Bracketology

Lunardi has us as an 11 seed and part of the last four byes. We deserve to be higher but let's take care of business against KU and go from there. Wisconsin is the last team in (they've been on a tailspin) and Ohio St. is finally in the first four out (don't think they even deserve to be there). TAMU part of first four out. They deserve to be in and I think they ultimately will be. Great blowout win on the road at Auburn.
What a dipshit! Dook, UCONN and Miami are 5s LMFAO.💩🙄

CLEMSON is a 7 and has 2 Quad 4 losses. USC AND LCU by 18. 😄

will ferrell laughing GIF

• Haha
Reactions: mcwildcats04
I know Lunardi is a joke, but there are posters here who think UK still has a shot at a 3 or 4 seed. My bracketology has us as a 9 with a ceiling of 6 at this point.
If they only lose 2 more and win the SEC they can get a 4 seed for sure, now that happening is a different question

What is a bigger joke?

Kansas a 2 seed after losing 3 in a row and looking terrible?
Duke being a 5 after going 4-4 in their last 8 games?
The Big 10 having 9 teams in with 7 having 6 or more losses?
7 ACC teams despite being a horrible conference
All of the above
He’s an ass

After UKs win tomorrow, he’ll probably move KU down to the 3rd 2 seed and Kentucky will probably move to the top 11 seed. I’d like to smack that smug off his face. He actually thinks he’s smart, that’s the sad part.

Reactions: jrm693
What is funny is our computer numbers are almost the same and UK literally has the best win in college Bball this year at UT, yet UK is an 11 and they are a 5. The USC loss is awful but if UK does go on a run, you have to look at that game is a complete fluke, plus I hate the injury excuse but Toppin and Wallace were out.

That's a good point. You remove any teams best PG and best PF, and they could get beat by almost any team on a given night.

We were doomed the minute Collins started at the 4. Love Collins but he doesn't work at the 4 at all on this team.

Reactions: VA/UK
Seeds mean nothing this season guys and the top teams are losing on thier own floors. We have yet to peak and our ceiling is higher then alot of these top 10 teams that are losing all the time. Gotta big game tomorrow night and them Jayhawks are not in Kansas anymore. GOCATS!!

Realistically, UK is not going to get a 3 seed, but hypothetically speaking if they finished the season without losing another game, they'd easily be a 2 seed.

They'd 28-6 or 29-6 with a 2 or 3 game sweep of Tennessee, a probable neutral site win over Alabama, wins over Kansas, Auburn, and Texas A&M, plus sweeps against Arkansas and Florida. They'd be riding a 19 game winning streak with an 18-3 or 19-3 conference record, and an SEC Tournament championship to boot. Plus, that type of run would easily generate high efficiency and computer numbers. That's easily a 2 seed and maybe a 1 seed.

Is that going to happen? Almost no chance. But it's theoretically possible. Realistically, I hope they can climb out of the seller and get at least a 7 seed or better.
It’s theoretically possible that the Col is straight but not realistic. It’s possible my pecker is larger than I think it is, but realistically I know it’s not. It’s theoretically possible the Col is pimping out his sheep to Duke fans for money to buy a coke manufacturing plant, and realistically he is.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Texas A&M being out of the field is an absolute joke. Yet, somehow, Ohio State just recently fell out. They shouldn’t even be anywhere close to a bid. Also, LMAO at duke as a 5 seed. 🤦‍♂️
A&M got snubbed last year, if they aren't in I could not imagine why not.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
ADVERTISEMENT