ADVERTISEMENT

Lucien to make decision Jan 30th on CaliHighSports.com

Jun 4, 2010
4 star wide receiver and top Kentucky WR target Devin Lucien will officially be announcing his commitment Jan 30th on the site...link to preview story and direct link to preview video they made below...

to video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvt6JGqPuFg

story below

Devin Lucien

If OC Norm Chow has left UCLA, which is the current rumor, I doubt Lucien goes to UCLA.

It's my understanding that Maxwell Smith is trying to get him to come to UK which could be a big plus. I'm excited about Maxwell's potentioal, 24 TDs to 2 interceptions, I hope Lucien is also. UK has done very well sending two star WRs to the pros, and Matthews should prove we can do it with four stars too. I would hate to lose him but Cobb being drafted might improve our chances with him also.

I sure hope we might lure him to UK but it is going to be a tough sell. Too many biggies after him closer to the west coast. Smith will help but Cobb staying or going pro won't have any effect on his decision. JMOP
He stays closer to west coast.

How good of a blocker is he, we refuse to throw anything longer than 7-10 yards. No way in hell I would come here if I was a major receiver.

Kentucky has put some WR/TEs in the pros the last couple of years. Steve Johnson and Jacob Tamme both had huge seasons in the pros this year Burton would still be playing if not for injuries and Cobb and Matthews should make it. Pretty good recent record if you ask me.

Gotta agree w/ both sides. Since Johnson left, when have we thrown the ball consistently downfield. Doesn't matter what the reason was. COuld scare away a big time reciever. I would absolutely love to see balance like 2007 again.

Reactions: Deli owl
I saw on Rivals that Maxwell Smith is a December graduate, so if he signs with us, could he be on the team for Spring Practice? That would be sweet to get more competition in the mix.

Reactions: BBNRRX
Originally posted by hoss6901:
I saw on Rivals that Maxwell Smith is a December graduate, so if he signs with us, could he be on the team for Spring Practice? That would be sweet to get more competition in the mix.
He enrolled officially this week, went through 5 practices in December

Our other two grayshirts also enrolled, Patterson and Johnson, both very good prospects.

From what I can gather we have a real shot at Lucien, UCLA probably biggest competition right in his back yard. I'm sure Maxwell is selling his tail off to try to get him to Lex

Is that Maxwell throwing him the ball...Sure hope it is!!!
Originally posted by jackcdavis:
4 star wide receiver and top Kentucky WR target Devin Lucien will officially be announcing his commitment Jan 30th on the site...link to preview story and direct link to preview video they made below...

to video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvt6JGqPuFg

story below

ADVERTISEMENT