ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Fans Were All Class Today

Sep 2, 2014
I have been to some UK football games at their stadium where you have had some obnoxious rude people were yelling things. But, their fans were all class today. They have us a free shuttle from the parking lot to the stadium and everyone on the bus said welcome to Louisville and that we were having a great season.

In the stadium, they were all complimentary and when I stood up to cheer, no one told me to sit down. They complimented our hitting and pitching and talent and how they never thought the game over until the end with us.

And, when Hjelle was taken out, they stood and cheered for him, acknowledging his grit and good innings, and he tipped his hat to them.

Then, at the end, when the announcer acknowledged UK as the runner up for the Super, the fans cheered the players, respectfully.

Last, at the end of game, during presser, McDonnell spoke glowingly about Mingione and the UK team.

It was great to see today and good environment.

I have been to some UK football games at their stadium where you have had some obnoxious rude people were yelling things. But, their fans were all class today. They have us a free shuttle from the parking lot to the stadium and everyone on the bus said welcome to Louisville and that we were having a great season.

In the stadium, they were all complimentary and when I stood up to cheer, no one told me to sit down. They complimented our hitting and pitching and talent and how they never thought the game over until the end with us.

And, when Hjelle was taken out, they stood and cheered for him, acknowledging his grit and good innings, and he tipped his hat to them.

Then, at the end, when the announcer acknowledged UK as the runner up for the Super, the fans cheered the players, respectfully.

Last, at the end of game, during presser, McDonnell spoke glowingly about Mingione and the UK team.

It was great to see today and good environment.
That's easy...NO ALCOHOL! Same yesterday.

Reactions: CardinalJim
Could also be baseball vs. football. I have been to dozens of Reds games including several playoff games and a WS, and have never seen a problem. Bengals games, OTOH . . . wow, lets just say it is not my crowd. I don't intend on going back.

ADVERTISEMENT