ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville Board Of Trustees Member Diane Medley

I HONESTLY BELIEVE that a degree from UofL is dimineshed as of right now.

Scenario...You move out to Oregon, apply for a position...senior management is sifting through dozens of resumes. They see yours and it says University of Louisville on it. They dont know much about Louisville or you at this point except this comes to mind....(they had a decent basketball team at one time, Denny Crum, then this... Rick Pitino, Bobby Petrino, Ramsey, Jurich, SACS accreditation is in question or was, hookers in Dorms, Death penalty, corruption, Bribery to get players ) Onto the next resume...

You CANNOT tell me something like this would not happen. No way that degree is better because of sports, maybe 5 years ago but not right now. It is Tarnished period, the end.

Reactions: Sawnee Cat
With that bizarre statement she further degraded her UL degree. That illustrates how some managed to maintain such a gap between common sense and their formal degrees.

athletics does not equal academic prestige. my degrees from UK are not tied to athletics, I mean I went there when tubby was destroying our program and grad school with BCG. athletics has, for them, robbed the university really. its not like they are using athletic money to build new science buildings or increase the number of scholarship for academics. If they were using their "most profitable program" status to actually improve their school or their community. then sure this could be argued but just because you get a fancy new arena, at the cost of the tax payers and city, doesn't make your degree any more valuable. just because you put lipstick on the pig doesn't make it the prom queen.

Reactions: moose78
athletics does not equal academic prestige. my degrees from UK are not tied to athletics, I mean I went there when tubby was destroying our program and grad school with BCG. athletics has, for them, robbed the university really. its not like they are using athletic money to build new science buildings or increase the number of scholarship for academics. If they were using their "most profitable program" status to actually improve their school or their community. then sure this could be argued but just because you get a fancy new arena, at the cost of the tax payers and city, doesn't make your degree any more valuable. just because you put lipstick on the pig doesn't make it the prom queen.
So true....I mean Harvard is a powerhouse in all sports....shes a moron

She's a grandmother, on the board of a university, and by her appearance she's likely 5 years away from retirement. Why would she be interested in the value of her degree? It's gotten her as far as she's gonna go.

But the bigger issue is that she openly and publicly states that she puts her own self interests ahead of the interests of the university.

Last edited:
The 10-3 vote lets us know that there is still some filth on the board and within university-6. I look at it as a good thing. Excited to see what type of scandal or illegal activity they get busted for next!

ADVERTISEMENT