ADVERTISEMENT

Lots of drama surrounds tonight's game ... to say the least.

megablue

All-SEC
Oct 2, 2012
1) Does Wheeler play ??
2) If so, does he start ??
3) How many minutes does he play ??
4) Do we look good with him in the game ??
5) Is Wallace healthy and does he start ??
6) How many minutes does he play at PG ?? Shooting guard ??
7) How many minutes do Reeves and Fredrick play ??
8) How many minutes do Reeves and Fredrick play together ??
9) Can Reeves and Fredrick both shoot over 50% to validate their shooting reputation ??
10) Do Reeves and Fredrick play the kind of defense they played against Tennessee ??
11) If Reeves and Fredrick struggle on the defensive end, is it because the Tennessee match-up featured slower players ??
12) How many minutes does Thiero play ??
13) Regardless of the PG, but especially when Wheeler's in the game, do Reeves, Fredrick and Thiero move with the ball and attack the rim ??
14) Can we get to the line at least twenty (20) times and hit at least fifteen (15) to help us score ??
15) How quick is Georgia and can we prove our defensive effort against Tennessee was not just due to overall favorable match-ups with their wing players ??
16) Do we come out and play a solid game, take care of business and prove that we may have found ourselves, or do we simply prove that the Tennessee win, as GREAT as it was, was fools' gold ??

There are MANY questions that will be answered tonight and I'm sure the game thread will be hopping.
I hope the Cats have found themselves, their effort is relentless again and we look like a team that can make a little noise.
We'll find out tonight ...

GO CATS !!

Last edited:
1) Does Wheeler play ??
2) If so, does he start ??
3) How many minutes does he play ??
4) Do we look good with him in the game ??
5) Is Wallace healthy and does he start ??
6) How many minutes does he play at PG ?? Shooting guard ??
7) How many minutes do Reeves and Fredrick play ??
8) How many minutes do Reeves and Fredrick play together ??
9) Can Reeves and Fredrick both shoot over 50% to validate their shooting reputation ??
10) Do Reeves and Fredrick play the kind of defense they played against Tennessee ??
11) If Reeves and Fredrick struggle on the defensive end, is it because the Tennessee match-up featured slower players ??
12) How many minutes does Thiero play ??
13) Regardless of the PG, but especially when Wheeler's in the game, do Reeves, Fredrick and Thiero move and attack the rim ??
14) Can we get to the line at least twenty (20) times and hit at least fifteen (15) to help us score ??
15) How quick is Georgia and can we prove our defensive effort against Tennessee was not just due to overall favorable match-ups ??
16) Do we come out and play a solid game, take care of business and prove that we may have found ourselves, or do we simply prove that the Tennessee win, as GREAT as it was, was fools' gold ??

There are MANY questions that will be answered tonight and I'm sure the game thread will be hopping.
I hope the Cats have found themselves, their effort is relentless again and we look like a team that can make a little noise.
We'll find out tonight ...

GO CATS !!
This is big for me to see that the UT game wasn't just a random fluke. Also, if we get a strong win here, I'm going to feel good about us making the tourney at a minimum. And if we beat UT at their place, we can beat anyone in the tourney. How we play down the stretch is going to show us the likelihood of being consistent in the tourney and making a deep run. But, we absolutely have to make the tourney.

Reactions: megablue
If Wallace’s back is still a problem then Wheeler has to play.

It’s not fair to Cason for fans to demand he play pg while hurting.

Let him heal if we can prevail without him.

Let the coaches decide.

Reactions: Jperry1987
Is Richie gonna play?

Is that a bad question?

Is Cal gonna grab the sideline reporter?
Whomever CCC says he needs to play more will not get off the bench.
To answer question #3. - CCC has to always be the center of attention. He never answers the reporters questions but just takes over. If I was assigned the havetime interview with COW, I would just hand him the Mike. Bet Holly Rowe never does another UK game with our egomaniac coach!

• Haha
Reactions: jjsomer
I think the key to this team is energy and effort defensively from start to finish (not allowing an offensive lapse to affect their D) and being aggressive offensively, not shying away from contact, and Fredrick and Reeves aggressively cutting, coming off screens, and hunting shots. And we need to keep making free throws. If the team continues doing these things, the number of minutes for individual players will not make a huge difference. But if the team regresses and returns to their uninspired play, letting missed shots affect their defensive intensity, getting pushed around and afraid to make a play, missing free throws, that great win over Tennessee won't matter.

I really don't know what to expect tonight. It's a big game, though, not so much for the benefit of winning but for the benefit of NOT losing. Georgia has been playing really well. But we're at home and you must protect your home court. Gotta win this one. UK won't get much credit for beating Georgia, but it will be a national story if we lose.

I think the key to this team is energy and effort defensively from start to finish (not allowing an offensive lapse to affect their D) and being aggressive offensively, not shying away from contact, and Fredrick and Reeves aggressively cutting, coming off screens, and hunting shots. And we need to keep making free throws. If the team continues doing these things, the number of minutes for individual players will not make a huge difference. But if the team regresses and returns to their uninspired play, letting missed shots affect their defensive intensity, getting pushed around and afraid to make a play, missing free throws, that great win over Tennessee won't matter.

I really don't know what to expect tonight. It's a big game, though, not so much for the benefit of winning but for the benefit of NOT losing. Georgia has been playing really well. But we're at home and you must protect your home court. Gotta win this one. UK won't get much credit for beating Georgia, but it will be a national story if we lose.
Very well-stated ... thanks for the reply. GO CATS !!

Reactions: IL Wildcat
Cal probably holds Wallace out and lets Wheeler be the hero against the Dawgs, then says, “I told you Wheeler was great.”

Nevermind the fact that UGA is terrible.

Cal probably holds Wallace out and lets Wheeler be the hero against the Dawgs, then says, “I told you Wheeler was great.”

Nevermind the fact that UGA is terrible.
They are 13-4, with wins over Notre Dame, Auburn, Mississippi State and Ole Miss for a 3-1 SEC record.
They start three (3) guards along with a 6'11" Center and a 6'8" Forward.
They are definitely not "terrible" ... !!

They are 13-4, with wins over Notre Dame, Auburn, Mississippi State and Ole Miss for a 3-1 SEC record.
Thanks for saving me from all that typing

We’re not terrible, but Kentucky should still beat us by 10-12 at home. If y’all play Wheeler a lot, it’ll be closer. JMO

To answer question #3. - CCC has to always be the center of attention. He never answers the reporters questions but just takes over. If I was assigned the havetime interview with COW, I would just hand him the Mike. Bet Holly Rowe never does another UK game with our egomaniac coach!
Post of the year! I always havetime for an interview.

Cal should've never laid hands on Holly Rowe, but if you watch the interview I think he was positively giddy with delight that his team had a halftime lead that he couldn't control himself. Again, not an excuse, but you could see how happy he was to finally have something good happen.

We'll start to learn a lot more tonight that's for sure. Was Saturday an anomaly, or a true turning point?

We'll start to learn a lot more tonight that's for sure. Was Saturday an anomaly, or a true turning point?

I fear the former. Calipari just doesn't want to play the best lineup. Granted with a full team er beat SC IMO and probably gut out the next 3 before KU makes circus midget their biatch and this place loses its mind again.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM.jpg

Yep, that was a preemptive post intended to downplay any help Wheeler might offer for a possible win. Of course, in his back pocket, in case we lose, he has an "I told you so! Wheeler couldn't even beat a terrible Georgia team! Man, he sucks!" So, he wins either way. A win means nothing. A loss means Wheeler should be benched.

Or we could just WATCH the game and see what actually happens. 😀

Reactions: sefus12
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT