ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like the loudmouthed minority isn't just a UK thing

Apr 7, 2022
I love articles like this. You find a few disgruntled loudmouths on some fan site and that's what passes as a real story. I guess a handful of line bearded morons are the "basketball world". To even breathe a word about firing Kenny Payne at this juncture is beyond ridiculous. Not just RR

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Give him plenty of time.

But, I think it was a stupid move by a stupid program to hire a coach with no head coaching experience. This would be acceptable at a mid major maybe, but not at a Louisville type job. Dumb asses.
I agree with you there, but I'm wouldn't be shocked to know that they needed a body to fill the position asap and Kenny has strong ties there. The whole debacle with the last coaching staff was a public humiliation and an even keel personality is needed. At the very least their new head coach will do his best to keep the drama to a minimum and right now that's what is needed the most. You have to put the house fire out before you can rebuild it.

We live in a world of "what have you done for me lately....as in, immediately!"

No one has patience these days. Chalk that up to the electronic age of emails, texts, social media, and even the corporate world and marriage! Everyone is now expected to over achieve, read minds, never offend anyone, respond immediately, and just magically make things happen yesterday. And if they don't hit the ground running, respond within 45 seconds, or somehow create a miracle from nothing, they're chastised, fired, laid off, ghosted, or divorced.

Society - particularly American society - has been rapidly becoming a cesspool of absurd expectations and a total lack of any patience or empathy.

The ex players and alot of the fan base wanted an African American Coach. Kp does have a great pedigree and is very well respected. He put together a nice staff and an ace recruiter in Nolen Smith. You have to give the guy at least two years to get some portal guys in and new recruits. However, and I told every Louisville fan I know this. you don't just decide to become a head bench coach. Kp is proving this is much harder than you think it is.

Give him plenty of time.

But, I think it was a stupid move by a stupid program to hire a coach with no head coaching experience. This would be acceptable at a mid major maybe, but not at a Louisville type job. Dumb asses.
While I don’t feel too bad for UofL …I do feel bad for Kenny
He tried to recruit some players but the NCAA hadn’t ruled yet so his hands were tied
Agree ..give him time
But also agree it was a bonehead move to hire someone with NO HC experience and a P5 school

If someone thinks those who feel it's time for Cal to move on are the minority -- you MIGHT be mistaken.

I actually think it's close right now.
I actually have no way of knowing because I live in NC and don't talk to people other than online. I don't blame anyone for feeling that way after the way that things have panned out, tbh I am not 100 percent onboard with our current coach either.

I love articles like this. You find a few disgruntled loudmouths on some fan site and that's what passes as a real story. I guess a handful of line bearded morons are the "basketball world". To even breathe a word about firing Kenny Payne at this juncture is beyond ridiculous. Not just RR
You’re a fool if you think people unhappy with Calipari are in the minority. And I’m not talking about “fan sites”.

Give him plenty of time.

I know KP has went to UofL.. but this hire always kind of felt like UofL trying to pull one over on us (despite that KP wasn't even with us anymore), and to also see if they could enter their hat into the "Wagner Sweepstakes"

If someone thinks those who feel it's time for Cal to move on are the minority -- you MIGHT be mistaken.

I was wondering how you guys would react when Kentucky beats a good team. I found out. You continue to whine and complain with your stupid comments about Cal. I am not in Kentucky but I watch the teams' games on television. I see that the stands at Kentucky's arena are always full when the team plays there. I don't see any reporters indicating that there is any evidence that the vast majority of the fans have turned against Cal. I also have common sense. Cal has just recruited a class of recruits that is
considered the #1 class in the 2023 class. I have seen several of those players play. They are sensational players who the fans will love. Cal also has a contract that is way too expensive to buy out. I think that the AD could care less about people like you with your constant negativity. You really know how to celebrate when the team wins.

I was wondering how you guys would react when Kentucky beats a good team. I found out. You continue to whine and complain with your stupid comments about Cal. I am not in Kentucky but I watch the teams' games on television. I see that the stands at Kentucky's arena are always full when the team plays there. I don't see any reporters indicating that there is any evidence that the vast majority of the fans have turned against Cal. I also have common sense. Cal has just recruited a class of recruits that is
considered the #1 class in the 2023 class. I have seen several of those players play. They are sensational players who the fans will love. Cal also has a contract that is way too expensive to buy out. I think that the AD could care less about people like you with your constant negativity. You really know how to celebrate when the team wins.

They aren't even ranked. Not sure michigan is a good team. Solid win but nothing special.

I'm hardly a calipari lynch mob guy like some on here although I have stated before and will now don't see him winning a 2nd title at this point so hopefully he moves on in spring 2024.

I do not see any evidence through the mainstream media that our President has Dementia , but, we all know he has it.

My mom has always been content with uk basketball. Watches every game happily win or lose but even she’s starting to say she thinks it’s just time.

considered the #1 class in the 2023 class. I have seen several of those players play. They are sensational players who the fans will love. Cal also has a contract that is way too expensive to buy out. I think that the AD could care less about people like you with your constant negativity. You really know how to celebrate when the team wins.Dui
Dude, you don't know me and you have no idea how I personally feel about Cal. You're making assumptions.

You say I whine, complain, post stupid comments and am constantly negative. Maybe you should direct your post to the board as a whole, but not me.

Dude, you don't know me and you have no idea how I personally feel about Cal. You're making assumptions.

You say I whine, complain, post stupid comments and am constantly negative. Maybe you should direct your post to the board as a whole, but not me.
It was a comment for most of the people on the board. I have to start posting my comments differently.

Reactions: BlueBomb
I agree with you there, but I'm wouldn't be shocked to know that they needed a body to fill the position asap and Kenny has strong ties there. The whole debacle with the last coaching staff was a public humiliation and an even keel personality is needed. At the very least their new head coach will do his best to keep the drama to a minimum and right now that's what is needed the most. You have to put the house fire out before you can rebuild it.
Agree.

No one has patience these days. Chalk that up to the electronic age of emails, texts, social media, and even the corporate world and marriage! Everyone is now expected to over achieve, read minds, never offend anyone, respond immediately, and just magically make things happen yesterday. And if they don't hit the ground running, respond within 45 seconds, or somehow create a miracle from nothing, they're chastised, fired, laid off, ghosted, or divorced.

Society - particularly American society - has been rapidly becoming a cesspool of absurd expectations and a total lack of any patience or empathy.
Very good.

As you stated, you aren’t in Kentucky. You base your opinions on media. That’s a ridiculous take. I base my opinion on being around other Kentuckians every day. And my opinion is a huge majority of UK fans would be happy if Cal left yesterday.

Or any personal responsibility, that plays into that as well. It’s always someone’s else fault.

As you stated, you aren’t in Kentucky. You base your opinions on media. That’s a ridiculous take. I base my opinion on being around other Kentuckians every day. And my opinion is a huge majority of UK fans would be happy if Cal left yesterday.
I still don't believe it. I believe most of the people in your circle may feel that way. I don't think most fans feel that way. It's early in the season. We'll see how the team plays this year.

Reactions: Backer cutter
So your rationale is that because a “reporter” hasn’t said that people are mad that makes it so? Also there are plenty of empty seats at games. We used to sell our every game for like decades at a time. The past 4-5 years you can find 10-12 games a year where 1000’s of seats are available.

I still don't believe it. I believe most of the people in your circle may feel that way. I don't think most fans feel that way. It's early in the season. We'll see how the team plays this year.
Well We won’t, maybe you will. I haven’t watched in over two years and won’t again until a change is made. I know many others who quit also, for the same reason.

So your rationale is that because a “reporter” hasn’t said that people are mad that makes it so? Also there are plenty of empty seats at games. We used to sell our every game for like decades at a time. The past 4-5 years you can find 10-12 games a year where 1000’s of seats are available.
I know some people are mad. I see no proof whatsoever that most Kentucky fans feel that way. We can just agree to disagree.

I was wondering how you guys would react when Kentucky beats a good team.
Michigan a good team? They were already on the bubble in bracketology last week before they lost to UVA & UK and haven't even made it to conference play.

We play UCLA next Saturday, they're very likely to punch a ticket...not a great team, but a good one, and on a neutral floor...far and away a better test than Wish-again. Come back and ask us then.

You’re a fool if you think people unhappy with Calipari are in the minority. And I’m not talking about “fan sites”.
Like I said above, I am not talking to all Kentuckians, but neither are you. My argument is as anectodical as yours unless you have travelled to every corner of the state and polled every UK fan.

ADVERTISEMENT