ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like the loudmouthed minority isn't just a UK thing

So your rationale is that because a “reporter” hasn’t said that people are mad that makes it so? Also there are plenty of empty seats at games. We used to sell our every game for like decades at a time. The past 4-5 years you can find 10-12 games a year where 1000’s of seats are available.
Matt Jones who is in the media has said on KSR that its not a minority anymore thats upset with Cal. that it seems like the majority now are at least upset with how things are now in basketball. He based this on calls, social media and the text line that people send their thoughts to KSR with.

Matt Jones who is in the media has said on KSR that its not a minority anymore thats upset with Cal. that it seems like the majority now are at least upset with how things are now in basketball. He based this on calls, social media and the text line that people send their thoughts to KSR with.
Wonder what John Short's assessment is...

That guy is totally biased against Cal. KRS is known for its constant bashing of Cal and he apparently refused to go on Jones show recently. Stop wasting your time with this foolish attempt to run Cal out of town. Cal could decide to retire after next year before his four year extension begins. I don't expect that to happen. If I were him I would wait until after coaching at least 2 years of that extension. Nine million dollars a year is hard to walk away from. You and most of the people on this board are going to drive yourselves crazy with this nonsense. You really need to look at Cal's record at Kentucky. It is absolutely outstanding. There is no way in hell you are going to be able to find a coach with a better track record than his at Kentucky.

That guy is totally biased against Cal. KRS is known for its constant bashing of Cal and he apparently refused to go on Jones show recently. Stop wasting your time with this foolish attempt to run Cal out of town. Cal could decide to retire after next year before his four year extension begins. I don't expect that to happen. If I were him I would wait until after coaching at least 2 years of that extension. Nine million dollars a year is hard to walk away from. You and most of the people on this board are going to drive yourselves crazy with this nonsense. You really need to look at Cal's record at Kentucky. It is absolutely outstanding. There is no way in hell you are going to be able to find a coach with a better track record than his at Kentucky.
Whassup Ed...lowering the bar and living in the past again I see...you need a new polishing cloth...

npfTP2V.png

sorry........ us being angry helped lead Tubby to wanting to and then leaving . if there is a chance me voicing my frustration and anger makes cal not want to be here anymore or hopefully more, trying to and succeeding in changing ... then I'm going to do the only thing I can... voice my frustrations and anger.

That makes sense but for someone out of town they are gonna base it on what, Fox, running a story about Cal being on the hot seat? That’s determines how the fanbase feels 😂.

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
sorry........ us being angry helped lead Tubby to wanting to and then leaving . if there is a chance me voicing my frustration and anger makes cal not want to be here anymore or hopefully more, trying to and succeeding in changing ... then I'm going to do the only thing I can... voice my frustrations and anger.
Tubby is not Cal. I haven't looked at his record. I know he is not doing very well right now at the school he is coaching at. I'm telling you you're going to drive yourself crazy with this foolishness.

That makes sense but for someone out of town they are gonna base it on what, Fox, running a story about Cal being on the hot seat? That’s determines how the fanbase feels 😂.
When there is overwhelming evidence that the fan base has totally turned against Coach Calipari. The fact that a lot of fans followed the team to England, is a clear indication that that isn't happening anytime soon.

That's why he was fired from Memphis and Penny is doing so much better there.
Do you actually follow the sport? Li'l Penny is now in his 5th year and has won exactly one NCAA tournament game [laughing] difference is Tubby is an old man and Li'l Penny supposed to be in his prime...

I think I understand your take on Cal a little better now...

Arkj8UU.png

Tubby is not Cal. I haven't looked at his record. I know he is not doing very well right now at the school he is coaching at. I'm telling you you're going to drive yourself crazy with this foolishness.
Here’s the thing . Every single statement you make was made back in the Tubby wars . However the fanbase was split much more evenly. Probably about 35 to 40 % still supported tubby, and believe it or not the number is MUCH lower for Calipari. There were posts saying tubby wasn’t going anywhere the very morning of the day we learned he was heading to Minnesota. So who knows. And I agree that Calipari is not Tubby. That is what worries me the most . I fear we have a Jim Boeheim situation on our hands .

Here’s the thing . Every single statement you make was made back in the Tubby wars . However the fanbase was split much more evenly. Probably about 35 to 40 % still supported tubby, and believe it or not the number is MUCH lower for Calipari. There were posts saying tubby wasn’t going anywhere the very morning of the day we learned he was heading to Minnesota. So who knows. And I agree that Calipari is not Tubby. That is what worries me the most . I fear we have a Jim Boeheim situation on our hands .
Then you had Dook Vitale pissing on the fanbase and Pitino pimpin' Travis Ford...

Brainfart is the common denominator of most fails...he's been behind the worst hires and contracts ever...

1200x0.jpg

Reactions: Montana81
Then you had Dook Vitale pissing on the fanbase and Pitino pimpin' Travis Ford...

Brainfart is the common denominator of most fails...he's been behind the worst hires and contracts ever...

1200x0.jpg
Yeah , I remember thinking what nerve Pitino had even thinking someone would consider his opinion on the matter.

Do you actually follow the sport? Li'l Penny is now in his 5th year and has won exactly one NCAA tournament game [laughing] difference is Tubby is an old man and Li'l Penny supposed to be in his prime...

I think I understand your take on Cal a little better now...

Arkj8UU.png
I am not a Penny fan. I was responding to the comment that Tubby can actually coach compared to Cal. Tubby failed at Memphis and High Point before he retired.Penny has recruited well and he has a very good record at Memphis. Cal is a much better coach than he is. You have said nothing about my main points. Cal's overall record at Kentucky, (except for 2 years), is absolutely outstanding. There is no evidence whatsoever that most fans are ready for him to stop coaching the team. The constant whining and complaining against Cal by you and others is tiresome, annoying and a total waste of time.

I am not a Penny fan. I was responding to the comment that Tubby can actually coach compared to Cal. Tubby failed at Memphis and High Point before he retired.Penny has recruited well and he has a very good record at Memphis. Cal is a much better coach than he is. You have said nothing about my main points. Cal's overall record at Kentucky, (except for 2 years), is absolutely outstanding. There is no evidence whatsoever that most fans are ready for him to stop coaching the team. The constant whining and complaining against Cal by you and others is tiresome, annoying and a total waste of time.
At any point, feel free to click my avatar and put me on ignore...I promise, I won't miss yours or anyone else's puckerings... [laughing]

Your main points are all from yesteryear...to say you're living in the past is a laughable understatement.

Let's see...

Haven't won a NCAA tourney game since the 2018-19 squad
Suffered the worse season in Kentucky Basketball history
Posted the worse loss in Kentucky NCAA Tournament history
Allows players to pull splinters out of their ass and collect NIL
Passed by Kansas and Tarholes in the record books
Run an offense from last century
Cannot win without an overwhelming advantage in talent to mask coaching deficiencies
Coached by a stubborn jackass who would prefer to lose than adapt to change

Last edited:
Appreciate the reply. Long story short, and I hope you can understand. I was full of Cal’s bullshit before. But my dad, a lifelong UK fan, like no other, never missed a game on tv. He fell ill around this time last year. Was in and out of hospitals and nursing homes until he passed in February this year. He loved UK basketball. We got him settled into a local nursing home and UK had a game coming up one night. I told him I would come get the game on and watch with him. His response, “I don’t care nothing about that “. He was 89 years old and had been following the cats since he was born. He used to take me to his parents house to listen to the radio for games nearly 60 years ago. Me and my daughter took him to Rupp for his first and only game he ever saw live, Cals first year. So spare me the sorrow. My dad saw more good basketball than Cal ever dreamed of, and it’s not close. Don’t feel sorry for me, feel sorry for the ones that witnessed real basketball. They never got the chance to witness it again.
I remember you going through that last year I believe. I do understand and I respect your choice.

My great grandparents, grandparents also listened/watched every game. My dad played baseball at Uk early to mid sixties and was and remains friends with several of UK basketball players. It's all I have ever known. I was sincere that I hate to hear it, but I don't feel sorry for you, if that makes sense.

Reactions: Backer cutter
At any point, feel free to click my avatar and put me on ignore...I promise, I won't miss yours or anyone else's ass puckerings... [laughing]

Your main points are all from yesteryear...to say you're living in the past is a laughable understatement.

Let's see...

Cannot win without an overwhelming advantage in talent to mask coaching deficiencies
You're the one living in the past. I just spent some time reading about Tubby. He had an excellent overall record. People were upset with his recruiting and lack of Final Four appearances. He experienced a huge backlash from fans and finally quit. Cal has a huge lifetime contract. There is no way he'll be bought out. He probably stays off social media. He can ignore the relatively few fans who really seem (based on posts on this forum) to hate his guts. You claim he can't win a game without an overwhelming advantage in talent. Nonsense, he just beat Michigan.The level of talent at Kentucky now is comparable to the talent at Michigan. If you and others want to drive yourselves crazy ranting and raving against the coach of a team that you say you support, that's fine with me. Don't lose your minds because someone has an opposing opinion. As for him refusing to change, he has just made Ugo the back-up center. A lot of people on this forum was upset that Ugo wasn't playing more. He played more against Michigan. He was effective at times but he proved the fact that he needs to get much stronger to make a significant impact.

Reactions: Graham51
You're the one living in the past. I just spent some time reading about Tubby. He had an excellent overall record. People were upset with his recruiting and lack of Final Four appearances. He experienced a huge backlash from fans and finally quit. Cal has a huge lifetime contract. There is no way he'll be bought out. He probably stays off social media. He can ignore the relatively few fans who really seem (based on posts on this forum) to hate his guts. You claim he can't win a game without an overwhelming advantage in talent. Nonsense, he just beat Michigan.The level of talent at Kentucky now is comparable to the talent at Michigan. If you and others want to drive yourselves crazy ranting and raving against the coach of a team that you say you support, that's fine with me. Don't lose your minds because someone has an opposing opinion. As for him refusing to change, he has just made Ugo the back-up center. A lot of people on this forum was upset that Ugo wasn't playing more. He played more against Michigan. He was effective at times but he proved the fact that he needs to get much stronger to make a significant impact.
First off, paragraph breaks are your friend...no one wants to read a world salad...

Tubby just had a nice fat contract, how'd that work out for him, you seriously trying to compare a 71 year old to Cal [laughing]

Michigan? [roll] newsflash, they were on the bubble before they lost to UVA & UK, now they're in the NIT bracketology, but then again, you probably think that's success since you're pimpin' Michigan's talent the same as Kentucky's...

Don't quit your day job...propagandist messenger is not for you...

First off, paragraph breaks are your friend...no one wants to read a world salad...

Tubby just had a nice fat contract, how'd that work out for him, you seriously trying to compare a 71 year old to Cal [laughing]

Michigan? [roll] newsflash, they were on the bubble before they lost to UVA & UK, now they're in the NIT bracketology, but then again, you probably think that's success since you're pimpin' Michigan's talent the same as Kentucky's...

My point, genius, is that the level of talent is really not that much better than the level of talent at Michigan. A writer for the Atlantic compiled a list of the top 100 men's college basketball players in America. Kentucky only had 4 players on that list.

Wallace was #8, Oscar #58 and Collins and Livingston were rated in the 90's. In my opinion Collins doesn't belong on the list. Next year, Kentucky will have a team overloaded with talent. That is not the case this year.

Furthermore, if you look at mock drafts, only Wallace and Oscar are projected to be drafted in the 2023 NBA Draft.

My point, genius, is that the level of talent is really not that much better than the level of talent at Michigan. A writer for the Atlantic compiled a list of the top 100 men's college basketball players in America. Kentucky only had 4 players on that list.

Wallace was #8, Oscar #58 and Collins and Livingston were rated in the 90's. In my opinion Collins doesn't belong on the list. Next year, Kentucky will have a team overloaded with talent. That is not the case this year.

Furthermore, if you look at mock drafts, only Wallace and Oscar are projected to be drafted in the 2023 NBA Draft.
So you're saying Michigan is not only a good win but their talent level is equal to ours? Do I really need to look it up and show you? Are you Ed's granddaddy? That's not the Fab Five [laughing]

The only thing equal is Howard's and Calipari's skill as bench coaches...both jokes for P5 schools... ;)

giphy.gif

Me thinks you are arguing with a troll. Nobody could be that simpleminded.

At any point, feel free to click my avatar and put me on ignore...I promise, I won't miss yours or anyone else's puckerings... [laughing]

Let's see...

Allows players to pull splinters out of their ass and collect NIL
In summary: 6 great years and 7 mediocre to bad years.Cal’s tenures has been hit-or-miss, with no hits since 2017.

So you're saying Michigan is not only a good win but their talent level is equal to ours? Do I really need to look it up and show you? Are you Ed's granddaddy? That's not the Fab Five [laughing]

The only thing equal is Howard's and Calipari's skill as bench coaches...both jokes for P5 schools... ;)

giphy.gif
I was wrong about the talent on paper. Kentucky is more talented. Michigan did make it to the Sweet 16 last year. Kentucky still is not overwhelmingly more talented. Michigan almost beat the 3rd ranked team in the country this year. They are not a bad team. Kentucky's victory over them is a good victory.

I was wrong about the talent on paper. Kentucky is more talented. Michigan did make it to the Sweet 16 last year. Kentucky still is not overwhelmingly more talented. Michigan almost beat the 3rd ranked team in the country this year. They are not a bad team. Kentucky's victory over them is a good victory.
Yeah and last year we almost beat Saint Peters...but close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades.

I never said they were a bad team, I said they weren't that good and were pedestrian...now they're not even
projected to make the tournament, so if that holds, and based on their schedule, I believe it will, the only benefit we get is a win on a neutral court against a team on the outside lookin' in.

Quit reading it Einstein. It’s not going to stop. Get laid or something.

I remember you going through that last year I believe. I do understand and I respect your choice.

My great grandparents, grandparents also listened/watched every game. My dad played baseball at Uk early to mid sixties and was and remains friends with several of UK basketball players. It's all I have ever known. I was sincere that I hate to hear it, but I don't feel sorry for you, if that makes sense.
It does.

I'm far from a grandpa (only 49 and kids are still in elementary and high school), but I can admit being guilty of the "addiction" that's instant gratification. I guess I'm just coming into my own finally and realizing there are more important things in life than "hurry up and get me results, no matter the cost to you or your family!".

Granted, I'm a bit sour on the corporate world as well having been sucked into layoffs three times over the last 8 years, so there's that....
I'm only 51 and I am right there with you. Corporations will bring about the apocalypse sooner or later

Reactions: TheDude73
In summary: 6 great years and 7 mediocre to bad years.Cal’s tenures has been hit-or-miss, with no hits since 2017.
Kentucky made it to the Sweet 16 in 2018 and the Elite 8 in 2019. Those wins represent success. Two bad years does not mean his tenure is hit-or-miss, especially when you compare his record to the record of other coaches.

Kentucky made it to the Sweet 16 in 2018 and the Elite 8 in 2019. Those wins represent success. Two bad years does not mean his tenure is hit-or-miss, especially when you compare his record to the record of other coaches.
And proceeded to lose to Bruce Webber and Pearl respectively...let me guess, both are elite coaches and by golly close is good enough...

lol. I feel sorry for regular students trying to find a way to pay tuition, Hoping to get a good enough job to pay off student loans. As an armchair coach, I don’t feel nothing for scholarship athletes. Good for them, they’re gifted. But, it ends there

Like you give a hot bucket of hamster vomit about someone else's mental health. Your only purpose here is to protect and propagandize for your hero.

ADVERTISEMENT