ADVERTISEMENT

Looking at the schedule, I just don’t see how we make the tournament.

Extremely optimistic indeed.
First things first, has this team given anybody an impression that they can win on the road? So here is an absolute worse case scenario.

At Tennessee L 10-7
Georgia W 11-7
Texas A&M L 11-8
At Vanderbilt L 11-9
Kansas L 11-10
At Mississippi W 12-10
Florida W 13-10
Arkansas L 13-11
At Georgia W 14-11
At Mississippi State L 14-12
Tennessee L 14-13
At Florida L 14-14
Auburn L 14-15
Vanderbilt W 15-15
At Arkansas L 15-16

Wow 15-16? I hope not, but I think we are going to be close to that. Unless something dramatically changes, but this looks to me like the Askew-Boston team. Just don't see the weapons or coaching available to make a huge difference.

Could not agree more. The Jayhawk fan is trying way too hard... I wanted to reply with a post similar to yours. However, the hypothetical posted is a really interesting question.
I am past the point that Cal should go... I don't think the promise of next year's class should save him... nor do i think that beating any particular team this year should allow him to stay. We need to move on and not have these same discussions every year.
As for Kansas fans on here... they are feeling good now, but their current lofty perch is tenuous at best. Their luck factor has been through the roof and they have no length. They will get no easy games in the Big12 this year, and Iowa State is very likely to knock them off this weekend... then Kansas State on Monday... TCU, Baylor, etc... better to stay humble, than come here and post, only to disappear when it goes south.
I give us at least an even shot (or a slight advantage) to beat them in Rupp... we have the talent and our kids will be energized. Regardless, Cal has lost all credibility and should step down, history will be much more kind to him if he does.
Yeah, the last thing KU fans should have wanted to see, is UK lose to South Carolina like that. That loss set off all the alarms.

If Cal has anything left in the tank, KU will see a completely different UK team when they come to town.

Reactions: rabbitTown
Yeah, the last thing KU fans should have wanted to see, is UK lose to South Carolina like that. That loss set off all the alarms.

If Cal has anything left in the tank, KU will see a completely different UK team when they come to town.
opps!

Plenty of time to improve our chances, but also plenty of time to throw our bid away.

Extremely optimistic indeed.
First things first, has this team given anybody an impression that they can win on the road? So here is an absolute worse case scenario.

At Tennessee L 10-7
Georgia W 11-7
Texas A&M L 11-8
At Vanderbilt L 11-9
Kansas L 11-10
At Mississippi W 12-10
Florida W 13-10
Arkansas L 13-11
At Georgia W 14-11
At Mississippi State L 14-12
Tennessee L 14-13
At Florida L 14-14
Auburn L 14-15
Vanderbilt W 15-15
At Arkansas L 15-16

Wow 15-16? I hope not, but I think we are going to be close to that. Unless something dramatically changes, but this looks to me like the Askew-Boston team. Just don't see the weapons or coaching available to make a huge difference.

lol smh

ADVERTISEMENT