ADVERTISEMENT

Lonzo Ball

Honestly, why do you have such hatred for him? This started off as a "LOL what a bust" thread. Now, he's overhyped.

You say he was hyped more than Wall--but Wall was the next big thing. Ball wasn't the #1 player in his class. He wasn't the #1 pick in the draft. I don't see how he was more hyped than Wall.

Do you hate Wiggins? He was hyped.
Greg Oden?

Wiggins is not a factor for me. But he never lived up to the hype either and has that same "rather be bowling" look going on. He was supposed to be the next LBJ, I remember sports illustrated and ESPN telling me that.

Maybe Ball was't hyped as much as Wall by some, but by ESPN he absolutely was. Every time he took the court against Fox it was all about Ball. I watched UCLA some last year, it was every game, absolute slob fest. ESPN made it worse.

What's funny about Greg Oden is I actually said he'd be a bust on this board back in 2007. Some might not believe that but I used to say it a lot, online and to friends.

When I use the word hate, I mean sports hate, not hate hate.

He seems quiet and humble - especially considering who his dad is. He is actually a fun player to watch with a unique skill set and looks to me to be a pass first, team guy.

Unfortunately for him, he has the douche of the century for a father and is guilty by association. Life is not fair.
He was taunting the crowd in Rupp.

"I know everybody is going to say everything game by game, so if I play bad on Sunday, it is going to go right back to he's a bust. It doesn't matter to me, I just come out and play as hard as I can to get my team wins."

Reactions: morgousky
I do not let my hate for college teams effect how i judge players in the NBA. Ball and Ingram will be very good players for many years. People saying otherwise is just letting their Duke and UCLA hate cloud judgement. Ball has a double whammy because of UCLA and his idiot dad. Kid is nothing but polite and is a hard working, very humble young man. Unlike his father, he actually puts in work and works on his game, not running his mouth.

Ball was hyped up more than Wall because of how his dad has been behaving . Point guard is the deepest position in the NBA so we will have nights that he struggles but I think he is going to be a very good PG in the nba .

Speaking of LA I know it’s early but Julius Randle minutes have decreased significantly. Hate that for him.

Ball was hyped up more than Wall because of how his dad has been behaving . Point guard is the deepest position in the NBA so we will have nights that he struggles but I think he is going to be a very good PG in the nba .

Speaking of LA I know it’s early but Julius Randle minutes have decreased significantly. Hate that for him.

Randle seems to be in Walton’s doghouse.

I wish they would trade him sooner rather than later. Would hate to see him spend his contract year sitting on the bench.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Read a article where some talking heads feel Randle will not be resigned in LA. Look for a lot of trade rumors involving Randle as the year goes on.

Read a article where some talking heads feel Randle will not be resigned in LA. Look for a lot of trade rumors involving Randle as the year goes on.

The only way he's re-signed is if he's both 1) still on the roster at season's end (looking less likely by the day), and 2) the Lakers strike out in free agency (a possibility).

What the Lakers are doing with him right now is sort of bad form. What's funny, is there is a rumor that the agent for Paul George/D'Angelo Russell/Julius Randle, actually doesn't get along with Rob Pelinka, and one source has speculated that the Lakers tampering troubles over the summer were due, in part, to the agent tipping off someone about Pelinka's contact wiht George.

I'm a little concerned that the Lakers FO is so arrogant and inexperienced that it believes that they can trade players for pennies on the dollar and still expect stars to come walking in next summer to fill out cap room. It might work, because the young talent (Namely Ball), is better than what they've had. But, trashing some of these young guys (Russell, Randle), may come back and bite them with agents.

IMO, Julius would be at his best playing alongisde Lopez, but he's not getting the chance (and it doesn't appear as if he will, at least not until Nance's Crohn's flares up again).

Reactions: Aike
I didn't read all 6 pages yet but I'll say this. He's public enemy number 3 on this board after Louisville and puke. That said, I think he gets a bad rep based solely on his father. Don't get I dislike him but their are far greater players like Gayson Allen I hate more. Problem is when you hear lonzo you think lavar so nobody has any respect for him based on the way his dad is.

Reactions: BBUK
Randle seems to be in Walton’s doghouse.

I wish they would trade him sooner rather than later. Would hate to see him spend his contract year sitting on the bench.
Yeah I think they will trade him . Walton is high on Nance and the rookie Kuzma has been playing very good . Sucks for Randle because he really worked hard this offseason .

I think a change of scenery will do him wonders just like I think it will for Dangelo Russell in Brooklyn

Reactions: UKUGA
So do you think Pat Bev is better than Eric Bledsoe ?
the Suns' defense is abysmal. I am not sure if they ever work on D in practice.
I like Earl and I think he would be very good college coach and may some day be a good NBA coach, but at the moment...
I don't think Bledsoe ends the season on the Suns and there is a good chance, neither does coach Earl.
side note...got to meet Booker last week... great guy. Great ambassador for the Suns and UK

He's gonna average 16, 7, and 9 his rookie year and people are gonna say he's shit because is last name is Ball and he plays for the Lakers.

I'll take him on my team.

the Suns' defense is abysmal. I am not sure if they ever work on D in practice.
I like Earl and I think he would be very good college coach and may some day be a good NBA coach, but at the moment...
I don't think Bledsoe ends the season on the Suns and there is a good chance, neither does coach Earl.
side note...got to meet Booker last week... great guy. Great ambassador for the Suns and UK
Oh now that I agree with in terms of Phoenix D being terrible. I don’t think it’s fair for some to dismiss this kind of game though like some are . I’m sure if Fox had those numbers against Phoenix those same people would be praising him and rightfully so .

Reactions: UKUGA
Kid gets crucified because is father is an idiot, now he’s home schooling the other brother, no distractions he says, okay

I do not let my hate for college teams effect how i judge players in the NBA. Ball and Ingram will be very good players for many years. People saying otherwise is just letting their Duke and UCLA hate cloud judgement. Ball has a double whammy because of UCLA and his idiot dad. Kid is nothing but polite and is a hard working, very humble young man. Unlike his father, he actually puts in work and works on his game, not running his mouth.

And you know all this how? You state it so authoritatively....

Fox had 9 pts and 10 dimes last night...almost a double-double..And the Kings won..

Lonzo had 29pts 9 assists and 11 boards last night, almost a triple double.. I am not a fan of his, but that's pretty good for the 2nd game of his career..

And you know all this how? You state it so authoritatively....

I say it as about as sure as you say he is a bad kid because his dad is a ass.

I am just not going to judge the kid based on the actions of his dad. On the court, or off it.

I am just not going to judge the kid based on the actions of his dad. On the court, or off it.

You stated a lot more than that.

And please show me what I stated. Sure is easy to lump many together to promote dislike or an agenda...

Is Ball NBA GOOD? For certain.
GREAT? No way.
His legacy will be defined by his teammates, not his abilities.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
New team, same mediocre play. He just got benched by the Pelicans who have the 4th worst record in the league.
You seriously need help with this.

You hate the Ball family. You revel in any failure they experience. We get it.

You seriously need help with this.

You hate the Ball family. You revel in any failure they experience. We get it.
Need help because I cheer against someone in sports? Nah, I'm good. Just a FYI but I revel in the failure of all the teams and players I dont like in sports. Maybe toughen up and get over it.

BTW, just because I think the Ball brothers are overrated, overhyped, and think they play losing basketball doesn't mean I hate their family. I just think they suck relative to the hype they receive. You seem to be the one with the weird Ball family obsession.

Need help because I cheer against someone in sports? Nah, I'm good. Just a FYI but I revel in the failure of all the teams and players I dont like in sports. Maybe toughen up and get over it.

BTW, just because I think the Ball brothers are overrated, overhyped, and think they play losing basketball doesn't mean I hate their family. I just think they suck relative to the hype they receive. You seem to be the one with the weird Ball family obsession.
Yeah. I'm the one hunting down 2 year old threads about them.

Oh, wait...not.

You're the one crying because someone gave their opinion on Lonzo Ball. Toughen up softie, you're embarrassing yourself.
Uhh, no, I'm criticizing your obsessive hatred of him and his family.

Who needs to toughen up in this equation?

Uhh, no, I'm criticizing your obsessive hatred of him and his family.

Who needs to toughen up in this equation?
You do, you keep whining because I think Lonzo Ball is a bust. You call it obsessive hatred because you can't deny the facts in the matter. I don't know Lonzo Ball as a person so I have no feelings good or bad towards him, but as a player he hasn't lived up to the hype or draft position. 10 and 5 on 38% shooting is terrible but you can say it's not terrible, its obsessive hatred if it makes you feel better.

ADVERTISEMENT