ADVERTISEMENT

Lonzo Ball

What's likeable about him?

He seems quiet and humble - especially considering who his dad is. He is actually a fun player to watch with a unique skill set and looks to me to be a pass first, team guy.

Unfortunately for him, he has the douche of the century for a father and is guilty by association. Life is not fair.

I'm a Laker fan who wanted Fox. I think Ball can be pretty good, and I hope he will be.

I'm sick to death of Luke Walton and getting there with Magic. Been sick of the Buss family for a while.

I hate both the Celtics and Duke, but I still think Tatum might be pretty good (but I still hate him). In case you wondered how objective I am. I'm basically the most objective it's possible to be. Gimme Ricky P's lie detector if you have any doubt.

I actually don’t know what point you are referring to.

Just that it’s funny that people have seen Ball play for over a year now both college and summer / beginning nba season. He looks unenthusiastic, lacks a good motor, looks scared, and gets bullied on the court by more athletic guards. The few people arguing this turn out to be 4/4 laker fans. But we are the ones who aren’t using logic and objectivity? Add to it you all 4 say you’d have rather had Fox, well you’re all UK fans too. LOL.

Just seemed kind of funny throwing around words like logic and objectivity early on in the thread when that’s the stats.

I'm a Laker fan who wanted Fox. I think Ball can be pretty good, and I hope he will be.

I'm sick to death of Luke Walton and getting there with Magic. Been sick of the Buss family for a while.

I hate both the Celtics and Duke, but I still think Tatum might be pretty good (but I still hate him). In case you wondered how objective I am. I'm basically the most objective it's possible to be. Gimme Ricky P's lie detector if you have any doubt.

No way you hated the Celtics in 97/98

That would mean you out the Lamers ahead of th Cats. Not a good look.

No way you hated the Celtics in 97/98

That would mean you out the Lamers ahead of th Cats. Not a good look.

I've hated them since 1981. Never got to enjoy how good Larry Bird was because I hated him so much. Wasn't quite so objective at age 7.

Reactions: jameslee32
I've hated them since 1981. Never got to enjoy how good Larry Bird was because I hated him so much. Wasn't quite so objective at age 7.

For real? So when it was Rick and a Kentucky roster you hated them?

That’s depressing. I still like the Celtics because of that.

And it’s a much classier organization. :D

“Looks” can be deceiving.

They can, hope not. Won’t deny I hate the Lakers. Can’t stand Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant, Ball etc. Hate LA, hate California, hate UCLA. Hate the Dodgers.

Hard to believe you guys like’m but we’ve all got flaws. I forgot to screw the lug nuts back on a tire one time. Drove off. True story.

For real? So when it was Rick and a Kentucky roster you hated them?

That’s depressing. I still like the Celtics because of that.

And it’s a much classier organization. :D

By that time I was able to compartmentalize - cheer for ex-Cats but still hope their team lost.

#PersonalGrowth

Reactions: morgousky
In 1981, I got a pack of Topps basketball cards at Foodtown. Got a Kareem card.

Was mesmerized reading his stats on the back of the card. Checked out a Kareem book from the school library. Stayed up late and watched him play Tree Rollins on WTBS.

Probably didn't hurt that the Lakers won the Title several months later. I was hooked, and that was that.

35 cents worth of cardboard and a stick of gum. That's how they get ya.

In 1981, I got a pack of Topps basketball cards at Foodtown. Got a Kareem card.

Was mesmerized reading his stats on the back of the card. Checked out a Kareem book from the school library. Stayed up late and watched him play Tree Rollins on WTBS.

Probably didn't hurt that the Lakers won the Title several months later. I was hooked, and that was that.

35 cents worth of cardboard and a stick of gum. That's how they get ya.

Haha that’ll do it. My father was good friends with the owner of my hometown card shop. Remember those?

Me and my friends used to rush to the Hallmark store in our mall to buy upper deck packs praying for a Griffey. (Pre reds). Spend all day trading and arguing. One of my buddies from back then still collects with me, but damnit if he didn’t turn out way more successful, hard to trade with him now.

Now that’s 92-98, not as old as your story.

Reactions: Aike
Against the suns, his current statline is 21 pts 7 reb 7 ast. 28 mins. This is with Bledsoe and Booker guarding him. As a Lakers fan I wanted fox. But now that ball is on the squad I am hoping for the best. We will see.

Against the suns, his current statline is 21 pts 7 reb 7 ast, 8-19 shooting 4-8 from 3. 28 mins. This is with Bledsoe and Booker guarding him. As a Lakers fan I wanted fox. But now that ball is on the squad I am hoping for the best. We will see.

29 points, 11 rebounds, 9 assists.

While you can't call him a hall of famer, can we at least agree that this initial post was a little ridiculous?

There's no such thing as upside. He played poorly so he's bad. Ask anyone in this thread who isn't blinded by Laker fanhood.

Now let's not do straw men you hate those.

People have watched Ball for over a year. He's not looked anywhere near the hype. Some games he's timid and overwhelmed it seems. He's just gotten started in the NBA and he's been the same he was in college. here today, doesn't care tomorrow.

The lakers are done for generations. You've got Kentucky basketball. :cool:

Now let's not do straw men you hate those.

People have watched Ball for over a year. He's not looked anywhere near the hype. Some games he's timid and overwhelmed it seems. He's just gotten started in the NBA and he's been the same he was in college. here today, doesn't care tomorrow.

The lakers are done for generations. You've got Kentucky basketball. :cool:

Which games were those?

I dont know how you conclude he doesn't care.

I'm not saying the kid is the next Magic, but to say he won't live up to the hype after 1 bad game, and the few times you saw him in college?

His biggest sin has been playing UK twice. Cut him some slack.

Reactions: UKUGA
Slow ass small forward who can pass but watch stud point guards tear him up....he just isn’t a elite athlete

Which games were those?

Just games, from before. I don't which ones exactly, I watched UCLA 6 or 7 times last year.

Like against Fox for example.

Last night.... looked that same, scared, timid, owned, ready to go home and shop amazon sort of way.

I don't see a killer in him. But I'm not paid to evaluate, I can only go by my experiences. I've seen and played with / coached guys that have that same demeanor. Sometimes it's nothing but their personality, other times it's because they really don't care.

All jokes aside (my posting has mainly been satire in this thread), I don't think anyone knows at all. I hope he sucks and keeps the Lakers down for a decade. So I'm hoping what I think I see is real. I think his lack of athleticism stops him from living to the hype.

Ball has had MORE hype than all of them.

That's one of the problems. When you're hyped above Wall, you better bring it somewhere close.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I dont know how you conclude he doesn't care.

I'm not saying the kid is the next Magic, but to say he won't live up to the hype after 1 bad game, and the few times you saw him in college?

His biggest sin has been playing UK twice. Cut him some slack.

He's a Ball, UCLA player, Laker.......

will cut him no Fred Slacks.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
He's a Ball, UCLA player, Laker.......

will cut him no Fred Slacks.

Honestly, why do you have such hatred for him? This started off as a "LOL what a bust" thread. Now, he's overhyped.

You say he was hyped more than Wall--but Wall was the next big thing. Ball wasn't the #1 player in his class. He wasn't the #1 pick in the draft. I don't see how he was more hyped than Wall.

Do you hate Wiggins? He was hyped.
Greg Oden?

ADVERTISEMENT