ADVERTISEMENT

London

The media optics of youtubers finding the body aren't great but it shouldn't be glossed over that KSP troopers were with the McCoys when they found the body. It isn't like they were too stupid to know to look for where the vultures were.

The McCoy lady found the body while everyone was out there in the general vicinity searching. Btw, if you've ever been married, I guarantee there's been at least one time when your wife turned the whole house upside down to find one off smell while you stared in disbelief.

Glad they found him. The sheriff said the family had been cooperating. I'm sure there might have been some hope, however faint, that they might have actually found him alive.

The media optics of youtubers finding the body aren't great but it shouldn't be glossed over that KSP troopers were with the McCoys when they found the body. It isn't like they were too stupid to know to look for where the vultures were.

The McCoy lady found the body while everyone was out there in the general vicinity searching. Btw, if you've ever been married, I guarantee there's been at least one time when your wife turned the whole house upside down to find one off smell while you stared in disbelief.

Glad they found him. The sheriff said the family had been cooperating. I'm sure there might have been some hope, however faint, that they might have actually found him alive.

He was basically in the same spot. I see no reasonable explanation for them missing this for so long other than making a false assumption he wouldn't be there so they never looked.

Plus even if they were with the bloggers, they should've never gad to be led there. These leos are from eky. Everyone knows crows and the like circle dead animals. That should've been something they were looking for.

I have alot of respect for the officers on a personal level and know some involved but at the higher levels they should be immensely embarrassed and major questions asked.

How close is the spot they found him to the shooting?

Not sure of exact distance, but it is newr exit 49 which is where he committed the act. Plus a witness statement said he saw the shooter run into the woods right in this vicinity.

Based on decomposition, sounds like he was there the whole time or doubled back shortly after and they just assumed he wouldn't return to the scene.

According to McCoy's interview here at 1:15, he says they originally saw just a handful of buzzards at that spot on Saturday. They noticed the amount of buzzards increased by the day until they found him yesterday.

That's interesting. If the buzzards from Saturday were there because he had just freshly passed, that would mean he likely died that day or the day before (I guess, I am absolutely no expert). If so, that would put him on the run for about a week from the shooting. Who knows where he could have been during that time. (I mean that in a very limited scale. He was almost certainly in that immediate area the whole time but for a whole week, he could have been a lot of places.).

They found a weapon on him. I'm glad he didn't hurt anyone looking for him.

According to McCoy's interview here at 1:15, he says they originally saw just a handful of buzzards at that spot on Saturday. They noticed the amount of buzzards increased by the day until they found him yesterday.

That's interesting. If the buzzards from Saturday were there because he had just freshly passed, that would mean he likely died that day or the day before (I guess, I am absolutely no expert). If so, that would put him on the run for about a week from the shooting. Who knows where he could have been during that time. (I mean that in a very limited scale. He was almost certainly in that immediate area the whole time but for a whole week, he could have been a lot of places.).

They found a weapon on him. I'm glad he didn't hurt anyone looking for him.

Not how i was taught. Carrion dont start circling until something was dead for days. Plus given the body decomposition, he was there much longer.

The only real out they will have is if he was somehow moved there by someone/an accomplice in some sort of sick symbolism. Otherwise there is just no getting around the fact he was there for a good period of time and they just didn't find him.

Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
He was basically in the same spot. I see no reasonable explanation for them missing this for so long other than making a false assumption he wouldn't be there so they never looked.

Plus even if they were with the bloggers, they should've never gad to be led there. These leos are from eky. Everyone knows crows and the like circle dead animals. That should've been something they were looking for.

I have alot of respect for the officers on a personal level and know some involved but at the higher levels they should be immensely embarrassed and major questions asked.
This, They searched 28,000 acres and he was within just a few acres of where he actually committed the crime. Assume this means he never really ran but went a little bit into the woods and ended his own life. more than likely been dead since a little after the shooting stopped.

"We have locked down a 100 mile radius of the suspect. No one will exit and no one is safe."

"Did anyone check where the shooter shot from by a chance?"

"No"

"Sounds good"

This, They searched 28,000 acres and he was within just a few acres of where he actually committed the crime. Assume this means he never really ran but went a little bit into the woods and ended his own life. more than likely been dead since a little after the shooting stopped.

Less than 300 yards. Saw somewhere an estimated 150 yards.

McCoy wasn't just a random dude out on a YouTube scavenger hunt. He's a former Marine and a retired police chief with almost 40 years of law enforcement and investigative experience. It appears that the reward got him motivated to give finding Couch a shot. He was also in that area the previous day and talked with several of the KSP troopers.

I'm guessing that's probably why the KSP didn't run him off when he was back in the area and they all (the McCoys & the KSP) were seeing the buzzards and smelling the stench. You can hear the KSP in the video shortly after he's found.

As to why Couch wasn't previously located with all of the manpower, helicopters, dogs, and other technologies, the forest is thick and Couch's corpse evidently wasn't "ripe" enough. The buzzards found him first, then McCoys, and the KSP had noticed the increasing number of buzzards and investigated the area that the vultures were interested in, and then got close enough for the smell to lead them the rest of the way.

So yeah, the McCoys found him first, but the KSP wasn't completely oblivious. I'm glad he's found and the community can relax. I do feel bad for the family because I've been told they're a solid group. I can't imagine if that was your son or sibling or father.

McCoy wasn't just a random dude out on a YouTube scavenger hunt. He's a former Marine and a retired police chief with almost 40 years of law enforcement and investigative experience. It appears that the reward got him motivated to give finding Couch a shot. He was also in that area the previous day and talked with several of the KSP troopers.

I'm guessing that's probably why the KSP didn't run him off when he was back in the area and they all (the McCoys & the KSP) were seeing the buzzards and smelling the stench. You can hear the KSP in the video shortly after he's found.

As to why Couch wasn't previously located with all of the manpower, helicopters, dogs, and other technologies, the forest is thick and Couch's corpse evidently wasn't "ripe" enough. The buzzards found him first, then McCoys, and the KSP had noticed the increasing number of buzzards and investigated the area that the vultures were interested in, and then got close enough for the smell to lead them the rest of the way.

So yeah, the McCoys found him first, but the KSP wasn't completely oblivious. I'm glad he's found and the community can relax. I do feel bad for the family because I've been told they're a solid group. I can't imagine if that was your son or sibling or father.

Howd they miss his body the first presumably several times considering he was so close to his last sighting?

If they started noticing carrion circling in that same area, why not go through the area with a fine tooth comb?

If ksp knew where the body was, why did the bloggers clearly find it on their own? I say clearly because its all on video.

During these two weeks when kids weren't in school and businesses were losing massive money, how many speeding tickets were written near that part of the state? I guarantee they were set up in all their usual speed trap locations in berea, Richmond, and Frankfort.

Fyi this isnt an attack on you the poster. Im just pointing put the ksp story is obviously false garbage to make up for their embarrassment of not finding someone who was basically right where they were told.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Not how i was taught. Carrion dont start circling until something was dead for days. Plus given the body decomposition, he was there much longer.

The only real out they will have is if he was somehow moved there by someone/an accomplice in some sort of sick symbolism. Otherwise there is just no getting around the fact he was there for a good period of time and they just didn't find him.
Yeah, it takes several days to a week or more depending on temps. If you have hunted and field dressed anything you know that coyote, fox, etc get to remains before vultures. I think it’s much more logical he killed himself almost immediately after the shooting rather than it being within a couple of days of him being found. Regardless, glad they found him. London needed to rest peacefully.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT