ADVERTISEMENT

Livingston…why no second half minutes

He’s one of the best 6 and Cal buried him on bench in second half
We lost this game because we saw too much of him in the first half. Livingston isn't UK caliber and should never have come here. I notice that some laugh at my comments, but other than some open layups or dunks, what has he done offensively that justifies his minutes instead of Adou? He is averaging a lousy 5.3 points per game.

Last edited:
He had 8 points in 17 minutes and played with some swagger.
Those 8 points were layups and dunks. Once they realized that Cal had no shooters on the floor, they simply sagged in on Oscar and the first half became a waste of time. Livingston can't throw a ball into the ocean with one foot in the water. Some may think I am being too harsh on him, but if it is ok to question Wheeler performance it should be ok to Livingston. Livingston has been given enough court time for us to start seeing some real improvement which I haven't seen. If all his scoring comes from the inside, he is only getting in the way of Oscar. He needs to be able to hit the open 15-footer.

Last edited:
i figured cal played wheeler extended first half minutes to save frederick and wallace, who at least held their own defensively. boy i was way off. come on cal. we tested wheeler in the first half too long as it was. to come in at crunch time for wallace, at first, is insane. frederick came in too late along with livingston.

I can't believe that the very people who can clearly see that Wheeler is overmatched can't see that when Livingston is on the floor, we are playing with only 4 players on the offensive end of the court.

We are much better playing small ball with CJ, Reeves, and Wallace than putting Livingston in the game.
With two shooters on the court, it is very difficult to double or triple Oscar. The thing that made this so bad is that KU was undersized which should have made things very easy for Oscar.

Last edited:
We also got caught up in playing too fast. Our success during the past few games came from playing slow and control basketball.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I can't believe that the very people who can clearly see that Wheeler is overmatched can't see that when Livingston is on the floor, we are playing with only 4 players on the offensive end of the court.
We probably only have 4 offensive players on the entire roster, period.

We probably only have 4 offensive players on the entire roster, period.
You are probably right and none are named Livingston. This is another game when Adou should have gotten some of Livingston's minutes.

Last edited:
He got some open lanes to the basket for some layups and dunks. How many times has that happen this season? Rarely. He doesn't shoot well enough to play the 2 or 3 and he isn't big enough to play the 4. He is only playing because Cal made promises to Livingston's handlers.

Last edited:
He got some open lanes to the basket for some layups and dunks. How many times has that happen this season? Rarely. He doesn't shoot well enough to play the 2 or 3 and he isn't big enough to play the 4. He is only playing because Cal made promises to Livingston handlers.
We probably have two players that shouldn’t see anything but mop up minutes, and their last name is not Livingston. Not going to name any names because I don’t believe in bashing our players on a message board. If Livingston stays 2 or 3 years he will be a great asset to our program.

Cal just said he should have played livingston more in the 2nd half. I thought he didnt play at all as the box score I see says DNP in the 2nd half...... so yeah, playing him 10 seconds would have been playing him more.

seriously, this is like the what.. 10th time this has happened with a player? Someone at UK , do something about UK , he's losing his mental faculties. there's no other explanation

Yup you’re the only one. Kid played fantastic first half.
You were obviously watching a different game. He did nothing special but hit the layups that KU gave him until they decided to close the lane. There is a reason we made a comeback in the second half with Wheeler and Livingston on the bench.

We probably have two players that shouldn’t see anything but mop up minutes, and their last name is not Livingston. Not going to name any names because I don’t believe in bashing our players on a message board. If Livingston stays 2 or 3 years he will be a great asset to our program.
Tell me what you think Livingston has done well this year.

ADVERTISEMENT