ADVERTISEMENT

Little brother still crying over the loss of Jurich

Circular_Firing_Squad.jpg

He had a win at all cost approach and it brought corruption, therefore he was corrupt and Louisville is paying for it now and will be for a long time.If their fans want that then no punishment is enough and what they get is good enough for them.

Red Pigeon fans complaining that attendance at the Chicken Bucket is down because Jurich/Pitino not there anymore is insane. Maybe it's because some fans are fed up with the athletic department just turning the other way for years and allowing the rampant scandals and cheating to go on is a valid reason.

Maybe if they start taking food stamps to pay for tickets and giving out bus vouchers for TARC rides will allow them to bring more fans to the games.

It should be very telling to them that he’s been gone for well over a year and hasn’t had a sniff from any school yet.

Those implying in that thread that empty seats are to protest U of L leadership...Eh, not a great idea unless you have a very serious gripe and you’re communicating it clearly. Otherwise, this is when the university needs fans in seats the most.

Bad attendance now just confirms to outsiders that the fervor behind the program was but a flash in the pan. I was very proud when we continued to sell out under our down years in the late 2000s. Plus, I got lots of cheap tickets :p

I feel ashamed at myself.
Tried to go there and read what was said and the screen popped up and said I was banned.
I got banned for calling out some idiots and yet they support whores, strippers, drug pushers, dope heads, assaults, rule breakers, rapists, underage sex, liars, and much more.
Damn, they sure need to get their priorities in order.

I didn't read the thread over there but I would think they would all be pretty darn happy with how the Birds are playing so far. They aren't the steaming pile of [poop] I thought they might be...the team that is.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
Red Pigeon fans complaining that attendance at the Chicken Bucket is down because Jurich/Pitino not there anymore is insane. Maybe it's because some fans are fed up with the athletic department just turning the other way for years and allowing the rampant scandals and cheating to go on is a valid reason.

Maybe if they start taking food stamps to pay for tickets and giving out bus vouchers for TARC rides will allow them to bring more fans to the games.
Did the financial arrangements written into the contract for the bucket ever get rewritten or are the citizens of Louisville still getting the shaft (with the state of Kentucky not far behind)?

Did the financial arrangements written into the contract for the bucket ever get rewritten or are the citizens of Louisville still getting the shaft (with the state of Kentucky not far behind)?
Had someone on here state that while it’s marginally better by a few million UofL still has the sweetheart of all deals/YUM Center in the whole of the USA.... So yes the taxpayer and anyone attending events there/YUM are subsidizing UofL athletics.

Brainfart hasn't lost 7,000 fans from the average basketball game. Our guy's in a lifeboat...

The only "our guy" is the U6 fans that stopped supporting their program. It's not like the last few years of being in the news has wanted people to "throw their L's up". They've looked stupid. Even other cheating teams can still look at them like, "Lol... at least that wasn't us." Mitch Barnfart... err... Barnhart has NOTHING to do with their dumpster fire. They created that monster on their own.

The fact that KerryRhodes and Zipp disagree with each other just shows dysfunction within the dysfunctional fanbase. I'm happy with this. [smoke]

Last edited:
All you need to know about that thread is that zipp is the one driving it. He's attemtping to argue that Tyra being the AD is the reason people aren't coming to Louisville football and basketball games.

The illogical and "head in the sand" part of this is that he refuses to acknowledge the effect all the scandals have had or the effect having a garbage football team and a good but not great men's basketball team has had. Losing to UK on your home floor can't help their attendance, either. Obviously, none of these things are the fault of the AD.

Bottom line: You can't argue with someone who is willingly ignorant.

The illogical and "head in the sand" part of this is that he refuses to acknowledge the effect all the scandals have had or the effect having a garbage football team and a good but not great men's basketball team has had. Losing to UK on your home floor can't help their attendance, either. Obviously, none of these things are the fault of the AD.

Great point. I think attendance has been down nationwide, but at Louisville, it's likely exacerbated with all embarassing scandals. I know my UL friends rarely talk basketball anymore.

My guess is things will tick up for them once Mack gets his own recruits in. They should be quite good next year with 4 starters returning in all likelihood and 5 new 4-star recruits to develop. On paper, they look like the 2nd best team in the ACC next year behind Virginia.

Great point. I think attendance has been down nationwide, but at Louisville, it's likely exacerbated with all embarassing scandals. I know my UL friends rarely talk basketball anymore.

My guess is things will tick up for them once Mack gets his own recruits in. They should be quite good next year with 4 starters returning in all likelihood and 5 new 4-star recruits to develop. On paper, they look like the 2nd best team in the ACC next year behind Virginia.

Not sure what paper you are looking at....

Reactions: Cindog28
ADVERTISEMENT