ADVERTISEMENT

List of Coaches to Replace Cal.

Would anyone on this board want Bill Self? Yes or no. I don’t want to hear that Mitch would never offer blah blah blah. Yes or no only.

Just put up a help wanted sign in front of the Craft center. The line will go halfway around New Circle Rd. Choose wisely.

I'll take anyone else at this point! This mini-streak over weak teams (save UT) is pyrite!

I’d just like to point out supposed Mitch upper level choice Chris Holtman has the Buckeyes sitting at 12th in the big ten. He’s not ready by any means Mitch.

Know nothing will be done soon as CCC will be allowed to coach next year. My choice is Frank Vogel.

I do not want Oats! Their “offense” is very simple. Ball is brought into the front court, player dribbles, weaves back and forth still dribbling while his 4 teammates stand watching outside the 3 point line. Dribble, dribble, dribble and only pass when necessary. Little passing or ball movement does not constitute an offense. They do play hard and pound the boards. Predict they will be bounced early in NCAA tournament

Know nothing will be done soon as CCC will be allowed to coach next year. My choice is Frank Vogel.

I do not want Oats! Their offense is very simple. Ball is brought into the front court, player dribbles, weaves back and forth still dribbling while his 4 teammates stand watching outside the 3 point line. Dribble, dribble, dribble and only pass when necessary. They do play defense and pound the boards. Predict they will be bounced early in NCAA tournament
It worked against us.

It worked against us.
Yes, they beat us and have a great record this year.
Just don’t think their style is conducive to consistent play from game to game. They had a lot of roster turnover last year and that will be repeated after this season. Oat’s system, while somewhat different from CCC, will require great talent to be successful.

Yes, they beat us and have a great record this year.
Just don’t think their style is conducive to consistent play from game to game. They had a lot of roster turnover last year and that will be repeated after this season. Oat’s system, while somewhat different from CCC, will require great talent to be successful.
You might be right, because they are certainly struggling today. However, it looks like several top ranked teams are having a difficult day. If the trend continues, it will be good for UK.

The fact that some of you list Scott Drew tells me you have no clue what you're talking about.

Drew has been past the sw16 3 times in 20 years. Only 1 of those was in the past decade. Are you all going to be good with that kind of record?

Eric Musselman has done nothing. His rise to fame is 2 E8's! He chokes in big games and spends most of the gane flailing on the sidelines like a whiny school girl.

Nate Oats is awful! Full stop!

Chris Beard teams plays a more boring style than Cal. His better teams also underachive often. He's also not leaving TX.

Tommy Lloyd has been a HC all of 1 full season and that was mostly with someone else's team. I also don't see why he would leave Arizona.
Are you seriously suggesting that SOS presents a better look on the bench than Musselman? There is no bigger embarrassment in coaching than SOS. He runs up and down the side-court yelling at the top of his lungs telling his players where to lineup like he was coaching 8-year-olds at the local Boys and Girls Club. There have been times when he actually walked on to the court during timeouts to position a player for defense. When he isn't doing that, he is constantly crying to the refs who hates him more than UK fans. Yelling go, go, go is his offensive instructions which frequently turns into turnovers. When that strategy doesn't work, his recourse is to simply yell out the same instructions even louder.

Let’s keep a running list of coaches we should hire to replace Cal. Every time a coach wins a game against a descent team someone starts a new thread about hiring that coach to replace Cal. I’m not supporting Cal, but it’s really difficult to keep up with the coaches we want to hire. Please use this thread to post the name of who you want to hire to be our new coach. Just keep bumping the thread and by the end of the BB season we will all know who our next coach will be for the 2023-2024 season.
Need 10 people to replace you on this site.

Cal will retire after next year and have brought any UK fan with any class many great memories and they’ll be happy to have gotten them.

But any dork that thinks Tommy Lloyd is the next guy to lead UK is a bumbling idiot that can’t get out of their own way.

PS, heard the Baller has been on the premium site for 3+ years but stops in here for a knee slapper. That’s word on the street!

Drew, Lloyd, Musselman, Donovan (hail mary)
Idk when cal is gonna go. It seemingly like he will be here next year unless the right job pursues him. If cal left say a couple weeks after the tournament I would want to bring in pitino and a package of assistants he can get ready to take over in about 5 years. Rondo Vogel pope you name it. Bring them. This is how you win and restore consistency to the program. It’s a long shot but it’s the only fool proof way to fix uk basketball.

After this scenario it’s like this. No Donovan, Stevens, jay wright then…If nate Oates makes a final four run he goes to the front of the pack with out a doubt. This stuff his program is dealing with is a learning experience. I mean cal had massive baggage coming to Lexington so the moral argument doesn’t really work with oates. He’s young he’s trying to figure it out.

Probably then Drew

Then maybe musselman

After that the availability of coaches that fit falls off the map. Tommy Lloyd? A west coast guy who has been to the ncaa twice and bounced as a second seed? No thank you. I’m not saying if I could snap my finger I’d rather have cal but Lloyd is way down the list.

ADVERTISEMENT