ADVERTISEMENT

List of Coaches to Replace Cal.

don’t know why this keeps popping up but.

Oats is the guy. No On Mussleman. He’s Calipari lite in system approach.

Reactions: EliteBlue
This board should take the reins. Everybody gets the big chair for 1 game. Win, you keep going. Lose a game, next poster up gets their chance.

Do it as a lottery, we'll raise millions.

I can’t stand Oats but if he can take Bama to an overall #1 seed and make a run to the final 4 (tbd), he has to be the guy.

And when I watch Arkansas, I just see the same Issues Calipari has in his approach. I just don’t want mussleman.
Things will be clearer after this tournament. I wouldn’t be surprised if Oates positioned himself to take over. If Cals going one more year oates would probably fit the timeline. Don’t see him leaving for anything open this season.

Things will be clearer after this tournament. I wouldn’t be surprised if Oates positioned himself to take over. If Cals going one more year oates would probably fit the timeline. Don’t see him leaving for anything open this season.

To me the guy is Oats. And the timing might be perfect. He’s aligned to take a blue blood job for sure. It won’t be UNC, Kansas, Duke, UCLA (eh), so Kentucky would be the job.

Also Arizona is covered, he wouldn’t take Uconn, just seems all the programs below he won’t go to either. Boeheim will pick his guy at Syracuse, won’t be there.

I think he stays put too. The gun incident doesn’t bother me when it comes to picking him. Ask long as he’s not implicated and nothing else happens.

One thing he does need to do is speak well of Kentucky and not insult the fans if he thinks he might want to be the coach here. “They’re spoiled” comments is a shot at us in some ways. Can be forgiven, but watch that kind of thing. With his comments about the criminal issues, and those about UK fans when he knows coaching UK is possible, he might not be the best spokesman and that’s an issue too. Guy needs to reset and be more careful.

To me the guy is Oats. And the timing might be perfect. He’s aligned to take a blue blood job for sure. It won’t be UNC, Kansas, Duke, UCLA (eh), so Kentucky would be the job.

Also Arizona is covered, he wouldn’t take Uconn, just seems all the programs below he won’t go to either. Boeheim will pick his guy at Syracuse, won’t be there.

I think he stays put too. The gun incident doesn’t bother me when it comes to picking him. Ask long as he’s not implicated and nothing else happens.

One thing he does need to do is speak well of Kentucky and not insult the fans if he thinks he might want to be the coach here. “They’re spoiled” comments is a shot at us in some ways. Can be forgiven, but watch that kind of thing. With his comments about the criminal issues, and those about UK fans when he knows coaching UK is possible, he might not be the best spokesman and that’s an issue too. Guy needs to reset and be more careful.
By next year you never know. Maybe Oates pulls a billy Donovan. If he’s winning titles at bama he may not leave

Reactions: Gromcat
By next year you never know. Maybe Oates pulls a billy Donovan. If he’s winning titles at bama he may not leave

I just can’t see him staying at Alabama basketball. But I don’t think he wins a title there anyway. We shall see.

I'd say Ark and Bama are about to lock Musselman and Oats down. Look for nice fat contract extensions for both in the not-so-distant future.

10-20 years ago, I'd say yeah, obviously Kentucky and any of the blue bloods could pick who they want from wherever they want. The game has changed though.

Specifically, money and resources. I don't know that top tier coaches are going to chase "blue blood" prestige anymore when they can make close to the same money and have comparable resources where they're at.

Both those guys are already in the best P5 with all its glory and resources...money, tv deals, brand, etc...

Mus is already a top 15 paid coach.

Kind of like we're seeing in football. Kentucky Football is now paying 8+ million a year for a HC and is really spending on facilities. CMS doesn't need to go anywhere. His only options to upgrade are to places that will fire him in 3 years if he doesn't get to the play offs.

Can't even argue access to talent anymore with NIL. With bb all you need is 1 guy... a big roll tide car commercial takes care of that. I'm also not convinced that CBB was ever about who can load up on the most talent as evidenced by all the great teams every year on display in March advancing with minimal to 0 NBA potential talent.

Chris Beard would be my choice, and I think he may end up being the coach here.

Career win-percentage of 70.2 percent, 15th-best among active coaches with 10 or more years of experience
2019 AP National Coach of the Year
Led three different programs to the NCAA Tournament over the previous eight years
Undefeated in the opening round at 5-0
His all-time record in the NCAA Tournament is 11-5 (.688)
Made it to 2019 National Championship game with Texas Tech.
He is a four time conference coach of the year recipient
High-level recruiter
Led Texas to #2 in the nation before the accusations against him
Led Ole Miss to 8 more wins than 2022-23
Won first 13 games of 2023-24

Scott Drew might be able to keep his recruits and some of UK's recruits. Drew also may be able to sway Reed. Long-term, Beard would be a better hire.

This board should take the reins. Everybody gets the big chair for 1 game. Win, you keep going. Lose a game, next poster up gets their chance.

Do it as a lottery, we'll raise millions.
I love this plan. I call the Arkansas game. I would play a zone on defense. On offense I would plan to get trapped under the basket and bounce it off an Arkansas player so I can run an out of bounds play from under the basket. Wide open dunk every time.

Reactions: NC Weasel
ADVERTISEMENT