ADVERTISEMENT

Lindy's preseason mag picks UK as the 6th best LB unit in the nation.

Yes, Jauk11, I remember the old days when various positions had only enough bodies to fill the minimum number of slots, and the o-line wore green jerseys in the spring game, and played both ways.

I remember numerous seasons when we recruited/signed the max, and only had 65 to 70 scholarship players eight months later.

I remember when we signed a true stud like Couch or Dennis Johnson, that all of us hoped and prayed that ONE stud could make us competitive.

I remember DECADES where the only top notch recruits we did sign were from the state of Kentucky, and they were pretty lonely in talent level upon arrival.

I remember that in even decent seasons, such as 2007, a defensive lineman had to switch, mid-season, to the other side of the ball, and then started the next game, because there was no one else to man the position (and it worked).

Now we see former four star recruits looking for a home in the off season, and the first question that arises is "how would we make room for him?"

We've had a few transfers that would have been contributors and even starters in most of the last 70 years of Kentucky football.

And we've had kids who make up their own recruiting profiles, fraudulently, who include us with the Bama's of the world, to impress their friends. (I wonder if Russia is behind some of this).

Times they are a' changing, my friend.

I was at UK when Bradshaw had the "Thin Thirty", we reached the top ten but it was all over when Norton got hurt and our starting DB had to play QB. I watched the freshman team beat Thug U's freshmen team 73-0. Frank Antonini was a beast, and I thought we were going places, but Bradshaw ran so many players off that those freshmen never beat them again in their time at UK. I was going with a girl that knew some of the Rock Hudson things going on, but had trouble believing them.

Reactions: EliteBlue
Mike Edwards says hello.

Really think Edwards will be our highest draft pick when he comes out.

That will be tough to do since Tim Couch was the #1 overall pick and Dwayne Robertson was Round 1, pick 4. Now if you're just talking about during the Stoops era, he'd have to beat Bud at Round 1, pick 22 and typically only one or two safeties go earlier than that.

That will be tough to do since Tim Couch was the #1 overall pick and Dwayne Robertson was Round 1, pick 4. Now if you're just talking about during the Stoops era, he'd have to beat Bud at Round 1, pick 22 and typically only one or two safeties go earlier than that.

I was referring to the people on the roster now.

To be fair he is a good cover guy never a great cover guy, he was remember for the int that sealed the win against USC his frosh year, His size helped make the play but it was a poorly thrown ball because the guy was open. But making plays when it counts determines outcomes and he made a great game winning int.. Now UK could have won the game without the int, but that slammed the door. It was a huge play.

Wouldn't you say that the majority of interceptions are made because of bad throws? But in the end, those bad throws still have to be caught by the defense to be interceptions.

Wouldn't you say that the majority of interceptions are made because of bad throws? But in the end, those bad throws still have to be caught by the defense to be interceptions.

And a lot of interceptions are caused y a good pass rush and tight coverage.

Reactions: optimus-blue

Some are bad throws, some are good plays by the defender, but you are correct the defender has to make the catch. That particular one was a pretty bad throw by the qb, way underthrown because the receiver was open behind him. But the DL had good pressure and forced the bad throw.

ADVERTISEMENT