ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty 22 Troy 16 final

I have been on this board a long time. It’s pretty easy to see the motive. Otherwise why would he disparage one of our own who has nothing to do with our current situation?

We should all be happy for Neal. He’s a good guy who is proving to be a damn good head coach.

No problem with Neal's success, hope he continues to grow and becomes a great coach for us someday. Just pointing out what looked like another sly dig at Stoops.

I’m sure that losing to Liberty will make Neal Brown a much better coach in the long run just like losing to WKU had to be of help to Coach Stoops and his development. You just can’t overlook any opponent regardless of size, conference, or church affiliation.

I’m a big Neal Brown fan! Keeping a watchful eye on his career. Wouldn’t surprise me to see him in at UK again one day.

App State (division 1AA) beat a Michigan team that finished 9-4 and was ranked 18. Doesn’t mean anything.
Actually, that Appalachian State win is considered one of the most astonishing wins in the history of college football and will never be forgotten. I assure you that Michigan fans will never forget it.

Reactions: Chuckinden
Do you take joy when one of our own does poorly ?
Nope. I hope Neal Brown goes 12-0. But I knew if I made that post, some of those who have relentlessly criticized Stoops and Gran for the struggles offensively at A&M, would blindly come to the defense of Brown who scored 16 points in a loss to Liberty. The same Liberty team which has given up 49, 38, 47 and 43 in games this year. And on cue, like rats who can’t resist the cheese in the trap, some made their appearance in the thread. It’s hilarious. [laughing]

Actually, that Appalachian State win is considered one of the most astonishing wins in the history of college football and will never be forgotten. I assure you that Michigan fans will never forget it.
I’m sure that’s the case. But it had more to do with failure of Michigan taking the game seriously than App State being the better team. The same with Troy and LSU. Or the same with the Citadel and South Carolina.

Not sure why some folks are such Stoops fan boys they feel they have take shots at former UK guys to show how good their lord and savior is.

Brown took Troy to Baton Rouge and beat LSU. He also took Troy to cornhusker land and beat Nebraska.

Yes, he’s taken a few L’s he shouldn’t have but his whole body of work has been great. Not sure why the clown committee needs to try and tear him down to cover for Stoops?
The clown committee is the group of posters that feel they need to promote his candidacy for our job as if it is open, or should be.

Facts without context are useless but keep trying.
It is a fact, and not out of context. I'll keep trying ... to slow down for you ronnie, but IDK if that's possible when you're wasted. Keep up with this comment ... you're assuming too much. I like Neal, for the most part. Facts are still facts, whether you like them or not.

Not sure why some folks are such Stoops fan boys they feel they have take shots at former UK guys to show how good their lord and savior is.

Brown took Troy to Baton Rouge and beat LSU. He also took Troy to cornhusker land and beat Nebraska.

Yes, he’s taken a few L’s he shouldn’t have but his whole body of work has been great. Not sure why the clown committee needs to try and tear him down to cover for Stoops?

"Clown committee". A Zipp wanna be?

Reactions: RonEJones
It is a fact, and not out of context. I'll keep trying ... to slow down for you ronnie, but IDK if that's possible when you're wasted. Keep up with this comment ... you're assuming too much. I like Neal, for the most part. Facts are still facts, whether you like them or not.

No need to get butthurt over a true statement. Selective facts without context makes you look petty. There’s no need for you to degrade one of our own to prop up Stoops and he’d be the first to tell you the same thing.

No need to get butthurt over a true statement. Selective facts without context makes you look petty. There’s no need for you to degrade one of our own to prop up Stoops and he’d be the first to tell you the same thing.
Lol. What a joke. Asking how Brown could lose to Liberty scoring 16 points is “degrading him” while your constant criticism of the UK Coach is legit during a 5-1 start and being ranked. [roll]

Reactions: jauk11
Lol. What a joke. Asking how Brown could lose to Liberty scoring 16 points is “degrading him” while your constant criticism of the UK Coach is legit during a 5-1 start and being ranked. [roll]

Haven’t criticized Stoops one bit since we started winning and looking like a legit team. We need to get the O going If we want a magical season but I’m very impressed with the turnaround and have been proven wrong regarding his ability to coach up a team and produce a big time D.

Not sure if he’s the long term answer but sure hope he is and I can be happy for both Stoops and Brown at the same time.

I'm not butthurt man, I know some ppl have an agenda (Stoops vs Brown or Leach or Petrino, etc). No worries.

I want the best FB team on the field, period. I think we've gone through some "teeth-cutting" with CMS. Hopefully he is the guy and we don't have to do it again for a decade or two.

At any rate, we can def agree that the season is great so far. Let's enjoy it.

I'm not butthurt man, I know some ppl have an agenda (Stoops vs Brown or Leach or Petrino, etc). No worries.

I want the best FB team on the field, period. I think we've gone through some "teeth-cutting" with CMS. Hopefully he is the guy and we don't have to do it again for a decade or two.

At any rate, we can def agree that the season is great so far. Let's enjoy it.

Right on - we are on the same team, brother. Sometimes brothers disagree and fight.

With that said, we are in total agreement. I hope Stoops has got his legs under him and is ready to take this thing as far as it will go.

Love the guy, as a person. I'm ready to love him as a coach.. and he's growing on me. :)

Reactions: Lost In FL
Right on - we are on the same team, brother. Sometimes brothers disagree and fight.

With that said, we are in total agreement. I hope Stoops has got his legs under him and is ready to take this thing as far as it will go.

Love the guy, as a person. I'm ready to love him as a coach.. and he's growing on me. :)
Well said.

BTW, you might want to go to the local CVS and get a cream for that growth. Haha. JK.

Their starting QB was out and they were working in a first time starter. Still...it’s liberty.

It isn't like it is a huge difference than say Kentucky and Western Kentucky. According to sagarin (just using it because it ranks all the teams), the difference between Troy and Liberty is about equal to the difference between Kentucky and Tennessee.

Reactions: Travis Graf
Neal Brown is a good coach. I don't know what his situation is at Troy as far as family, community, happiness, etc. He's making over $800,000 a year with presumably low pressure. He may stay there and coach forever. He may be satisfied to sit and hold out for his dream job.

I'm guilty of throwing bad games by him and Leach out there both in the past for all of the Stoop bashers wishing we had one of those two, or petrino for that matter. I hope the best for Brown and Leach. Bobby, well I hope he just wins enough to keep bringing ul down.

Nope. I hope Neal Brown goes 12-0. But I knew if I made that post, some of those who have relentlessly criticized Stoops and Gran for the struggles offensively at A&M, would blindly come to the defense of Brown who scored 16 points in a loss to Liberty. The same Liberty team which has given up 49, 38, 47 and 43 in games this year. And on cue, like rats who can’t resist the cheese in the trap, some made their appearance in the thread. It’s hilarious. [laughing]
You haven't seen me be very critical of them . I guess I just don't see what starting wars within our fan base accomplishes .

I don’t really like Neal Brown as a head coaching candidate at Kentucky down the road, but I do wish he had come of age as a coordinator a little bit later such that he were here at this point in Stoops’ tenure rather than at the beginning.

But I like Gran, too.

I don’t really like Neal Brown as a head coaching candidate at Kentucky down the road, but I do wish he had come of age as a coordinator a little bit later such that he were here at this point in Stoops’ tenure rather than at the beginning.

But I like Gran, too.
Two words...Texas Tech

ADVERTISEMENT