ADVERTISEMENT

Lexington Legends

BlueWorldOrder74

All-American
Oct 9, 2015
Lexington
I know probably not the right place, but you guys are my only friends…..

anyone been to a Legends game in Lex? If so, can you tell me if it’s a god time? Worth it to take my kid? And as well, best spots to try to get a seat in the stands?

TIA.

anyone been to a Legends game in Lex? If so, can you tell me if it’s a god time? Worth it to take my kid? And as well, best spots to try to get a seat in the stands?

TIA.
Yes, its a blast. You should be able to get seats just about wherever you want for a decent price. I've sat on behind the plate a few rows up and enjoyed that. For an evening game the left side of the stands looking out is nicely shaded.

TIA.

Man it has been forever...probably 2007 or something since I've been. No clue if they still do it but used to do $1 beer and dogs back in the day. Remember it being a good time.

Man it has been forever...probably 2007 or something since I've been. No clue if they still do it but used to do $1 beer and dogs back in the day. Remember it being a good time.
That’s the best thing about minor league games. Dollar beer night! I love going to the Bats games in Louisville. I know so many people who have company tickets. I can always go to a free game and have a blast for cheap. Love games where major leaguers are rehabbing as well. Too bad Cincinnati has such a terrible farm system lately and trades the stars they make.

That’s the best thing about minor league games. Dollar beer night! I love going to the Bats games in Louisville. I know so many people who have company tickets. I can always go to a free game and have a blast for cheap. Love games where major leaguers are rehabbing as well. Too bad Cincinnati has such a terrible farm system lately and trades the stars they make.
The Bats’ field is gorgeous, love going there too.

Hey they have a boat load of young SS's.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Thirsty Thursday is $1 beer night, just make sure you buy from the beer stalls and not the concessions as theirs are usually still full price.

Go to ticket window, ask for Kade, tell him drew_ukfan sent you. He’ll know what it means

True story I live in Charleston WV. Their minor league team was playing Lexington Legends. I drove 3 hours to the game in Lexington. When I got there no one was there. I was wondering wtf was happening.

Then I realized .......the game was in Charleston WV. It was a home game. SMFH lol

True story I live in Charleston WV. Their minor league team was playing Lexington Legends. I drove 3 hours to the game in Lexington. When I got there no one was there. I was wondering wtf was happening.

Then I realized .......the game was in Charleston WV. It was a home game. SMFH lol
Damn.

You obviously DO NOT plan to do something like that ... but once done and finished with beating yourself up, you never forget it and can't stop laughing. Probably more memorable than the game could have ever been. LOL.

You obviously DO NOT plan to do something like that ... but once done and finished with beating yourself up, you never forget it and can't stop laughing. Probably more memorable than the game could have ever been. LOL.

Haha yeah exactly. After spending a good amount of time wondering to myself how the hell did I end up doing that I just made a day out of it in Lexington lol.

Love minor league baseball. Our Indy Indians have a BEAUTIFUL ballpark downtown (right next to the NCAA HQ). It's a shame we're affiliated with the Pirates instead of the Cubs though. Seeing the Savanah Bananas is def on the to do list, and hopely next year.

Bowling Green Hot Rods games are a blast. Wish I would have made it to a game this season, just didn’t take time to. Might try to before the season is over. I would think a Legends game would be just as good. The time spent with your son would probably be…

Legendary!

Also, at Hot Rods games they let the kids run the bases after the game. Not sure the Legends do the same, but probably.

Yeah it's great especially if you have kids as they make the games really fan friendly. Always have things mid inning for the kids . Also very affordable.

Sadly they got rid of a bunch of minor league teams recently. We had three in WV and now two are gone and the other is no longer a minor league affiliate but rather in the independent league.

Passing by the Lexington Legends ballpark on my way to UK games, it seems like a top notch park which is kind of impressive considering I think they used to be a Low A minor league affiliate. Reading up now looks like they moved to the independent league as well.

They have a promo this weekend for half off tickets, any date I believe so long as you buy them by Sunday. $14 for tickets has been too much for me, seeing as they’re semi-pro level now, but I’ll pick a few up at $7 each.

I'm hoping that eventually the Legends can become affiliated again rather than independent. It'd be great if they could be the Reds A affiliate but I've read that travel disqualified that from happening right now. Maybe when MLB expands to 32 teams there will be a few places that have independent clubs that will get a look for affiliation.

ADVERTISEMENT