ADVERTISEMENT

Let's review those media predictions.

Lempface

All-American
Gold Member
Feb 16, 2009
Lexington
https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...ville-basketball-media-predictions/974109001/

Gentry Estes, sports planning editor: I think the Cats will probably have the better team in March, but I'm not sure they do right now. Experience helps the Cards in a close game. Louisville 75, Kentucky 72.

Danielle Lerner, sports enterprise reporter: Neither team has looked particularly strong in the last few weeks. Louisville is prone to shaky starts and the Kentucky's shooting touch is off. Ultimately, though, it will come down to defense — and Kentucky just can't compete with Louisville's shot-blockers. Louisville 77, Kentucky 72.

Jody Demling, CardinalAuthority.com: David Padgett helped Louisville beat Kentucky in a high-scoring game as a senior and leads the Cardinals to a win in his first rivalry game as head coach. Louisville 79, Kentucky 77.

Paul Rogers, Cards radio play-by-play: Snider shoots well from outside. Mahmoud and Spalding combine for seven blocks. Louisville 74, Kentucky 70.

Drew Deener, ESPN-680: For once, Louisville may have as many or more future pros on the court as UK. U of L gets a much-needed nonconference win and David Padgett begins to unite a fractured fan base. Louisville 67, Kentucky 64.

Brian Winner, WAVE-3: At this point in their career, I believe the Cards are a little bit more experienced playing in this electric atmosphere. Louisville 72, Kentucky 64.

Dan Koob WLKY-32: How many points is playing at Rupp worth for Kentucky? Neither team has a signature win and both struggle to close teams out. Going with UofL only because they're older. Louisville 79, Kentucky 77.

Nick Coffey, WKRD-790: Kentucky has a lot of talent, but they're still putting it together. Louisville may not be the better team at the end of the season, but their experience and leadership will give them the slight edge against the Wildcats on Friday. Louisville 78, Kentucky 75.

Howie Lindsey, WKRD-790: Louisville has the edge in experience - like always - but this Louisville team has a better level of athleticism to hang with Kentucky's next-level talent. If Ray Spalding stays on the court, Louisville wins. Louisville 78, Kentucky 76

John Ramsey, WKRD-790: Spalding and Snider understand the importance of this game and rise to the occasion. McMahon exploits UK's perimeter defense. Louisville 78, Kentucky 75.

[roll]

Well, to be fair - it's a who's who of the Minister of Misinformation Academy.

07-minister.jpg

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...ville-basketball-media-predictions/974109001/

Gentry Estes, sports planning editor: I think the Cats will probably have the better team in March, but I'm not sure they do right now. Experience helps the Cards in a close game. Louisville 75, Kentucky 72.

Danielle Lerner, sports enterprise reporter: Neither team has looked particularly strong in the last few weeks. Louisville is prone to shaky starts and the Kentucky's shooting touch is off. Ultimately, though, it will come down to defense — and Kentucky just can't compete with Louisville's shot-blockers. Louisville 77, Kentucky 72.

Jody Demling, CardinalAuthority.com: David Padgett helped Louisville beat Kentucky in a high-scoring game as a senior and leads the Cardinals to a win in his first rivalry game as head coach. Louisville 79, Kentucky 77.

Paul Rogers, Cards radio play-by-play: Snider shoots well from outside. Mahmoud and Spalding combine for seven blocks. Louisville 74, Kentucky 70.

Drew Deener, ESPN-680: For once, Louisville may have as many or more future pros on the court as UK. U of L gets a much-needed nonconference win and David Padgett begins to unite a fractured fan base. Louisville 67, Kentucky 64.

Brian Winner, WAVE-3: At this point in their career, I believe the Cards are a little bit more experienced playing in this electric atmosphere. Louisville 72, Kentucky 64.

Dan Koob WLKY-32: How many points is playing at Rupp worth for Kentucky? Neither team has a signature win and both struggle to close teams out. Going with UofL only because they're older. Louisville 79, Kentucky 77.

Nick Coffey, WKRD-790: Kentucky has a lot of talent, but they're still putting it together. Louisville may not be the better team at the end of the season, but their experience and leadership will give them the slight edge against the Wildcats on Friday. Louisville 78, Kentucky 75.

Howie Lindsey, WKRD-790: Louisville has the edge in experience - like always - but this Louisville team has a better level of athleticism to hang with Kentucky's next-level talent. If Ray Spalding stays on the court, Louisville wins. Louisville 78, Kentucky 76

John Ramsey, WKRD-790: Spalding and Snider understand the importance of this game and rise to the occasion. McMahon exploits UK's perimeter defense. Louisville 78, Kentucky 75.

[roll]

Paul Rogers is likeable. The rest suck.

I didn't see this coming , but the way we were getting to the rim early I knew we would win..

All those comments bring me back to one thing I always say. Every game is a different entity. Only thing that can transfer from one game to another is if a player gets injured. Every game is different.

Reactions: Federal Cat

That is the stupidest, most dumbass thing I have seen today.

[roll]
source.gif

[roll]
Talk about being homers. Geesh.

Reactions: Federal Cat

That is the stupidest, most dumbass thing I have seen today.

You have no idea how dumb this guy is. His hot takes are as cold as ice but instead of owning up, he'll act like he was joking or someone took him out of context.

Reactions: Wall Knight Teague
A bunch of those folks are the type who, like many Louisville fans, refuse to see the truth until they can no longer deny it. So, they lie and predict UofL victories until they can do so no longer.

I will admit this much, though. I thought UK, coming off a loss and playing at home, would win this game, though I didn't expect that kind of blowout. I'm not upset to be wrong about the margin.

[roll]

It gave U6 hope...happy for these predictions for no other reason than this!!!

ADVERTISEMENT