ADVERTISEMENT

Lets go on record.

Trying to view this without bias, this feels like the first time that our fans actually are providing sound reasoning as to why we are going to win.

This game is probably more of a push than any game we've had with Florida in roughly 3 decades.

The home field should be the difference.

Look, Steve Johnson is not a choker. Him, plus our defense should be the difference in a home game under the lights. I mean that.

Go Cats!

It will take a perfect game for the Cats to win. I know it ain't Meyer or Spurrier, but the Gators are a load, and this coaching staff has found some grit in that load.
As bad as I hate it.....Florida by a field goal.

You guys reverse the curse this weekend.

I'm even dusting off my Hair of the Dog music link for the congrats post.

You know I like where we are at, but some keep saying even during their game, that ut and fla are not good teams. I mean I saw some good players on both sides of the ball on both teams. Can we beat them both, sure, but it won't be because they both turned into Kansas. Both of our games will be battles with these guys, you can bet on that.

Reactions: Wvvrn
I was a freshman at U.K. living in Haggin the last time we won. The good Haggin...the classic "Haggin Hotel" where you could enter from anywhere and there was no check-in point and you could have chicks spend the night, pony kegs and...

Sorry, I got lost in my own memories of when life was easy! Yes. We win. Finally.

I may drive up and get a K-Lair chicken and cheese to complete the circle.

I believe this game plays out similar to the South Carolina game. Cats look a little uneasy to start, defense keeps them in it and then they methodically pull away.

Snell and Conrad MVPs on offense. Ware and Edwards on defense.

CATS 27
HATERS 19

I would like to say "yes, this is the year," but decades of referee incompetence and bias for the upper tier teams say, "no way, Jose." Earlier in the week I thought a UK win is on the way and then I remembered our #@*%^&#!@!&^%( $* SEC refs. We'll get no breaks there. Watch how many times they let Florida's Dline line up in the neutral zone and they can't find their flags. Gators put on a clinic on how to get away with holding on both sides of the line.
Fla 27 to 10.

University of Kentucky 31

UF 13

My guess is we win the turnover battle by 3+, and that translates into the increase winning margin. Kats turn the ball over, this could easily blow up in their face as well. IMHO, turnovers will be the deciding factor in this one. We play a clean game, we win going away!

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I like these players - they act like they're in a good place attitude-wise. they can do it!

Yes and comfortably. Their anemic O will struggle, Gran will show some clever wrinkles, and their D wears down in the 2nd.

I think some of you have beaten dog syndrome. This isn't wishful thinking from years past, where we hope we can pull off a few miraculous plays to squeak one out against superior athletes. The South Carolina game wasn't a fluke and S. Carolina is a good team. We simply won in the trenches with old school lunch pail play on both sides of the ball and forced our will on them. And that kind of team play is consistent from week to week and travels well. If we come out Saturday and simply go to work doing what we do, I think we win by two scores. If however we come out nervous and attempt to play outside ourselves by running a bunch of trickery, new plays and force the issue offensively, their defense will make us pay. The key to beating Florida is to keep their defense from putting points on the board for them. I think our defense can prevent their offense from putting many points on the board. Saturday the goalposts come down. Cats by 2 scores.
Kentucky: 23
Florida : 13

Reactions: Wvvrn
It looks like a tossup game to me. I have no idea who's going to win, but I'll take UK in a squeaker 27-24

I think some of you have beaten dog syndrome. This isn't wishful thinking from years past, where we hope we can pull off a few miraculous plays to squeak one out against superior athletes. The South Carolina game wasn't a fluke and S. Carolina is a good team. We simply won in the trenches with old school lunch pail play on both sides of the ball and forced our will on them. And that kind of team play is consistent from week to week and travels well. If we come out Saturday and simply go to work doing what we do, I think we win by two scores. If however we come out nervous and attempt to play outside ourselves by running a bunch of trickery, new plays and force the issue offensively, their defense will make us pay. The key to beating Florida is to keep their defense from putting points on the board for them. I think our defense can prevent their offense from putting many points on the board. Saturday the goalposts come down. Cats by 2 scores.
Kentucky: 23
Florida : 13
I have been a Kentucky Football fan for 45 years and have seen it all ! Florida is not USC !! UF 2nd and 3rd string could start for bot UK's and USC's ! Stoops said there was data that if you can stop the run and run on them you could win well there is a shitpot full of data that say's florida wins tomorrow ! I hope not but all you guys are doing by disrespecting them is adding fuel to the fire !

Reactions: sluggercatfan
I have been a Kentucky Football fan for 45 years and have seen it all ! Florida is not USC !! UF 2nd and 3rd string could start for bot UK's and USC's ! Stoops said there was data that if you can stop the run and run on them you could win well there is a shitpot full of data that say's florida wins tomorrow ! I hope not but all you guys are doing by disrespecting them is adding fuel to the fire !

Speaking of whipped dog syndrome
I'm not sure where to even start with this. I wasn't comparing USC. To Florida. I believe Florida has a better defense, but my Lord man, quit acting like they're Alabama who does have 3rd stringers who would start for us. They ain't Bama, they have 10 players suspended, ain't nobody scared of their offense, and Lord forbid a Kentucky fan think we can win. Because that will Make em really really mad at us. Pfft. Anything can happen, but I believe we are the better TEAM right now. If that offends them, or frightens you, deal with it.

Speaking of whipped dog syndrome
I'm not sure where to even start with this. I wasn't comparing USC. To Florida. I believe Florida has a better defense, but my Lord man, quit acting like they're Alabama who does have 3rd stringers who would start for us. They ain't Bama, they have 10 players suspended, ain't nobody scared of their offense, and Lord forbid a Kentucky fan think we can win. Because that will Make em really really mad at us. Pfft. Anything can happen, but I believe we are the better TEAM right now. If that offends them, or frightens you, deal with it.
What are you 12 years old ? There is not a man alive that frightens me moron ,, but i have been around long enough and i'm smart enough to not poke the bear!!!
Its just a game so if we lose we lose and if the world doesn't end tomorrow then there is always next year !

Reactions: _Rooster
What are you 12 years old ? There is not a man alive that frightens me moron ,, but i have been around long enough and i'm smart enough to not poke the bear!!!
Its just a game so if we lose we lose and if the world doesn't end tomorrow then there is always next year !
"Always next year"???? That's old Kentucky football losers mentality. Good thing our beast mode young men don't feel that way. We don't have a punchers chance anymore, we have a good football team's chance. Take that Bill Curry tired rhetoric outta here. We have the defense , we have the balanced offensive competence, and a "steely-eyed missile man" taking the snaps under center.

Plus, we've played Florida closer when THEY were better in recent years. They ain't great.

New day folks.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot

I'll post support for my team anytime I like. If that offends you, or it offends some hypothetical gator players you believe are reading this board, you can all either put me on ignore, or pound sand.
GO CATS! Beat Florida!

Reactions: _Rooster
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT