ADVERTISEMENT

Lets go on record.

I'm all in on this. Streak ends this Saturday. We might even put some mustard on it. The house is going to be shaking. The SECN crew won't know what to think of the place.

Last edited:
I think mentally and talent wise we maybe at the time of this program that its more then a dream. But lets hope if we do win, that the battle cry from some, isn't that Fla sucked and that we beat a bad team. They are still a very good team.

Over the last 10 years or so, the cats have had several much hyped home games, coming off of big emotional wins....

More often than not, we come out and lay an egg.

This game feels to me like the one 2 years ago. I was there, and ready to see the streak end....and the team came out flat. It was the best crowd I have ever seen in Commonwealth Stadium....but the energy slowly got sucked out of the stadium as the defensive slugfest ground on. Florida won....13-9, I think.

I see this game as being a lot like that game. Jacked up crowd.....and I am not sure either offense will be able to move the ball on the other consistently.

That being said, I would rather pick the Cats and be wrong than pick the damned gators and be right.

Flip the score this time: 13-9 Cats, in the ugliest game of the 2017 season :)

That Florida defense has a ton of speed and talent on it. Have watched both games this year and it's amazing how they fly to the football. Not overly worried about the offense.

My heart says yes, my head says no. Not sure.

Over the last 10 years or so, the cats have had several much hyped home games, coming off of big emotional wins....

This game feels to me like the one 2 years ago. I was there, and ready to see the streak end....and the team came out flat. It was the best crowd I have ever seen in Commonwealth Stadium....but the energy slowly got sucked out of the stadium as the defensive slugfest ground on. Florida won....13-9, I think.

I see this game as being a lot like that game. Jacked up crowd.....and I am not sure either offense will be able to move the ball on the other consistently.

That being said, I would rather pick the Cats and be wrong than pick the damned gators and be right.

We had the ball with a chance to win.

Would you take the ball, down 4. 25 yard line. 3 minutes?

I think Florida will need to score late to win so I wouldn't take that set up. But I would be okay with it.

Dorian dropped a beautifully thrown TD ball and the very next play we threw a pick. They took it in for 7. That play was the difference.

On paper it's pretty much a coin flip game, so you have to think about the intangibles. How does all the locker room disturbances effect the Gators? Did Kentucky return from Columbia "fat and happy" or "hungry"? Is it "us against the world" for the Gators with all the negative headlines? Does the pressure of breaking the streak and all the hoopla of this game cause Kentucky to press too much?

At the end of the day, I think Kentucky finds a way to win this game because they want it the most and Stephen Johnson is a cool, calm, calculating guy that makes the big play when we need it the most.

Last edited:
I HOPE we win, but to be honest, simply having that considering the past 30 years is something I haven't had often, so there's that.

20-16 UK. Lots of FG's in a defensive battle. It may only be 7-6 at half. That said, how freaking cool would it be if UF walked into a UK buzz saw where our O just breaks out and we humiliate them?! I don't expect it at all but wouldn't it be awesome?

If I scored the TD that put us up 3 scores with less than 2 minutes to go you can be damn sure I would do a 30 year-HUMILIATION-BREAKING-EMBARRASSMENT-RELIEVING-FRUSTRATION-VENTING-HERCULIAN-GRONK-STYLE-DON'T-GIVE-A-$HIT-ABOUT-A-PENALTY....POWER-SPIKE in the end zone to coronate the victory. How would you celebrate the game-winning TD?

Reactions: StevieJFTW07

I like ugly wins. :)

Do the Cats finally end that horrible streak?

I say yes. It is going down Saturday night.

NO idea really

Remember how we ended the UT streak under joker?
Wasn't our best UK team at ALL
Brooks had far better shots and more talent on the field

but we ended up with an inexplicable win that day

I think this team CAN do that

....and dear LORD how I want it SO!!!

Reactions: BlueUKats#9
My heart says yes but the UK football pessimist in me says no. Florida seems to always get some of their flaws worked out against us.

( What do I know though. I picked USC to win in Old Reds prediction contest)

You could put last year's Patriots in Kentucky Blue against Florida and SEC refs would still find ways to warp the rules in Gators' favor. I think this years version of Cats ignore setbacks like that and finds a way to win. Cats by six in another low scorer.

Hard for me to imagine Gators coming to Kroger field without many fast, physical athletes!
To beat teams in this conference you better play solid defense, run the ball, and have a good kicking game.
Believe CATS are playing with these three traits.
I was among the chilly fans when solid "Dollar Bill" Ransdell led WILDCATS to their last victory over the Gators.
Time is now for a WILDCAT win! Imo solid Stephen, Benny, o.line, stout defense, and Austin will bring a end to Florida win streak!
On, On UK! CATS 17 Gators 10.

Last edited:
Reactions: wildcatwelder
KY will win because SJ simply knows how to win and UF's young QB looks very sketchy right now. UF has not ran the ball well and KY's strength (can't believe I am saying this) is stopping the run. I do not have enough confidence in Franks to be able to pick apart KY's secondary.

Most importantly, this KY team will not fear UF. A lot of FL guys on this team who want this game more than any. Just think KY will want it more. UF is limping right now with the suspensions, injuries, and have not have played well this season. Tis KY team is not one they can come in and have a scrimmage with. This KY team is going to hit them very hard in the mouth. I am not sold this UF team can take a big punch right now.

At some point you would think everything clicks in a big game for KY and they beat a big team more than what the experts think (like Uofl did to FL St last year), but its not Stoops or Gran's mentality. I expect them to play this game much like they did against SC. Wear down UF's dline which does not have the depth it usually has and win the game int he 4th quarter.

KY 24 UF 17

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT