ADVERTISEMENT

Let's expand our vision. No, we didn't beat Thug U this year (we should have)

jauk11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 6, 2006
should have both because we lost our QBs AND because we outplayed them (TWO plays to make TWO yards), but look what our coaches did with the talent we have recruited (per the recruiting services, our coaches know talent), we have a BIG advantage in evaluating talent and in coaching, IMO. But while we trail them a bunch in Rivals recruiting rankings at the present time, 24th to 18th, they have 18 commits to our 16.

Important because up to 20 commits get their full number of points. They are 223 points ahead of us now, so if we got four more full counting 5.8s and they got two 5.8s to get to 20 (both entirely feasible) we would only be three points behind them, AND we may get some 5.9s and a couple more four stars or a 5.9 four stars (Baron?) so it is possible that we could make up that three points with room to spare.

But the real kicker is that we already have a 6.0 transfer (and a 5.9 from last year) and if we got the 6.0 from Auburn (at a vital position) we would have actually passed them in new talent, and that is MUCH more important in the long run than beating them occasionally, even if we blew it this year. The new talent influx would easily be more than any time since Curci was accused of cheating, and maybe back to the Bear or better and maybe the first time that we out recruited the "Orange Pride" in decades. Besides, the NCAA disbanded the "Orange Pride" (with no penalties, IIRC, lol) recently, so all of their work has to be "under cover", not just part of it like before.

No wonder so many of us are so excited about our football (yes, football) future, and even if they "upset" us next year in Knoxville this is a GREAT omen for the future. Speculation, but I love it.

Sorry for being so long, but this is important,stuff, lol.

should have both because we lost our QBs AND because we outplayed them (TWO plays to make TWO yards), but look what our coaches did with the talent we have recruited (per the recruiting services, our coaches know talent), we have a BIG advantage in evaluating talent and in coaching, IMO. But while we trail them a bunch in Rivals recruiting rankings at the present time, 24th to 18th, they have 18 commits to our 16.

Important because up to 20 commits get their full number of points. They are 223 points ahead of us now, so if we got four more full counting 5.8s and they got two 5.8s to get to 20 (both entirely feasible) we would only be three points behind them, AND we may get some 5.9s and a couple more four stars or a 5.9 four stars (Baron?) so it is possible that we could make up that three points with room to spare.

But the real kicker is that we already have a 6.0 transfer (and a 5.9 from last year) and if we got the 6.0 from Auburn (at a vital position) we would have actually passed them in new talent, and that is MUCH more important in the long run than beating them occasionally, even if we blew it this year. The new talent influx would easily be more than any time since Curci was accused of cheating, and maybe back to the Bear or better and maybe the first time that we out recruited the "Orange Pride" in decades. Besides, the NCAA disbanded the "Orange Pride" (with no penalties, IIRC, lol) recently, so all of their work has to be "under cover", not just part of it like before.

No wonder so many of us are so excited about our football (yes, football) future, and even if they "upset" us next year in Knoxville this is a GREAT omen for the future. Speculation, but I love it.

Sorry for being so long, but this is important,stuff, lol.
When you said Thug U I thought you meant Louisville.

When you said Thug U I thought you meant Louisville.

NO, that's Transfer U. Used to do it a lot, from Georgia, the Big !2 Defensive player of the year, with the domestic assault conviction, Willie, all the JCs they usually took. The JCs That had to go the JC route because of grades, that BP got the $500,000 bonus for them being in the top ten in the nation in the APR, lol..

If we did count the 5.9 and two 6.0s as being in this class we would also get bonus points for all three for them being in the top 150. I haven't heard of them having any highly ranked transfers coming in, but the whole recruiting standings crossword puzzle is pretty impossible to predict at this point. But I doubt if anyone would have more transfers points than from a 5.9 and two 6.0s, and one of those is iffy.

ADVERTISEMENT