ADVERTISEMENT

Leonard wants out of SA, looking at LA

I'm a lakers fan, and I'll have a really hard time cheering for my team if we grab lebron while already having ball who I have a very tough time cheering for. Not sure I could cheer for my team if we took lebron. But if we grab George and Kawhi instead of Lebron. I'd be as giddy as a school girl on the way to prom.

Faked an injury and invented beef with what many considered the best run organization in all of professional sports, just because he’s not man enough to ride out his contract or be honest and up front about his intentions this whole time. Just MHO of course.

Reactions: Fox2monk and Cat06
Faked an injury and invented beef with what many considered the best run organization in all of professional sports, just because he’s not man enough to ride out his contract or be honest and up front about his intentions this whole time. Just MHO of course.

Or had a legitimate injury, and the Spurs threw him under the bus for seeking a second opinion.

Admittedly, I have no clue. Don’t think any of us do. But there’s a broad spectrum of options.

Reactions: CELTICAT
[sick]

This should be the mindset of any team not named Golden State, Houston, Boston and whichever team lands LeBron. If LeBron goes to Houston, cross off the mystery team.

I couldn't put it any better myself. Wish these wimpy superstars would grow a pair and try to compete for their titles.

Funny how a UK fan is so against top players teaming up....it’s kind of our thing.

Big Lakers fan. Not a LBJ fan. Not sure how I will feel about this if true.

PG - I Thomas, Lonzo Ball
SG - Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart
SF - Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Luol Deng
PF - LeBron, J Randle, Brandon Ingram
C - Cousins, Brook Lopez

I’m sure some of those will be gone obviously to make cap space, Deng, Hart, Lopez and Randle being most likely.

Not a bad squad.

In order to get Kawhi, they are going to have to let Randle walk. Trade dengs contr and contract and include one or two of ball, Ingram, kuzma in the trade.

Thomas is not going to be resigned. And Lopez will not be resigned. Kaldwell pope not resigned. I think bron, and george are redundant. I would like to see them either resign Randle with those two or go after cousins, or maybe they can get nerlens noel on the midlevel exception.

They do. Question becomes how many assets teams are willing to part with, without assurances of Kawhi resigning. How much do you pay for a one year rental?

Other question is do the Spurs do a lesser deal anyway to avoid helping the Lakers?
Only way a smart GM like Ainge does that trade is with the assurance that Leonard does an extension.

Reactions: Fox2monk
[sick]

This should be the mindset of any team not named Golden State, Houston, Boston and whichever team lands LeBron. If LeBron goes to Houston, cross off the mystery team.

I couldn't put it any better myself. Wish these wimpy superstars would grow a pair and try to compete for their titles.

Lebron did and got swept. KD broke the league in terms of super teams.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Or had a legitimate injury, and the Spurs threw him under the bus for seeking a second opinion.

Admittedly, I have no clue. Don’t think any of us do. But there’s a broad spectrum of options.

Dude his from Spurs brass when they went to New York to check on him. They are the best organization in the NBA to play for and that is a bitch move to the max. My opinion of him as a person has dropped a ton due to this year

Only way a smart GM like Ainge does that trade is with the assurance that Leonard does an extension.

Especially when Brown and Tatum could develop into a player close to Kawhi 's ability. Maybe not too 4 player but an all star two way guy. Ainge would never part with a guy like that for a 1 year rental.

Dude his from Spurs brass when they went to New York to check on him. They are the best organization in the NBA to play for and that is a bitch move to the max. My opinion of him as a person has dropped a ton due to this year

Apparently Kawhi didn’t think they were the best organization to play for.

I get it. The Spurs and Pop are the shining stars of the NBA in the eyes of many. And maybe this is 100% on Kawhi and the Spurs are as infallible as many think.

But UNC basketball was once infallible in the eyes of most. And Penn State football. Funny things happen when you’re treated like you’re better than everyone else for decades.

ADVERTISEMENT