ADVERTISEMENT

Leonard Taylor

What loss and misses have we had? Shocky who wasn't committed and who else?

According to Rowling he was committed. And we have lost Harris and Williams as well. But that's it. We actually signed up every commit sans Peters and lost Harris, Williams and a silent commitment.

Last edited:
You don’t have to post on a sports message board for long before someone acts like you must share their opinion or you don’t care as much or you are satisfied with the status quo. Its one of those comments that require no facts, just a baseless conclusion. I care, you don’t. You must be satisfied, I am not.

And, it will be interesting to see how UK does next year with zero playmakers. I feel like you are setting Stoops up to win a coach of the year award. People might be astounded by what he can do with “zero playmakers.” If you win 5 games with zero playmakers, you must be an awesome coach. I suspect there are a lot Stoops bashers anxious about right now to refute that claim. LOL

If I liked living on the wild side I'd pick Snell as a playmaker. Lol

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
We have players switching up all the time. Bud Dupree came in as a tight end and now he is a linebacker in the NFL. Josh Forrest the same thing. JD Harmon played all over the backfield. We have offensive l lineman switching up positions as well. What are you even talking about?

Notice the SDE on his profile???

It has become apparent that when Stoops promises a player he can play a position, the kid gets to play a position. I don’t recall him telling a recruit that he can play a position just to get him in the fold. I think Stoops promise to Javonte Richardson was that he could play WR when other schools wanted him for defense. Stoops has his two TEs. I don’t think he would sell Taylor on TE and then pull a switch on him. And, when Taylor looks at our TE signees, he probably is not excited about coming here and being a part of a three TE class. If he wants to play TE, it’s a wonder UK stayed in the mix this long.

According to Rolling he was committed. And we have lost Harris and Williams as well. But that's it. We actually signed up every commit sans Peters and lost Harris, Williams and a silent commitment.
Yeah. Williams and shockey were not surprises though. Williams is a classless loser who everyone knows did us wrong and shockey was his boy, so that should tell you something as well. Meechi was a surprise. But still, we didn't have loss after loss.

Reactions: *Bleedingblue*
Need to lock down Xavier and Peters and maybe a difference maker on offense. Gotta kind of stop the bleeding here.
I don't see what "bleeding" you are referring to. This is another strong class. I looked at our returning roster yesterday. There is currently room for 24 new signings, but a few players always leave in the spring. There were 20 signings in December. Assuming Stoops signs 5 more in February, I am thinking Peters, Dailey, Smoke, plus 2 out of Watt, Lewis, Sampson, Oats, Glover-Williams.

Reactions: ukalum1988
I don't see what "bleeding" you are referring to. This is another strong class. I looked at our returning roster yesterday. There is currently room for 24 new signings, but a few players always leave in the spring. There were 20 signings in December. Assuming Stoops signs 5 more in February, I am thinking Peters, Dailey, Smoke, plus 2 out of Watt, Lewis, Sampson, Oats, Glover-Williams.
Yeah, if they sign all those guys we're in great shape. You're list would make up the highest rated guys in the class. Problem is, we don't have any of those guys right now.

Assuming Stoops signs 5 more in February, I am thinking Peters, Dailey, Smoke, plus 2 out of Watt, Lewis, Sampson, Oats, Glover-Williams.
Is this a hoping or expecting list? For instance, I'm not aware Smoke even has a UK visit planned. Thx.

I believe JR said Taylor is a 4* on rivals as a TE. He played QB and DE as a senior. He doesn’t look very explosive on the DL and was more of a pocket passing QB.

Interesting prospect, but I think his speed is a question mark.

I will say I was a big fan of ULs Juco TE commit that was on Wilson’s team. I think he was the best player on that offense.

Our staff is recruiting him as a defensive end and we have no clue how well our tight ends will be in the future. They could be like Koback and transfer out after a year or they could suck and transfer down to FCS. We may have to switch a guy from defense over to tight end just like what we did this past season.

Sounds like we need to sign about 50 commits to be on the safe side, make sure we have several good prospects at every position.

Can't happen.

Yeah, if they sign all those guys we're in great shape. You're list would make up the highest rated guys in the class. Problem is, we don't have any of those guys right now.
Thanks, Captain Obvious. I was only speculating. No college coach has a particular player until he signs.

Is this a hoping or expecting list? For instance, I'm not aware Smoke even has a UK visit planned. Thx.
I don't have any inside information. I suspect no poster does. Everything that gets posted here is an opinion or a wish. There is some handwriting on the wall, though. Koback's transfer leaves 4 scholarship running backs, including Rodriguez. King will graduate next year, and Snell might leave too. The need for 1 more back is glaring. Rowland has disclosed that Kentucky has a good shot to sign Smoke. If Stoops doesn't sign Smoke, he would need to add a juco running back or a late flip.

All this being said, Id still like to have this kid. He seems like the kind of athlete who could make you better wherever you put him.

It would be super to add an athlete like Taylor. We are fortunately at a spot where we look at specific need.
We are also in a situation where we hope we get some three stars that are secretly high four or five kids when they hit the field like Snell.
Smoke is a name I see on here a lot. There is also the Pechak kid that was us, then Indiana, then Toledo....and now foggy (as is the last I saw on Taylor). There are a couple wr we seem to be in the mix for as well.
(These were some of the things Wiltfong's crystal ball predictions were
Showing last night)
February will be exciting enough.
Predicting where teenagers will sign is a highly inexact science. Kinda like a weatherman.

https://n.rivals.com/news/midwest-spotlight-predictions-for-the-five-top-unsigned-prospects

gqjumn1ldv5td5kxvauh

Technically Peters is committed to Kentucky, but he did not sign in the early period and the most intense period of this recruitment will take place over the next several weeks. Official visits to Florida and Florida State are planned over the next couple weekends. Miami and others are giving chase, making this one a very difficult commitment for Kentucky to hang on to.

Prediction: Florida

icons_rivalsdatabase_modal_icon-09d74c9f6ebcc83cb0a94ef792a69ba648c051e8558216ce4858fedc95a355a3.svg

hkrimaa9nbdet2hx8j7f

Leonard Taylor
Nick Lucero/Rivals.com
The smart money for most of this recruitment was on Kentucky with the connections in Lexington and Taylor’s relationship with tight ends coach Vince Marrow. But a Dec. 15 weekend official visit was taken with the Wildcats and Leonard decided not to sign in the early period. Taylor just wrapped up an official visit to Louisville this past weekend, and has Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Texas A&M in the mix for official visits later this month.

Prediction: Louisville

https://n.rivals.com/news/dt-jerry-tillery-and-lb-te-von-coney-to-return-for-2018-season

Peters did not visit FSU this past weekend. He did get a visit from Coach Marrow and I saw on Twitter that Florida is supposedly no longer recruiting him. All good news on the Peters front.

Close out this class with Peters, Oats, Smoke, either Watt or Dailey and the best available player. That would be a hell of a finish and very realistic.

Reactions: jauk11 and THE_OAK
ADVERTISEMENT