ADVERTISEMENT

Leonard Taylor

motodog

Blue Chip Prospect
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2017
Looks like will be committing to Louisville soon. So we're really keeping the momentum going.

Need to lock down Xavier and Peters and maybe a difference maker on offense. Gotta kind of stop the bleeding here.

Its been one loss after another and a lot of misses the last month or so. This is one of the higher rated guys left on the board that people were confident in. So yeah, it stings a little. After all, I think most of us can agree the goal is to get better. .and you do that by getting better players.

He's highly rated, but if this rumor is true and he wants to be the tight end, UK is not the place today. I think we were all hoping the kid had been sold on the idea of playing D. If not, it isn't a devastating turn of events....awful hard to fit five te's on the field.
Might decide to give the Cats a shot anyway. Hope so, but if not, this doesn't break a recruiting year.

Its been one loss after another and a lot of misses the last month or so. This is one of the higher rated guys left on the board that people were confident in. So yeah, it stings a little. After all, I think most of us can agree the goal is to get better. .and you do that by getting better players.

Wants to play TE. We don't have a need.

Reactions: dustarm20
Taylor was always only intriguing as a tight end. I know its a way to get athletic talent on campus but bringing in kids and playing them out of position has rarely worked at Kentucky. Micah Johnson maybe but he was a special kind of athlete.

What loss and misses have we had? Shocky who wasn't committed and who else?

Actually, no more 'losses' than an average year, just more stars and many, many, many, many more folks looking at it.
Go back fifteen years and I doubt a tenth of the folks looked at recruiting as do today....in UK football anyway.

Taylor was always only intriguing as a tight end. I know its a way to get athletic talent on campus but bringing in kids and playing them out of position has rarely worked at Kentucky.
Don't get this. KY wants him on D side.

Reactions: mrschwump
What loss and misses have we had? Shocky who wasn't committed and who else?
The Jarren Williams recruitment really soured a lot of fans on recruiting because even when these kids say 100% it doesn't really mean 100% a lot of the time (it just means 100% maybe right that minute). But we lucked out and signed a more immediate help in Wilson, which is what we needed.

Wants to play TE. We don't have a need.

But, but, but JD......he's a 4-star. Who cares if he wants to play the position at which we are full. It's only about the team's recruiting ranking!!! :sunglasses:

Look, everyone, UK already has two TE signees, Leonard Taylor would make three but UK doesn't need three. Therefore, Taylor is going to look elsewhere. It's just one of those things. Good luck to him, unless he goes to UofL.

I mean really, is this not a valid point? For those who offered opposing view points, thanks. For those troll comments, beat it. If you're satisfied with not being a part of the college football landscape, ok I guess. But Im not. Id like to get the talent to be able to compete with above average teams. Overall the program has moved in the right direction. I feel this offseason is a bit of a backslide. Especially considering this team has zero playmakers and it doesn't really appear that they have addressed this deficiency at all.

I mean really, is this not a valid point? For those who offered opposing view points, thanks. For those troll comments, beat it. If you're satisfied with not being a part of the college football landscape, ok I guess. But Im not. Id like to get the talent to be able to compete with above average teams. Overall the program has moved in the right direction. I feel this offseason is a bit of a backslide. Especially considering this team has zero playmakers and it doesn't really appear that they have addressed this deficiency at all.

You don’t have to post on a sports message board for long before someone acts like you must share their opinion or you don’t care as much or you are satisfied with the status quo. Its one of those comments that require no facts, just a baseless conclusion. I care, you don’t. You must be satisfied, I am not.

And, it will be interesting to see how UK does next year with zero playmakers. I feel like you are setting Stoops up to win a coach of the year award. People might be astounded by what he can do with “zero playmakers.” If you win 5 games with zero playmakers, you must be an awesome coach. I suspect there are a lot Stoops bashers anxious about right now to refute that claim. LOL

Reactions: EastLansingCat
Not a bad topic, but you're going against a lot of different opinions on what the team needs.
The quarterback issue was almost a HUGE stumble, but I THINK the staff overcame that.
It remains to be seen if we have the burners at wide receiver because frankly Stephen didn't have the chance/ability to get the ball to who we have.
Tight end position was addresses earlier with two well thought of kids who signed.
Most of us were under the assumption Taylor was going to convert to D-line, where he could likely have picked up some early PT. it would appear that the young man is dead set on playing that TE slot that currently has 4.
While absolutely true his star rating would 'help the whole team', in reality if he is a slot where he will likely not play it actually would do the team NO good.
Now, if he decide he DOES want to try another position, then that would be different.

Absolutely no doubt this is someone’s troll account.

Can you read, you are saying we have ZERO playmakers at TE? The off season was a disaster when we could have lost FIVE NFL prospects, and all five are coming back?

Taylor was always only intriguing as a tight end. I know its a way to get athletic talent on campus but bringing in kids and playing them out of position has rarely worked at Kentucky. Micah Johnson maybe but he was a special kind of athlete.

Nope. Don't know what you're talking about I bet you did not even know that he plays quarterback for his high school. It's funny you say that he is only a tight end when obviously you do not know much about him.

Given that JRow has indicated a couple of times he may not be a take for us and we have 20 good signees w only room for 4-5 more, a bit overdone on the drama

When is this? I read everything he puts up and I recall him stating that Taylor is a priority for the staff and we are hot and heavy after him.
Let me guess if he commits to another team somewhere else then he really was not a take for us? Is that the way it goes? But if he comes here it is a big recruiting victory?

We have players switching up all the time. Bud Dupree came in as a tight end and now he is a linebacker in the NFL. Josh Forrest the same thing. JD Harmon played all over the backfield. We have offensive l lineman switching up positions as well. What are you even talking about?

Notice the SDE on his profile???

Last edited:
He's highly rated, but if this rumor is true and he wants to be the tight end, UK is not the place today. I think we were all hoping the kid had been sold on the idea of playing D. If not, it isn't a devastating turn of events....awful hard to fit five te's on the field.
Might decide to give the Cats a shot anyway. Hope so, but if not, this doesn't break a recruiting year.

Our staff is recruiting him as a defensive end and we have no clue how well our tight ends will be in the future. They could be like Koback and transfer out after a year or they could suck and transfer down to FCS. We may have to switch a guy from defense over to tight end just like what we did this past season.

ADVERTISEMENT