ADVERTISEMENT

Legal Ramifications for Pitino and/or UL

Pitino has no chance in winning a lawsuit in my opinion. The only thing he can do is threaten to tell where all the bodies are buried and cause more harm to the university. They will then reach a settlement with him to just go away and not disclose anything. I'd guess probably for about $10 million, but could go up or down depending on the amount of damaging info he might have. If he's got little or nothing, they probably just pay a couple million just to not deal with the headache of going to court and keeping the story in the news for weeks or months longer.

Pitino has no chance in winning a lawsuit in my opinion. The only thing he can do is threaten to tell where all the bodies are buried and cause more harm to the university. They will then reach a settlement with him to just go away and not disclose anything. I'd guess probably for about $10 million, but could go up or down depending on the amount of damaging info he might have. If he's got little or nothing, they probably just pay a couple million just to not deal with the headache of going to court and keeping the story in the news for weeks or months longer.

UofL are pros at using hush funds to keep former employees quiet. Problem for them is that that fund is smaller and being watched more closely now.

With the new slate of Trustees and Jurich's impending removal, UL may be willing to fight it out. The old crew would have either kept Rick or paid him off.

Reactions: crestcat
While Rick may try to "negotiate" with UL by not spilling the beans on shenanigans that are either currently unknown or further incriminating in issues that are known, doubtful he would say anything that would involve his participation or potentially open him up to criminal liability for not speaking up.

So what things would he be limited to, to try and coerce UL for more $'s? Conversely, what things could UL reveal that would implicate Rick both personally and professionally? It just may be a "Mexican standoff" like in the "Good, the Bad, and the Ugly". Ramsey can even wear his sombrero.

Guess we'll know in a little while. LOL!

Reactions: TruBluCatFan

They should tape his threat to do that. He would be in prison, just like Karen Sypher was. It is extortion, getting paid for keeping your moth shut, just like she wanted.

Can't believe we haven't heard anything from the ULAA meeting this morning in regards to Rick.

Well written article...

http://amp.si.com/college-basketbal...ntract-dispute-ncaa-scandal-fbi-investigation

Do you think it sill end up splitting the total or does UL stick to their position and tell Pitino to shove it?

AlohaCat
Enough with the UL Bull $hit threads. Lets talk the Wildcats. Ok. Lost it for a few minutes go ahead but provide more detail. Where did he the money. How many other affairs has RP had. Did Loserville pay for the women? Who is his pimp? Has he ever made it over 15 seconds? Does he use the little blue pill? If so he must need more mg. Who is Limpy Dicky Watts?. Who was the other women he was caught doing the wild thing within 2 days after this happened? Does he get paid by the hour? Is a bird in your hand worth 2 in the bush?

Last edited:
Rick Pitino is the Harvey Weinstein of college coaches; no way they can bring him back and not except serious backlash from the media, NCAA, faculty, no way.

Jurich, he is no different than Bernie Madoff; stole from everyone and anyone wearing a UL shirt.
If they did/do bring back Jurich, surely they restructure his contract or the faculty will go nuts. Way too much money under the table for them to continue to doing this.
If Turtle Neck survives all this, I bet he is on some sort of leash, no more running around spending, drinking like he has done.

Pitino and Jurich, and more than likely Petrino, had so much autonomy at that place that they could pretty much write their own contracts and stick in the mud Ramsey would just sign off on it. That’s why they’re so laden with clauses and infinitives that make it very very difficult for the University to get rid of them without paying through the nose. It’s what has allowed them to get away with all they have through the years. Now it just pisses me off that they think they can hold the board and foundation hostage to get their jobs back.

Pitino and Jurich, and more than likely Petrino, had so much autonomy at that place that they could pretty much write their own contracts and stick in the mud Ramsey would just sign off on it. That’s why they’re so laden with clauses and infinitives that make it very very difficult for the University to get rid of them without paying through the nose. It’s what has allowed them to get away with all they have through the years. Now it just pisses me off that they think they can hold the board and foundation hostage to get their jobs back.

Exactly... see my approach...my comment just above yours...

AlohaCat

ADVERTISEMENT