ADVERTISEMENT

Legal marijuana for Kentucky

Jesus didn’t smoke weed man

You sure?

nJXeiQtX4VY8twfQqIOLxgn_8BoV7ksaDDxK5tqZ30rkXc-h57QwUdredVrZyFRmPCXJ0mmSpAQDTLF5qRXTcevv4ElaWgWCcNFHDUz9n--o4H7JUc1CKlZNb_1KgujoF2tYoKqT5x4j8eLCjjsJ2s6h8asBWtofD7YCkLHsmBlv91yRowbF4WOvDY4

Joe Biden becomes unfit to be president do to mental instability as a result of old age. Kamala becomes president. Weed is federally legal.

Kentucky doesn't have the option for a ballot initiative so you will never get to vote on it. It has to be passed in the state legislature. If you want it to happen you have to vote in legislators that want it to happen. If it's up to Kentucky's extremely conservative legislature it won't happen for a long time.

Kentucky doesn't have the option for a ballot initiative so you will never get to vote on it. It has to be passed in the state legislature. If you want it to happen you have to vote in legislators that want it to happen. If it's up to Kentucky's extremely conservative legislature it won't happen for a long time.

This.

If it were up to a vote of the people I'd guess it would pass 65-35-ish. But we're a backwards state that puts all the power in the hands of the General Assembly. With the current Republican super-duper majority, legalization will only happen here if federally mandated.

I sit on the board of of a statewide cannabis advocacy group and we've been trying to get a medical bill passed for years. The 2020 version passed with bi-partisan support in the House but didn't even make it out of committee in the uber conservative Senate.

Personally, I don't see what the hold up is among elected Republicans. I know tons of GOP voters who support legalization. It's one of the few issues red and blue can agree on.

Unfortunately the people needed to get such a vote through a legislature are so absurd on 95% of other issues they're never going to get there. I'm conservative, and I support legalization as well as opening up gambling. At the end of the day there are so many more important issues than just these 2, you're not going to get folks to vote across the aisle to put candidates in. You cant trust the left to not go off the ****ing rails at this point. And its still cheaper to just keep getting it through your usual means anyway, even in states that have it. Push through decriminalization of possession and move on.

Unfortunately the people needed to get such a vote through a legislature are so absurd on 95% of other issues they're never going to get there. I'm conservative, and I support legalization as well as opening up gambling. At the end of the day there are so many more important issues than just these 2, you're not going to get folks to vote across the aisle to put candidates in. You cant trust the left to not go off the ****ing rails at this point. And its still cheaper to just keep getting it through your usual means anyway, even in states that have it. Push through decriminalization of possession and move on.

It's absurd that there are things that 70% of people say they support but state or US legislatures won't just pass.

Cost a lot more when it’s legal... you wont meet as interesting bunch buying over the counter... and a lot more exciting smoke when you. Can wonder... “what’s really in this shi _?”

Cost a lot more when it’s legal... you wont meet as interesting bunch buying over the counter... and a lot more exciting smoke when you. Can wonder... “what’s really in this shi _?”

As long as the black market is cheaper, there will be a black market

Reactions: awf and BlueTick2
I live in Colorado, and the weed is way cheaper vs what I use to pay living in Louisville. Sure, some of the top shelf will go up in price, but you can always finds some great sales on an Oz. I will take being able to walk into a store and having a big selection of flower over having to wait for your dude to call you back.

Even if it were legalized or decriminalized at the federal level, apparently counties could decide to not allow it like wet and dry counties now. At least that’s according to some of the marrijuwanna partakers on here.

Even if it were legalized or decriminalized at the federal level, apparently counties could decide to not allow it like wet and dry counties now. At least that’s according to some of the marrijuwanna partakers on here.
Well you just go to the county next door like probably 80% of the people do for their booze already. Backwards ass state we live in

Reactions: awf and funKYcat75
Joe Biden becomes unfit to be president do to mental instability as a result of old age. Kamala becomes president. Weed is federally legal.
---
Hell, Bribeden is already unfit due to mental instability. Then, you'd have to factor in that Vice President Giggles probably couldn't even find her way to the White House. If she managed to locate it, her first priority would be changing the name of the White House to....well, take a guess. After that, she would be more interested in jailing all the Trump voters than legalizing marijuana.

Reactions: awf and P19978

The first line is a myth if you find a well established legal market like California or Colorado. I bought some good quality nugs that were on sale in Denver for $80 an ounce. Same bag would’ve been $300 on the black market.

And I’d be willing to pay a convenience tax for being able to go to the weed store with all its varieties vs having to settle for whatever “the guy” has available at whatever time is convenient for them.

Reactions: awf
I live in Colorado, and the weed is way cheaper vs what I use to pay living in Louisville. Sure, some of the top shelf will go up in price, but you can always finds some great sales on an Oz. I will take being able to walk into a store and having a big selection of flower over having to wait for your dude to call you back.
I got 40 gummies in Denver for less than $80. 20 cost about the same in IL (they have/had supply issues). Still happy either way.

Reactions: awf and WeWant9
Given some of the things that came out of the last session - it's probably a long way off. The police lobby is powerful with the state pubs which is how they almost got the anti insult bill passed. In fact I'd bet nearly anything the guaranteed unconstitutionality was the only thing that kept it from happening.

Also don't forget ky was way behind the curve in terms of legalizing industrial hemp due to the same lobby.

So ya...it'll be awhile

Kentucky needs to settle bigger theological questions first, like, if Jesus is a Glock or S&W man.

Oh no question on that one he was a Glock man. That 43 slid right into the robe nicely 😆

My home state of FL put it as a referendum and it passed I think second time around. Been a great move if only for tax reasons. Crazy that it’s still even illegal anywhere iMO.

Reactions: awf
Given some of the things that came out of the last session - it's probably a long way off. The police lobby is powerful with the state pubs which is how they almost got the anti insult bill passed. In fact I'd bet nearly anything the guaranteed unconstitutionality was the only thing that kept it from happening.

Also don't forget ky was way behind the curve in terms of legalizing industrial hemp due to the same lobby.

So ya...it'll be awhile
Delta-8, which represents one heckuva legal "workaround" (excuse the IT term), is amazing. I'm shocked the stuff is "legal" in KY, TN and TX.

Have you heard anything about cracking down on this stuff up in KY?

ADVERTISEMENT