ADVERTISEMENT

LeBron James

Bird and Magic were both also drafted to teams that were already championship caliber teams.

Are you stoned? That dumb statement is such utter nonsense. Bird was drafted to a team that had gone 29-53 and finished dead last in its division the year before, and was being picked to finish dead last again.

Instead, with the addition of Bird, they shocked everyone by improving from 29-53 to 61-21 in just one season. That's how much Bird meant as a rookie.

Last edited:
Just stop. You've made yourself look a damn fool for the last 2 pages. Now you're discrediting Pippen who is the best wing defender of all time, as a means to glorify Jordan more. Every single opinion you've posted so far has been downright ignorant. Just stop it.
Yea keep talking sunshine, I guess you are 19 years old and think Lebron is like the greatest ever, Well, I got news for ya; he's not! Jordan would eat him form lunch and I guess you just can not handle that. Now keep talking tough over the internet, I'm sure your family is proud of you.

You do yourself no favors when you don't even have a grasp of basic facts.

Ray Allen was not on the first Heat title team. And by the time he got to Miami, for their 2nd title, he was 37 years old.

And like a lot of foolish people, you completely ignore defense as part of a team equation. Particularly noticeable in the ignorant way you go about trashing Scottie Pippen, who was named to the 1st or 2nd All-Defensive team 10 times.

A team is more than a collection of individual pieces. The Bulls were perfectly constructed to play around Jordan in a way that LeBron's never really experienced. I have no dog in this fight, but your attempts to denigrate LeBron and act like he's somehow been carried by his teams is wildly unrealistic.
lmao..yea Lebron has never had a team constructed for him. Nice joke. Lets name some players that he has had on his title teams. Irving, Love, Bosh, Wade, Allen, as well as a host of really good role players. Lebron could not carry a team like Jordan did, he has proven that he needs a team of all stars to compete. I never said Pippen was a bad player, he very good. Top 30 all time though? No way.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Ray Allen joined the Heat two years after LeBron got there. Therefore, he didn't leave to join a team with three superstars. And Ray Allen was washed up by the time he got to Miami, dude was nothing but a ring chaser at that point.
Look at some of Allen's games in the playoffs that year. He may have been old, but at some points he was still himself. In fact, one game he even saved them was some huge three's late. Look, you can take Allen out of the equation, that is fine. The fact is, nobody can argue that Lebron has won titles with anything less than 2 other hall of famers on the roster. Other than Durant, no other superstar has had to have that type of talent to win. Did Jordan have it in Pippen and Rodman? Yes, but he proved in the early 90's that he didn't have to have that.

Look at some of Allen's games in the playoffs that year. He may have been old, but at some points he was still himself. In fact, one game he even saved them was some huge three's late. Look, you can take Allen out of the equation, that is fine. The fact is, nobody can argue that Lebron has won titles with anything less than 2 other hall of famers on the roster. Other than Durant, no other superstar has had to have that type of talent to win. Did Jordan have it in Pippen and Rodman? Yes, but he proved in the early 90's that he didn't have to have that.

You continue to prove that you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Bird had McHale, DJ, Parish and Bill Walton.
Magic had Kareem, Worthy, McAdoo.
Bill Russell had a team littered with HOF’ers.
Same with Wilt.

But yeah, only LeBron needed superstar teammates to win titles.

Yea keep talking sunshine, I guess you are 19 years old and think Lebron is like the greatest ever, Well, I got news for ya; he's not! Jordan would eat him form lunch and I guess you just can not handle that. Now keep talking tough over the internet, I'm sure your family is proud of you.

Point proven. You go on to make 3 completely ignorant posts directly after quoting me. You've made a damn fool of yourself for going on 3 pages now and every time you post you do it again. You say something silly, then you get quoted by 5 people each time shutting your dumb shit down. It's pretty hilarious, honestly.

lmao..yea Lebron has never had a team constructed for him. Nice joke. Lets name some players that he has had on his title teams. Irving, Love, Bosh, Wade, Allen, as well as a host of really good role players. Lebron could not carry a team like Jordan did, he has proven that he needs a team of all stars to compete. I never said Pippen was a bad player, he very good. Top 30 all time though? No way.
Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. You hate you some LeBron, so you make consistently idiotic statements to try and make it look like a rational thing.

Whatever. You're a doof, and anyone reading this thread sees it immediately.

Who were the "really good role players" on the Heat, BTW? That roster was LeBron, aging Wade, Bosh, and a collective pile of garbage.

Whether you're capable of understanding it or not, LeBron has been shoehorned into situations without any stability, whereas a lot of other great players, including Jordan, had teams that were either in place when they arrived, or developed around them.

One of the weird things about LeBron's career, at least as far as I'm concerned, is the extent to which it's been so difficult to find the right mix of guys to put around him. He's such a willing passer, and yet somehow he hasn't found as comfortable a fit as some other great players who seemed far more selfish (Jordan, and, most of all, Kobe). The LeBron/Wade/Bosh combo never seemed like a comfortable thing (probably a big part of why it only lasted 4 years), and neither did LeBron/Irving/Love (not helped at all by the fact that both those guys ranged from mediocre to pathetic on defense).

But all of this is above your head, anyway. So just keep on hatin' you some LeBron.

All of the old people in this thread crack me up with their generational crap. Lebron is better than anyone in any generation. Accept it and move on.

Look I like Lebron but he isn’t on Jordan’s level historically. Just simply not gonna happen. He is in consideration for the 2-4 spot, but he can’t be the top anymore. And I hate Jordan and rooted Lebron to take his spot. Just not gonna happen. Too much roster jumping and not enough hardware. Doesn’t attract the best to play with him.

Lebron is a crazy talent but the Jordan conversation is over. He had a window it closed.
Where does Bill Russell fall on your list? He has quite a bit more hardware than MJ.

Reactions: Cowboys&Wildcats
You continue to prove that you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Magic had Kareem, Worthy, McAdoo.
Bill Russell had a team littered with HOF’ers.
Same with Wilt.

But yeah, only LeBron needed superstar teammates to win titles.
Do you not get the fact that those teams come together naturally? Lebron LEFT his team to join other hall of famers. Did Bird do that? No. Did Magic? No.DId Bill? No. You are the one who does not get it.

Point proven. You go on to make 3 completely ignorant posts directly after quoting me. You've made a damn fool of yourself for going on 3 pages now and every time you post you do it again. You say something silly, then you get quoted by 5 people each time shutting your dumb shit down. It's pretty hilarious, honestly.
Its obvious that all you can do is insult instead of actually bringing facts to a conversation. Get back to your mom's basement now internet tough guy. Just like with a lot of others on here, you are probably a real puppy dog in real life but there is so much missing for you that you must make your self feel important by talking tough on a message board with an anonymous name. See ya, now get back to talking tough.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah. You hate you some LeBron, so you make consistently idiotic statements to try and make it look like a rational thing.

Whatever. You're a doof, and anyone reading this thread sees it immediately.

Who were the "really good role players" on the Heat, BTW? That roster was LeBron, aging Wade, Bosh, and a collective pile of garbage.

Whether you're capable of understanding it or not, LeBron has been shoehorned into situations without any stability, whereas a lot of other great players, including Jordan, had teams that were either in place when they arrived, or developed around them.

One of the weird things about LeBron's career, at least as far as I'm concerned, is the extent to which it's been so difficult to find the right mix of guys to put around him. He's such a willing passer, and yet somehow he hasn't found as comfortable a fit as some other great players who seemed far more selfish (Jordan, and, most of all, Kobe). The LeBron/Wade/Bosh combo never seemed like a comfortable thing (probably a big part of why it only lasted 4 years), and neither did LeBron/Irving/Love (not helped at all by the fact that both those guys ranged from mediocre to pathetic on defense).

But all of this is above your head, anyway. So just keep on hatin' you some LeBron.
LMAO..another message board tough guy. I will giv you guys one thing, you do stick together. Lebron,Wade and Bosh were not comfortable? Well, I guess that is why they won multiple titles together huh? That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard anyone say. Again, you are probably 15 and only knew Jordan via youtube and think Lebron is wayyyyyyy better, right? lol..yea, thought so. Bye the way retard, Wade was right in his prime when Lebron came, so try again big baby. However, since you want to insult your way out of an argument since you are hiding behind your trusty keyboard, I am ignoring you now.

LMAO..another message board tough guy. I will giv you guys one thing, you do stick together. Lebron,Wade and Bosh were not comfortable? Well, I guess that is why they won multiple titles together huh? That is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard anyone say. Again, you are probably 15 and only knew Jordan via youtube and think Lebron is wayyyyyyy better, right? lol..yea, thought so. Bye the way retard, Wade was right in his prime when Lebron came, so try again big baby. However, since you want to insult your way out of an argument since you are hiding behind your trusty keyboard, I am ignoring you now.
Dumb

Ass

Oh yea, u r ignored now as well.

Yeah youre right about everything. Lebron is a notch above God.

Keep on worshipping a whiny flopper and ill continue rooting for players with integrity for the game.

I mean look how hurt you are. You think enjoying this greatness somehow compromises the integrity of the game?

Go ahead and name the guys you cheer for. I'm excited to see that list.

Do you not get the fact that those teams come together naturally? Lebron LEFT his team to join other hall of famers. Did Bird do that? No. Did Magic? No.DId Bill? No. You are the one who does not get it.

How many times are you gonna move the goalposts? First it was no other superstar had HOF help. Now it’s that they didn’t come together “naturally”. I mean forget the fact that Bird’s Celtics, Magic’s Lakers weren’t formed naturally. Most of those guys came there via trades.

Boo LeBron for having the temerity to take his destiny into his own hands instead of having an incompetent management put together spare parts for him.

How many times are you gonna move the goalposts? First it was no other superstar had HOF help. Now it’s that they didn’t come together “naturally”. I mean forget the fact that Bird’s Celtics, Magic’s Lakers weren’t formed naturally. Most of those guys came there via trades.

Boo LeBron for having the temerity to take his destiny into his own hands instead of having an incompetent management put together spare parts for him.
Durant is in the same boat in my mind.

I mean look how hurt you are. You think enjoying this greatness somehow compromises the integrity of the game?

Go ahead and name the guys you cheer for. I'm excited to see that list.

Hurt? Gtfoh. I just have to keep responding to this thread because you guys wont let it die.

I dont like Lebron. What else needs to be said? Why do I have to? Because he did the Y??? Cmon..

Ive rooted for the Warriors since I moved out here years ago and the increase in Stephs flopping the last year or two has been an issue for me as well. Hate that the league permits such behaviour especially when I see kids in junior league imitating it. Bad for the game, and if youre making a claim for the GOAT...why do it??? Nothing compares to the amount Lebron does and it's common knowledge, nothing ground breaking Im saying here.

Look I like Lebron but he isn’t on Jordan’s level historically. Just simply not gonna happen. He is in consideration for the 2-4 spot, but he can’t be the top anymore. And I hate Jordan and rooted Lebron to take his spot. Just not gonna happen. Too much roster jumping and not enough hardware. Doesn’t attract the best to play with him.

Lebron is a crazy talent but the Jordan conversation is over. He had a window it closed.

I don’t get involved in this discussion cause it’s largely stupid. That said, this drew my attention.

You take Scotty Pippen away from Jordan, he is greatly diminished. LaBron stands on his own. To say he is not in the conversation is, well, stupid like I said.

Trying to split hairs between the top 5 or 6 is just going to lead to pissing contests. The thing about James is not only is he in that conversation, but is there for more than one position. Truly position less.

Hurt? Gtfoh. I just have to keep responding to this thread because you guys wont let it die.

I dont like Lebron. What else needs to be said? Why do I have to? Because he did the Y??? Cmon..

Ive rooted for the Warriors since I moved out here years ago and the increase in Stephs flopping the last year or two has been an issue for me as well. Hate that the league permits such behaviour especially when I see kids in junior league imitating it. Bad for the game, and if youre making a claim for the GOAT...why do it??? Nothing compares to the amount Lebron does and it's common knowledge, nothing ground breaking Im saying here.

Yes hurt, because your reasons are dramatic personal feelings. It's not as if he's destroying the game of basketball.

Besides, to act like LeBron James of all people is responsible for that is insane. I played little league basketball in the 90s, middle school in the early 2000s, and high school basketball after that, and it happened at every level, frequently. LeBron wasn't in the NBA until my 8th grade year.

What you're mad at is shitty parenting and a complete lack of competitive perspective, which is far more in line with hating an athlete for some weird personal reasons than it is with how an Nba player acts.

You still didn't list the players you actually like. Which great players are worthy? Let's open them up for comparitive criticism.

Yes hurt, because your reasons are dramatic personal feelings. It's not as if he's destroying the game of basketball.

Besides, to act like LeBron James of all people is responsible for that is insane. I played little league basketball in the 90s, middle school in the early 2000s, and high school basketball after that, and it happened at every level, frequently. LeBron wasn't in the NBA until my 8th grade year.

What you're mad at is shitty parenting and a complete lack of competitive perspective, which is far more in line with hating an athlete for some weird personal reasons than it is with how an Nba player acts.

You still didn't list the players you actually like. Which great players are worthy? Let's open them up for comparitive criticism.

I just listed who I follow and even the issues I have with one of them.

I played ball until college same as you and I never saw any flopping at any of those levels and if it happened, I don't remember. Of course, Im guessing I am about 10 yrs older than you.

Look Lebrons a great talent. Freak athlete. Deadly combination. No one can take that away.

The flopping and whining tho...just too much for me. It tends to negate all the other stuff hes great at.

I'll give you the first three, but your inclusion of "Bill Walton", as if he's the same as the others, is just dumb.

Bird only played with Walton for one season at the very end of his career, Walton was a washed up hobbled shell of the player he'd once been at that time, and did not start.

It is true Walton did a damn nice job that season contributing off the bench, but the notion that his hobbled old man presence for one season diminishes the credit Bird deserves is just laughable.

Last edited:
I'll give you the first three, but your inclusion of "Bill Walton", as if he's the same as the others, is just dumb.

Bird really only played with Walton for one season at the very end of his career, Walton was a washed up hobbled shell of the player he'd once been at that time, and did not start.

It is true Walton did a damn nice job that season contributing off the bench, but the notion that his hobbled old man presence for one season diminishes the credit Bird deserves is just laughable.

Who said anything about diminishing Bird?All the post showed was the HOF’ers that other greats played with. It was in response to a poster claiming that no one else played on a stacked team.

Was Bill Walton a HOF’er? End of story.

I just listed who I follow and even the issues I have with one of them.

I played ball until college same as you and I never saw any flopping at any of those levels and if it happened, I don't remember. Of course, Im guessing I am about 10 yrs older than you.

Look Lebrons a great talent. Freak athlete. Deadly combination. No one can take that away.

The flopping and whining tho...just too much for me. It tends to negate all the other stuff hes great at.

Sounds like 90s kids grew up flopping because we watched Michael Jordan. [laughing]

Look Mr. LeBron responders, I like the guy. I think he's a good guy and hell of a player. Could he be the best? I guess, but Jordan won't be dethroned by LeBron. Not in a historical sense. That's just a fact. Unless he turns it up bigly over the next 6 years. The roster jumping will not help if he leaves again. Jordan caused his damage with one franchise. Maybe it's not fair, but it's how it's going to be viewed so you might as well accept it.

That's what I was getting at.

Dude the Bulls won 55 games WITHOUT Jordan, they were STACKED. What in the world are you talking about. This Cavs team is basically Lebron, a middling Kevin Love, and a bunch of role players.

I doubt this Cavs team would win 25 games if you take LeBron off it. These players are not very good. Check out the Indiana series where no player scored 20 points in a game except LeBron in a 7 game series.

Was Bill Walton a HOF’er? End of story.

This is just simple-headed stupid thinking. Playing with an "HOF'er" only means something if you did so when the player is still in or near hall of fame form, NOT at the very end of a career when just a broken-down hobbled shell of one's former self.

You know, another HOF'er Lebron played with was Shaq in 09-10. Do you think that means the same thing as Kobe playing with Shaq from 96 to 04?

Last edited:

I always wondered, what does it feel like to be retarded? Because you clearly are. I've posted plenty of facts in this thread that you just casually ignore just so you can spout your nonsense that gets shut down by multiple people every. single. time. Nothing you said has been facts, only opinions that are wrong. You said there's 30 players better in the NBA today than Scottie Pippen. That's not a fact, that's just a dumb ass opinion. And one that if you truly believe, then you actually are retarded. That's not an insult, THAT's a fact. You're the only one throwing insults and name calling. Usually when someone results to the mom's basements "jokes", it's because they're throwing stones in the glass house. You've probably not even watched basketball in the last 15 years and are still living off Jordan's memory. Also, how are you going to call someone a retard and use the wrong form of the word "by" in the same sentence? Ironic much? Also, "big baby"? I don't recall whining about anything to even justify that response.. That's just you digging in the insults for dummies book. You're the only one throwing insults for no reason.

How do you get that Wade was in his prime when he was drafted in the same year as Lebron and is 2 years older? I guess that's why he got worse every single year after. Do you know what prime means? I guess that's why in year 15, Wade is averaging 11.4/3.8/3.4 and can barely walk, and LeBron is averaging 27.5/8.6/9.1..

31960160_10156609394413643_7702151052186877952_o.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT