ADVERTISEMENT

LaVar Ball's Sons

^^^Exactly^^^
Tennis isn't a sport where physical development plays a large role. Team sports that are physical play a big role on whether less developed athletes of talent can compete at a high level against professionals. This is mostly only possible in Individual sports. Golf is another sport a 16 year old has a chance for success at before they fully develop.

Yep. The earlier you start the better you are and your game is all you. It's a one person sport. As they get bigger and stronger they continue to hit the ball harder.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Agreed. I mean possibly Lebron at 16 Possibly ... But if your argument needs a once every few decades player who is arguably the best/ or top 3 nba player of all time then that should tell you something.

Even lebron was skinny as hell when he was 16. He could have played but those extra two years gave him the muscle to play NBA ball.

I think the last may have been George Blanda...the guy played football into his fifties...other than that not sure when he started. I know Al Kaline played pro baseball at 17 but dang that's a whole lot different than football or even basketball...(Nah, just checked George was 22...)

Did you not know that Blanda played college football? Hint: he played for UK.

Reactions: BBUK
What? Can you explain you basis for thinking this?

Any wealth the latter two kids have is very much in the nature of temporary wealth that'll dry up in an instant. Neither have any sort of long term contractual security, neither presently have any job/direct income, and they ain't worth more than peanuts playing overseas right now.

And Lavar's "Big Baller" thing ain't the kind of company that's built to last, instead it's the sort of fly by night operation that tends to collapse just as fast as it rose.

The whole company was founded on the premise that his sons were the stars of the future, and thus it would be cool for kids to wear their products. Well, that myth is already being exposed as bullshit. Lonzo's a disappointment for the Lakers. The middle kid is a dud who'll never play college ball or in the NBA. And, although it's still too early to tell with the third kid, the fact that he'll never play college ball and won't be eligible for the draft for years ain't a good sign.

Once the Ball boys stop being a cool thing for kids to emulate, Bill Baller Brand will collapse like a house of cards.

When you're a sideshow like this, opportunities show up. Look at the Kardashians....not a single one has a talent in the world, but because they're in the middle of drama, they get shows, clothing companies, perfumes, people wanting their name on their product.

Father Ball is a perfect example. You don't think financial opportunities have been brought to him? I bet we'd be shocked on what he passed on. Worst case scenario--- the E channel offers them a reality show and make millions. And don't tell me they haven't already reached out to them for shooting a show. I mean, even I'd watch it for a few mins and I hate that crap.

Only way these kids screw up financially is if they get into drugs.

How so? Where's the money coming from?

Circus shows always have offers from everything to movies, shows, clothing lines etc. We crave idiocy. The Kardashians, honey boo boo, flavor flav, the jersey shore crew. Anything we find ridiculous makes millions. These kids don't fade away, especially with that arrogant father that knows EXACTLY how to make headlines. I guarantee that family has a reality show if they all bomb out of the NBA.

Agreed. I mean possibly Lebron at 16 Possibly ... But if your argument needs a once every few decades player who is arguably the best/ or top 3 nba player of all time then that should tell you something.
Maybe some (many) posters just like to be obtuse, disagree and like to argue... just sayin.
Some here, are like the UL board...they would argue anything.
You could say "water is wet" and get a few to disagree....

Too bad they can’t get the agent thing “undone”. I wonder if they got away from their dad if they could break contracts and get NCAA to forgive?

Wait, aren’t they too young to sign with agent anyway?

After UNC debacle I really almost hate college basketball.
Brother I have agree with you !! After that garbage I just don't enjoy collage basketball the way I used to. I honestly feel that the game has lost the sprit and lacks the integrity for lack of a better term I guess

Brother I have agree with you !! After that garbage I just don't enjoy collage basketball the way I used to. I honestly feel that the game has lost the sprit and lacks the integrity for lack of a better term I guess
I'm getting there...

Reactions: UKUGA
What? Can you explain you basis for thinking this?

Any wealth the latter two kids have is very much in the nature of temporary wealth that'll dry up in an instant. Neither have any sort of long term contractual security, neither presently have any job/direct income, and they ain't worth more than peanuts playing overseas right now.

And Lavar's "Big Baller" thing ain't the kind of company that's built to last, instead it's the sort of fly by night operation that tends to collapse just as fast as it rose.

The whole company was founded on the premise that his sons were the stars of the future, and thus it would be cool for kids to wear their products. Well, that myth is already being exposed as bullshit. Lonzo's a disappointment for the Lakers. The middle kid is a dud who'll never play college ball or in the NBA. And, although it's still too early to tell with the third kid, the fact that he'll never play college ball and won't be eligible for the draft for years ain't a good sign.

Once the Ball boys stop being a cool thing for kids to emulate, Bill Baller Brand will collapse like a house of cards.

Lamelo has 3.1 million followers on Instagram. Now that he’s officially a pro and doesn’t care about NCAA eligibility anymore he could make a lot of money there really fast. It’s hard to wrap your mind around this day and age but there’s a ton of money to be made there.

ETA: and Liangelo has 1.9 million followers.

Reactions: UKUGA
Lamelo has 3.1 million followers on Instagram. Now that he’s officially a pro and doesn’t care about NCAA eligibility anymore he could make a lot of money there really fast. It’s hard to wrap your mind around this day and age but there’s a ton of money to be made there.

ETA: and Liangelo has 1.9 million followers.

Something about the adage of the blind leading the...jmusao

Reactions: Fox2monk
ADVERTISEMENT