ADVERTISEMENT

Latest Baseball Commitment

parrott

Sophomore
Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville KY
One of the latest commitments appears to be one of the strongest - Austin Schultz who is a 5'10" 185 lb. MINF who plays SS in HS. He is 2018.

Perfect Game rates him a 9.5 out of a possible 10 - which means he borders on a High Draft pick or Elite level college prospect.

Another one in the 2018 class is Orlando Adams JR who is a 6-0, 210 lb. catcher from ATL who has received some good reviews.

There are commits in the '19 and '20 classes as well who are highly regarded.

Getting that guy on campus would be huge. We haven't had a great all round short stop in quite a while. Getting him would seemingly go a long way to changing that.

Cats picked up another '19 commit from Ron Cole - 6-2, 180 lb RHP from NJ.

Projects well per Perfect Game. FB in 88-90 range. Loose motion and release.

We do have some advantage in being one of the northernmost SEC teams. New Jersey is going east also.

Pretty good sized kid. Perfect game also says he has a 4.0. Like to see that. Get a few more ticks on that fastball and he'll project nicely.

Looks like another '19 commitment for the Cats - Sam Wibbels a 6-2 195 lb RHP from Hastings NE.

Grades out to a 9.5 on the Perfect Game score which is exceptional. 92-93 MPH fastball with a change at 84. Also an excellent student.

This kid may be tough to keep out of the draft. In one of the PG events in July, he struck out 15 in 6 innings, no hits with 1 walk. Nice.

Looks like another '19 commitment for the Cats - Sam Wibbels a 6-2 195 lb RHP from Hastings NE.

Grades out to a 9.5 on the Perfect Game score which is exceptional. 92-93 MPH fastball with a change at 84. Also an excellent student.

This kid may be tough to keep out of the draft. In one of the PG events in July, he struck out 15 in 6 innings, no hits with 1 walk. Nice.

15 though 6 is pretty incredible. Would love to have a kid like that here at UK. I feel like in the past Henderson would get these project guys who are big and throw hard and he'd hope to get them to find some control, but many of them were largely unable to do so. They'd have some really good games throwing some big time heat, but they'd also struggle with control and would give up a ton of walks. This is the type of guy who seems like he could hit spots and has control of a fastball with some good heat as well as a good changeup. Sounds like he has swing and miss stuff with plenty of control. He'll certainly be hard to keep out of the majors, but he'd be an amazing asset to have.

Reactions: parrott
By the way, Parrot... thanks for all the work you do with finding these commitments. I know it isn't extremely easy, especially with JUCO kids.

I'd like to point out that Perfect Game says that we have 10 high school guys already committed for 2019. I don't know how many UK is looking to take, but if I had to imagine I would think they'd be wrapping up 2019 sometime soon.

Have found that the JUCO kids are usually later in their commitments - not sure if it's due to them playing summer leagues and the HS kids doing camps or not ?

Have found that the JUCO kids are usually later in their commitments - not sure if it's due to them playing summer leagues and the HS kids doing camps or not ?

Yea... they seem to come later. I think part of that might also be that coaches want to feel out how these high school kids are going to do and where they are being predicted in terms of going pro/college. Still, I know that it is hard to find the JUCO kids commitments because there really isn't (to my knowledge) a centralized place that lists them. As far as I can tell the only way to do it is to keep a keen eye on Twitter.

That site, Perfect Game, has us 7th in 2017 (5th in the SEC), 18th in 2018 (8th in SEC), and 19th in 2019 (9th in the SEC). Recruiting so well nationally but in the middle of the pack in the SEC is crazy.

That site, Perfect Game, has us 7th in 2017 (5th in the SEC), 18th in 2018 (8th in SEC), and 19th in 2019 (9th in the SEC). Recruiting so well nationally but in the middle of the pack in the SEC is crazy.

7th in the nation and 5th in the SEC is just freaking insane.

ADVERTISEMENT