ADVERTISEMENT

Last time we lost 4 in a row??

It’s a down year by our standards, you can’t be in the hunt every season. Hopefully we will see this team improve some before the year is over and create some excitement for next year.

Reactions: kywildcatfever
We will have 3-4 guys go pro. We will have to see some tremendous growth by the remaining guys who stay on the team to be a great team next year.

We will have 3-4 guys go pro. We will have to see some tremendous growth by the remaining guys who stay on the team to be a great team next year.

No, we won't. Two would be max, though we do have a couple of D-Leaguers should they try to force it.

If these guys come back they will be better. Need to get better guard play and learn how to post up and score down low.
These guys look like they will be Gabriel type sophomores, not Terrence Jones or even WCS type sophomores. I don't think guard play is helping with a bunch of Wenyen Gabriels.

Knox is the only one that should leave. No one else on this team is ready for the NBA.

With the exception of the West Virginia game, this team has not bee able to close games. They have had leads late or been close, but collapse down the stretch. It's a lack of on-floor leadership or experience, or probably both.

Reactions: UKUGA
Tell A
It’s a down year by our standards, you can’t be in the hunt every season. Hopefully we will see this team improve some before the year is over and create some excitement for next year.
Tell Alabama football fans that. How can UK bball fans just except this as a down year? We didn't become the winningest program by accepting anything less than the best.

If you get guys back and have a solid team for next year, people will write this year off. But lose 3 or more off this team and next year won't be a whole different than this year. People are going to lose their minds.

Reactions: kev69
That’s what sucks about this system here. Every kid thinks they’re amazing and one and done. We’re losing guys who have no business going pro at all. How do Briscoe and Humphries go? Harrison twins weren’t even projected to be first round and some not to be drafted at all.

That’s what sucks. Losing guys who are not NBA-ready while Duke, Kansas and UNC can keep better talent longer periods.

It’s one thing for us to know they’re not good enough but these kids think they are and it’s why we can’t seem to keep many.

Tell A

Tell Alabama football fans that. How can UK bball fans just except this as a down year? We didn't become the winningest program by accepting anything less than the best.

Indeed since our first tournament appearance in 1942, we've made at least the Elite Eight about every other year on average. So that gives you an idea of what UK standards are.

That’s what sucks about this system here. Every kid thinks they’re amazing and one and done. We’re losing guys who have no business going pro at all. How do Briscoe and Humphries go? Harrison twins weren’t even projected to be first round and some not to be drafted at all.

That’s what sucks. Losing guys who are not NBA-ready while Duke, Kansas and UNC can keep better talent longer periods.

It’s one thing for us to know they’re not good enough but these kids think they are and it’s why we can’t seem to keep many.

Ding Ding Ding! This is my biggest complaint in the Cal era. His system caters heavily to the one and done guys. If you aren't one of those guys, why would you stay or even commit in the first place? To get yelled at and get pulled from the game after making one mistake? Cal is a victim of his own success but I'm afraid his stubbornness will eventually wear on him and perhaps the BBN.

Knox, SGA, Diallo, and Vanderbilt are already out the door.

Nobody knows who will leave at this point but if I were pushed to give my thoughts I’d agree with this. SGA, Knox, Diallo, and Vanderbilt have zero reason to think they’re ready for the NBA but they’ll take the chance. Cal will be right there encouraging them to chase their dreams. SMH.

Tell A

Your demanding has won jack ish, Rupp built this thing without demanding. I know fans like to think they are the driving force and the reason this thing goes but you’re wrong. Being unrealistic and recognizing that this is not a strong year does nothing to diminish the program. Take a step back and think about it.

Our guys are just soft and have little confidence. They can play with anyone for a bit, but once it gets rough, they fade and become rattled. Crowd gets into it and they're toast. They get nervous, make terrible passes. It's like they are afraid of it.

Both of Billy Gillispie's teams (2009,2008) had four loss steaks
No Tubby Smith team ever lost four in row
Rick Pitino's 1990 probation team lost five in a row
Eddie Sutton's 1989 team lost six in a row
Joe B Hall's 1985 team lost four in a row as did the 1974 team
No Adolph Rupp team ever lost four in a row

Reactions: Rockford
And no Adolph Rupp team (or Joe B Hall team for that matter) ever had a losing record (I don't know what went wrong with 1967 where we just broke even). 1989 (no not the Taylor Swift album) is still the only team since 1927 to have a losing record, and I'm sure Eddie Sutton being a lame duck coach didn't help matters at all. And have you guys seen the 1990 team picture with only eight guys in jerseys?? There's more guys in suits than in jerseys! Now if that's not hitting rock bottom I don't know what is. :(

1989-90.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT