ADVERTISEMENT

Larry Nance Jr got robbed!!

I thought it’d been cool if Nance Sr had dunked it and then Jr came behind him and grabbed it out of the net and redunked it

Reactions: drcats2013
The dunk contest is terrible. They should do away with it and find something more entertaining to take up the time. This year’s was awful from start to finish.

Reactions: CalCat57
This is the whole NBA in a nutshell for me.
I watch the NBA nightly. I think it is a great product. I really think most people's criticism (no defense, no team play) is misplaced because no one around Kentucky watches.

They commented after the dunk that MJ had altered the dunk afterwards so it was never quite the same.

Yep. The cool thing about that dunk is that it honored his dad who did it first.

But the problem is SO many guys in the last 35 years have done it better (especially MJ) that it's lost its impact. It was a really cool dunk in the early 80s, but not after what we've seen in the decades since.

Bringing an early 80s dunk to a 21st Century dunk contest is kinda like bringing a knife to gun fight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cindog28
This is the whole NBA in a nutshell for me.

I think the NBA is great this year. Probably the best it has been in 10 years. I think more people would like it if they’d watch more of it and realize it’s a different game than college ball. I wish the NCAA would adopt most of the NBA rules.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I think the NBA is great this year. Probably the best it has been in 10 years. I think more people would like it if they’d watch more of it and realize it’s a different game than college ball. I wish the NCAA would adopt most of the NBA rules.

Was a big NBA fan in the 80's and most of the 90's. When the bulls broke up I lost a little interest for a bit and then the league started the whole drafting on potential garbage and they have lost me ever since. I am sure the product is ok but I have a great disdain for the NBA in what they have done to college basketball and until that changes I will not even begin to have any interest in league.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT