ADVERTISEMENT

Lane Kiffin and Matt Rhule

If Nebraska gets Matt rhule, they never had serious interest in stoops other than someone way down a list.

If Nebraska gets Matt rhule, they never had serious interest in stoops other than someone way down a list.
Even if they had serious interest in Stoops he didn’t have any interest in them. Stoops is here for a while longer. Would not surprise me if he ends up retiring here. He has as he said put down roots here and this is home. Plus 9mil a year will help home feel very comfortable

Heard it reported today Kiffin met with player saying he was staying. I wonder if anyone knows for sure what going to happen.

Heard it reported today Kiffin met with player saying he was staying. I wonder if anyone knows for sure what going to happen.
Always hard to tell. The verbiage I saw was he said he wanted them to know he hadn’t accepted any job. That’s not the same as saying he won’t take one. Although he’s put out a lot of things the last two days poking fun of the report for him to turn around and take it. It’s all just words until after the games this week. I guess we’ll see

Reactions: RogCat1119

I don't know for sure, but AU board were talking who lane was going to bring whim as his staff Tuesday. We'd after lunch they were in meltdown mode because it was looking they were going to miss on Kiffin and end up with Freeze. Typical AU move, they hired a BB coach who was a proven cheater, now looking like they could be on the same path for football. If they can't pull Muschamp or Schuman, or Co DCs, they are going after Pruitt as DC.

Anyways, word of him staying at OM has hit the AU board. Funny part is this happened after AU presented him with a formal offer. Honestly, I could see Kiffin handling things like that.

Reactions: Rockford
I don't know for sure, but AU board were talking who lane was going to bring whim as his staff Tuesday. We'd after lunch they were in meltdown mode because it was looking they were going to miss on Kiffin and end up with Freeze. Typical AU move, they hired a BB coach who was a proven cheater, now looking like they could be on the same path for football. If they can't pull Muschamp or Schuman, or Co DCs, they are going after Pruitt as DC.

Anyways, word of him staying at OM has hit the AU board. Funny part is this happened after AU presented him with a formal offer. Honestly, I could see Kiffin handling things like that.
This sounds like his agent, Jimmy Sexton, trying to "Mark Stoops " the Ole Miss AD. Get Auburn hot and bothered, leak an imminent contract, and voila - big raise and extension to stay at Ole Miss.

Not sure what they are paying him but he's worth more than Stoops. Has a much higher ceiling.

Maybe but it just doesn’t feel right…Kiffen was talking about Ole Miss building a facility “that doesn’t have water raining down on us while we practice”

Always hard to tell. The verbiage I saw was he said he wanted them to know he hadn’t accepted any job. That’s not the same as saying he won’t take one. Although he’s put out a lot of things the last two days poking fun of the report for him to turn around and take it. It’s all just words until after the games this week. I guess we’ll see
Even if Kiffin was willing to leave Ole Miss, why would he want to work for Auburn? That is asking for trouble. It would be more money, but it is a career killer. If more money is what he wants, Kiffin can get a pay boost somewhere else.

Reactions: bigblueinsanity

Why would it matter if you hired a cheater? Kansas head coach caught on tape paying players and just hung and banner in basketball. UNC didn't even require it's athletes to attend college and hung a banner. UT gave money out in McDonald's bags and was in the playoff hunt with one week left. Cheating no longer matters with the NCAA.

Why would it matter if you hired a cheater? Kansas head coach caught on tape paying players and just hung and banner in basketball. UNC didn't even require it's athletes to attend college and hung a banner. UT gave money out in McDonald's bags and was in the playoff hunt with one week left. Cheating no longer matters with the NCAA.

I don't guess it would if you have no ethics or morals. Considering Hugh Freeze who's history goes far beyond his phone calls at OM what is a little breaking of NCAA rules?

This sounds like his agent, Jimmy Sexton, trying to "Mark Stoops " the Ole Miss AD. Get Auburn hot and bothered, leak an imminent contract, and voila - big raise and extension to stay at Ole Miss.

Not sure what they are paying him but he's worth more than Stoops. Has a much higher ceiling.
The difference would be stoops has never been 1 on somebody's list. he gets on the list as the solid fall back guy. He's more likely at a nebraska or iowa than anything in the sec

• Haha
Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
Kiffin's well-oiled machine's spitting and sputtering at season's end. Maybe all the OM talk took an unseen toll on him and OM. Perhaps some at OM wishes he'd take the Auburn job. For me personally, as long as he keeps pissing off TN fans I don't care what he does.

Rhule may be the best of the 2, Auburn may regret not being able to secure him.
And here is the thing … Carolina is still on the hook for Rhule for $40 Million …. And school that gets him will only pay him a small portion. Any contract he signs with a college offsets what the Panthers owe him.

Rhule may be the best of the 2, Auburn may regret not being able to secure him.

Kiffin took OM out of the game last night. Calling 2 time outs on a 2 pt conversion may not be the worst management at the end of a game, but I can't think of a worse one now.

Reactions: mrschwump
Not true … Matt Rhule will not lose one dollar … From Pro Football Talk

Rhule, 47, turned around Temple and Baylor before getting the Panthers job. He was fired in October, during this third season on the job.

The development will reduce, if not eliminate (depending on the value of the contract) the buyout owed by Panthers owner David Tepper to Rhule. And that was one of the primary reasons for firing Rhule when Tepper did — to give the coach maximum time to get a prime job that would entail the most possible compensation from a new employer, and thus the least from his old one.

Nebraska fired Scott Frost earlier this season. He was hired in 2018.

Rhule, 47, turned around Temple and Baylor before getting the Panthers job. He was fired in October, during this third season on the job.

The development will reduce, if not eliminate (depending on the value of the contract) the buyout owed by Panthers owner David Tepper to Rhule. And that was one of the primary reasons for firing Rhule when Tepper did — to give the coach maximum time to get a prime job that would entail the most possible compensation from a new employer, and thus the least from his old one.

No he won't lose a dollar but that isn't what they're saying. The point is he's getting paid the same whether he coaches or sits at home. The humor is intended to be that makes him crazy or at least a poor decision maker

Maybe there's confusion because you are saying the same thing with your quote. Matt Rhule isn't going to be paid his Panther's salary and also his new Nebraska salary.

The tweet is glibly saying if he did nothing the Panthers contractually owe him to sit at home. Or go work in TV like Mullen did this year which allowed him to double dip.

...Like Eddie Gran last year making $900k from UK to hunt and fish (and would have made that again this year but he came back to work so I always assumed there was a renegotiation).

...UK's first year with Derrick Ansley in 2013 had UT paying most of his salary. UK got a deal on him.

Reactions: The Public Enemy
Maybe there's confusion because you are saying the same thing with your quote. Matt Rhule isn't going to be paid his Panther's salary and also his new Nebraska salary.

The tweet is glibly saying if he did nothing the Panthers contractually owe him to sit at home. Or go work in TV like Mullen did this year which allowed him to double dip.

...Like Eddie Gran last year making $900k from UK to hunt and fish (and would have made that again this year but he came back to work so I always assumed there was a renegotiation).

...UK's first year with Derrick Ansley in 2013 had UT paying most of his salary. UK got a deal on him.
It was the tweet that said he was giving up $40 Million … my point is he isn’t losing anything. Yes he could sit at home but he wants to get back into the game,

I do wonder with the Panthers contract it should free up Nebraska to have an even larger Assistant Coaches pool so he can attract the best to his staff if he takes the job

It was the tweet that said he was giving up $40 Million … my point is he isn’t losing anything. Yes he could sit at home but he wants to get back into the game,

I do wonder with the Panthers contract it should free up Nebraska to have an even larger Assistant Coaches pool so he can attract the best to his staff if he takes the job

His contract was different and had some clauses that had to be worked out before he took a college job. I don't know those details but it wasn't a regular contract.

Want to see the contract details on this one.

Plus Neb paying Frosty $15M

it will not be that bad since David Tepper the owner of the Carolina Panthers is on the hook for Rhule …. From Pro Football Talk

Given that Nebraska is a public university, the details of Rhule’s deal eventually will be released. One thing that may never be known is the impact of the contract on Rhule’s buyout from the Panthers.

The Carolina contract has a dollar-for-dollar offset, based on what he makes in a new job. But everything is negotiable. Rhule won’t want to work for free or for something close to it. For Panthers owner David Tepper, saving some of the money by having Rhule take the job is better than paying 100 cents on the dollar of everything that is owed.

While Tepper has no legal obligation to reveal the details of any reduction to Rhule’s buyout, if there’s a really good outcome for Rhule, the agent who negotiated it will surely tell someone in the media about it.

Reactions: Rockford
ADVERTISEMENT