ADVERTISEMENT

LANCE WARE - Spalding HoopHall Classic (Jan 2020)

UKPhilly

Junior
Jan 19, 2005
(Jan 2020) – LANCE WARE – Camden H. S. (Camden, NJ) – 2020 Spalding HoopHall Classic. 2020 class. 6’9”; 215 lbs; PF; Ranked #36, 4-star by 247Sports. In a thriller, beat Rancho Christian School (Temecula, CA) 61-59. Ware, a lefty, faced off against #1 7-footer Evan Mobley, out-scoring him 18-14. (An aside, it seems the Rancho Christian team, and/or coach doesn’t seem to want to run their offense through Mobley. Weird!) I’ve seen Ware play a few times and this was, by far, the best game I have seen from him. Playing all 32 minutes, he exhibited the kind of energy and fight Calipari loves. He battled on the boards, out rebounding Mobley 14-6, to go along with his 4 steals. Mobley, on the other hand, had 4 assists and 4 blocks. Lance really ran the court hit the offensive boards, and quickly outlet on D rebounds. The 3 things I like most about Lance in this game was: (1) ENERGY & FIGHT, (2) quick outlets, and (3) no hesitation to make a move when get the ball in the paint. Ware will have to get stronger to rebound at the college level. He also needs to improve his shooting as well as his FT shooting (hit around 50% this game). If he works as hard in practice next year as he did in this game, he will become a fan favorite of BBN!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT