ADVERTISEMENT

Laettner's Tweet - What an a-hole!

Tweet him back and ask him how near- bankruptcy is treating him and does he have any remorse for stiffing people/creditors via stupid business deals. He's a loser of the highest order.

Some of you need to chill.

It's all in good fun.

CL is getting his barb in. Same as the jackass Louisville fan at work that got there extra early to see you this morning. It's annoying, doesn't make him a bad person. We'd do it to them too.

None of the comments on here are that bad at all. People love to get their rocks off telling other's how they should react to something. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKEE
Duke and UNC fans won't admit it, but they'd rather pull for each other than pull for UK.

Laettners tweet is pretty clear evidence of that IMO.

It's because they know when one is in the limelight the other will constantly get mentioned and it continues to grow their brand.

I think they both feel as though they've been the best programs in the modern era and UK is really the only threat to that.

Duke and UNC fans won't admit it, but they'd rather pull for each other than pull for UK.

Laettners tweet is pretty clear evidence of that IMO.

It's because they know when one is in the limelight the other will constantly get mentioned and it continues to grow their brand.

I think they both feel as though they've been the best programs in the modern era and UK is really the only threat to that.

Laettner's tweet really isn't clear evidence at all given his history with Kentucky fans and that game. He's played that up over the years since he's always asked about it every March. Did he not coach in Rupp arena for some charity event in 2011 and relished his role in coaching the "villain's team" ? He's even let UK fans take photos with their foot on his chest. He'll always be an ahole but he doesn't love Carolina the way they treated him during his four years.

No real Duke or UNC fan will pull for each other's team under any circumstances.

Laettner's tweet really isn't clear evidence at all given his history with Kentucky fans and that game. He's played that up over the years since he's always asked about it every March. Did he not coach in Rupp arena for some charity event in 2011 and relished his role in coaching the "villain's team" ? He's even let UK fans take photos with their foot on his chest. He'll always be an ahole but he doesn't love Carolina the way they treated him during his four years.

No real Duke or UNC fan will pull for each other's team under any circumstances.

It's pointless to argue. I've already said I don't think any of you would admit it.

Reactions: Bardstown
It's pointless to argue. I've already said I don't think any of you would admit it.

If you're determined to have that narrative then that's your perogative. I can assure you that I know who I was pulling for last night and that you would be pleased with my choice.

If you're determined to have that narrative then that's your perogative. I can assure you that I know who I was pulling for last night and that you would be pleased with my choice.

Wouldn't be the first time I was wrong. [cheers]

His tweet wasn't the dig. He was making light of the irony that in the Elite 8 another #32 from a few miles down the road hit a game winner at the buzzer over UK. The dig was from the author of the article who throws it out there as an insult.

Did I miss something? What did he say that was so bad? Twitter is a cesspool and I don't go on it at all, so maybe I missed something. Are people really upset by what he put with hashtags, or was there something else?

Reactions: augustaky1
It's the overall character and history of the guy. Fans aren't just upset over a some random individual & a damn tweet people. It's Laettner's smug ass attitude and history, people just don't get that before they pass off their judgment over others on how they should respond to something. The tweet gets an article and is on the home page on ESPN under Top Headlines. It gets that buzz because of who Laettner is and what most UK fans think of him. No way a tweet should be considered a top headline but that's the media for you. KSR mentioned it on the show today. Naturally people are going to talk about it and get the reaction that it does.

Last edited:
C'mon, folks... a big white guy wearing the number 32 from a Tobacco Road school hits a buzzer beater in the Elite 8 to prevent Kentucky from reaching the final four? Y'all didn't really think Laettner could possibly resist having fun with all the delicious deja vu's in that storyline, could ya?

And, btw, screw Tobacco Road. As much as we like to bash on UL and IU, the true greatest enemy to UK's position in the sport for decades now has been that ugly 10 mile stretch of pavement between Chapel Hill and Durham.

Laettner had his fun with the Maye shot & a living off the one in '92 but expect Kentucky fans to have a response. You all act like we should just push over and forget, have no response because it's been 25 years and he coached a villain's team for charity. It's fun to still hate that guy and always will be. I won't defend the arrogant prick. It's not about just a tweet as it is the whole grand scheme of things from the shot, the stomp and Laettner just being Laettner. I like to poke fun at the guy any chance just like he does here.

Last edited:
Desperate attempt to steal a headline. Not surprised ESPN gave him one. Look at all the characters involved here Laettner, O' Neal and ESPN. What more do you need to know?

ADVERTISEMENT