ADVERTISEMENT

L. Vaught posting UK fans opinions re Cal

Nope, not at all angry or care about who's positive or negative.

Annoyed at the incessant regurgitation of the same tired "fire Calipari" mantra, yes. At work, if my team kept coming to me with complaints and no solutions (firing Cal is not a solution without having a good plan), I'd eventually fire them because there's nothing more annoying and pointless than whining/complaining and not coming to the table with tangible solutions or clear rationale.

You're going to fail hard if you try to paint me as some kind of Calipari lover, friend.
I didn’t see anything in the article about firing Cal . Maybe I missed it. Or maybe you just jump to extremes ?

Reactions: Cawood86
The same fans on here today are the same ones that refuse to watch UK again as long as Calipari was coach two years ago and they will be here next season also.

I’ll say there just as many that support Calipari in my opinion and know that in the tournament anything can happen, they just don’t call into shows to ask for him to be fired.

The law of average’s bound to catch up with you, he knows what he has to do to get UK where we fans want it, it’s not like he’s all giddy that they their season ended after the first game of the tournament.

Agree. Now whether he does it is a whole other story.

Still down about losing to St Peters …have defended Cal faithfully till that defeat …even in my own house …but I can’t defend him anymore and gotta face facts of what I read repeatedly on this board …In order threads I’ve started …

Maxey, Timeline for our draft guys, ESPN mock draft which is relevant to whether we get guys returning, Sharpe thread which is my last and was factual, KSR trapped with Cal, Cal radio show but my main interest was in asking about Sharpe, a thread about Cal canceling his show and I honestly was disappointed, thread about Brooks, and a thread about St Peters

Is that not acceptable for you ?
Don't worry about what anyone says. Cal has failed UK in the worst possible way the last 2 years. Missed tourney and had a epically bad 9-16 record. Then follows that up with losing in the 1st rouns as a 2 seed.

Not sure what some are expecting folks to post on here.

Reactions: catben and JST390-2
So do you guys spend most of your days looking for articles/videos that solely support your hate for Calipari? I'm not trying to pull a "defend Cal" here, just really curious if you're purposely seeking out anti-Cal rhetoric to re-share on Rafters as some sort of validation for your opinions.

Please let's not get into name calling, "you're just not a real fan" and the like. I'm genuinely curious as to what's going on in your heads right now and why you're so focused on running down any and all anti-Calipari "news" and opinion pieces.

You both are probably in the top 5 of the most aggressive posters about getting Cal out of here since last Thursday (JST has started at least 15 threads alone on wanting Cal gone), so I figured you'd be the best two to ask these questions.
Why do you care and what is it to you who posts what? Seems you think yourself the authority on how everyone should do. Gimme a break.

Reactions: dl51344 and catben
Can you quantify "lots"?

And what does that matter that lots of people follow him? I don't get your point.
Larry Vaught has been covering UK sports for decades. AMazing for someone who purports himself to have hgiher intellect doesn't know that.

Reactions: catben

Annoyed at the incessant regurgitation of the same tired "fire Calipari" mantra, yes. At work, if my team kept coming to me with complaints and no solutions (firing Cal is not a solution without having a good plan), I'd eventually fire them because there's nothing more annoying and pointless than whining/complaining and not coming to the table with tangible solutions or clear rationale.

You're going to fail hard if you try to paint me as some kind of Calipari lover, friend.
Your posts and views are failing hard these days. If you don't care why are you posting about it?

Because it's the same handful of people regurgitating the same shit over and over (and over). Thankfully yesterday and today there has been a decrease in that crap and an increase in recruiting and forward looking team topics, but even then, there are a few that hijack those with "doesn't matter - CCC can't do anything with them anyway...." (reminds me of Randy Quaid in Major League).

I'm pretty sure we're all quite aware that there are people tired of Calipari (and that's fine - we're all fully entitled to our opinions) - it's impossible around here not to be aware thanks to the very loud barking dogs. I just don't understand the repetitive puking of the same crap - points have been made, why beat the horse (I know the answer - the loudest, most repetitive are trying to give the impression of a larger anti-Calipari crowd by keeping the negativity in the forefront of forum posts).

At some point we have to say "ok, we hear you, but until Cal quits or is fired, there's no point in continuing to scream and holler".
YOu need to call someone since you are being forced to do something you don't like. I didn't know you had someone forcing you on this site and forcing you to post. Hang in there.

You're not talking about anything, though. You're just running around the forums saying the same thing and hoping to get more people on board with your opinion. There has been no discussion - it's all complaining and back patting with other complainers around your negative opinions of Calipari. I understand the anger and disappointment, but to keep harping on the same crap and running around the internet looking for confirmation bias to share, well, it's kind of odd.

And this has nothing to do with my feelings. I always chuckle at the "if you don't like it, leave/ignore them" comments. Pretty weak argument and just shows that all you're really interested is hanging with people that share your current opinion. If you could shove out anyone that disagrees with you, you'd probably do it.
Ironic since you're running around in threads complaining about people running around in threads complaining.

TheDude73 …more and more local and national writers are criticizing him also …you spoke of your jobsite earlier …pretty much the squeaky wheel gets the oil in most instances …Cal needs to know UK fans are tired of how the program is being run …I’m 60 so I go a long way back I can tell you all this NBA stuff is not UK bb …and especially when we have nothing majorly to show since 2015 …also, I answered your question above about starting threads and listed my last 10 threads I started for you but you never responded
Don't worry. He just seems to whining about other s whining. Little sad actually.

Reactions: RipThru
So do you guys spend most of your days looking for articles/videos that solely support your hate for Calipari? I'm not trying to pull a "defend Cal" here, just really curious if you're purposely seeking out anti-Cal rhetoric to re-share on Rafters as some sort of validation for your opinions.

Please let's not get into name calling, "you're just not a real fan" and the like. I'm genuinely curious as to what's going on in your heads right now and why you're so focused on running down any and all anti-Calipari "news" and opinion pieces.

You both are probably in the top 5 of the most aggressive posters about getting Cal out of here since last Thursday (JST has started at least 15 threads alone on wanting Cal gone), so I figured you'd be the best two to ask these questions.
Larry Vaught is a huge, highly prominent, mainstream name in terms of CATS coverage and has been for decades. He’s also been firmly in the Cal homer camp for most of Cal’s tenure here. Odd that you intimidate finding this would involve someone looking for hatred.

Reactions: Cawood86
The answers lie within a coach that has spewed BS and LIED to the fans for so long, why shouldn’t we complain about the situation???

Cal came out last Summer and proclaimed that those who made fun of or laughed at UK basketball better get it out of their system now because in 2022 he would remember and make them all pay. So how did that work out? MORE B_LL _HIT!!!

So, the ONLY recourse we have is complaining loud enough for him to ACTUALLY change. Highlighting those in the media that agree with our anger and disappointment helps heighten the pressure on Cal to stop just drawing a $9 million/year salary and get that fire back that he had when we hired him to prove himself again.

Cal holds ALL THE CARDS. Thanks Mitch.
Apparently some either don't remember that or have memory holed it because they just love Cal so much.

Reactions: catben
You just repeated the same complaints that we've all heard and even said 1000s of times over the last 2-3 years. Nothing at all new there to discuss.

I guess I'm of the opinion that there's no sense in bitching incessantly - Cal has that absurd buy out and is going nowhere unless UK doesn't make the tournament next year and/or the year after. Even then, I'd be shocked if he left or was fired with that buyout hanging over UK. Not because I want him to stay forever, but because it's just common sense with that buyout he successfully got UK to agree to.

So what's the point in repeating the same complaints? They've been heard, over and over and over, and they will have zero impact on Cal leaving UK. I'm pretty sure we all know this.
Just shut the site down then. No posts allowed dude doesn't approve of.

You're not talking about anything, though. You're just running around the forums saying the same thing and hoping to get more people on board with your opinion. There has been no discussion
And then if you try to actually have a discussion with stats or anything you immediately get called Ellen or Brad and dismissed.

Reactions: gojvc
Can you quantify "lots"?

And what does that matter that lots of people follow him? I don't get your point.
Lots? No, but Larry has written about UK for decades. Pretty much everyone knows who he is. My point is pretty simple. People read Larry regularly so there is no need for "So do you guys spend most of your days looking for articles/videos that solely support your hate for Calipari?

Interesting that you would view this as a bottom up problem that, as a manager, you would resolve by firing those "team" members that came to you with complaints ( problems) with no solutions.

If you are team manager and your "team" continually fails to meet your employer's goals, production expectations or any other measurement the company feels is relevant to the success of that company, it will not be left up to the "team" to come up with a solution to their production problems.

It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY as manager of that team to take the needed steps to resolve those issues. If you can't do that, the company would not hesitate to fire your rear end and see if the next manager can get the "team" back on track.

Fans have no solution because we have no power other than to voice our opinions to management and back that up with our dollars until someone above the failing manager takes notice of the lost revenue and realizes a change has to be made.

I remember back ~ 15 years ago - when one of the most “beloved” posters on the board started a new thread every week about what the media was saying about the state of Kentucky basketball.

He was really good at Google, and built himself quite a following on this site.

Reactions: TFCats11

It’s all good man, just sit these threads out! I’m definitely not posting on any pro C3 threads at the moment, that much I can tell you.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
I'm beginning to wonder if you're more of a Cal fan or a UK fan. Nothing is getting better next year, it will be rinse and repeat and you'll still be supporting your coach I guess.
Time will tell about next year. Cal has kept uk clean without any ncaa problems plus every coach in ncaa has lost a big time game thats determines if will advance in ncaa tournament

And then if you try to actually have a discussion with stats or anything you immediately get called Ellen or Brad and dismissed.
Stats for Cal the last 7 years have been posted on here numerous times. Go ahead and tell us what they say.

FOfVRsCX0AYMbxP
This is probably the most accurate thing I've seen about the situation. Ha! I've been sitting, eating the popcorn since that loss to St Peters. I can't remember being more disappointed about a loss in my lifetime. I really thought this team was special. Yes, I saw the dropoff after the injuries to Wheeler and TyTy (more tyty than wheeler), and the poor shooting from Grady, but I hoped they'd all break out of it at some point. I'm mad at the team. I'm mad at Calipari. I'm just not fighting anyone over it. If the right guys return and the right guys come in, next season could be great. Then again, things could be terrible again. I have no power to change things. So, I'm just gonna ride it out and keep supporting the team. I know this- Calipari has no more capital to spend with the fanbase. Folks are rightly upset. Worst season in history followed by worst loss in history. You can't argue with that. I never thought I'd see either of those with Calipari as the coach, not from 2009-2015 anyway. I never would have believed it, but here we are.

You're not talking about anything, though. You're just running around the forums saying the same thing and hoping to get more people on board with your opinion. There has been no discussion - it's all complaining and back patting with other complainers around your negative opinions of Calipari. I understand the anger and disappointment, but to keep harping on the same crap and running around the internet looking for confirmation bias to share, well, it's kind of odd.

And this has nothing to do with my feelings. I always chuckle at the "if you don't like it, leave/ignore them" comments. Pretty weak argument and just shows that all you're really interested is hanging with people that share your current opinion. If you could shove out anyone that disagrees with you, you'd probably do it.
Jeez, the WHINING. All you do is bitch, bitch, bitch. Grow the eff up and go get a real hobby. Go fishing, play golf, see some sunshine. Lord.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
The same fans on here today are the same ones that refuse to watch UK again as long as Calipari was coach two years ago and they will be here next season also.
And you're here saying the same exact thing you always say every time you post.

I guess we all have our roles, eh?

Ha ha ha ha ha you'd last about one day as a manager, then. What a horrible take. Firing people for bringing problems to you, whose job it is literally to FIX those problems? What a tool. And then you'd be there by yourself.

Clearly you didn't think this through before you posted this mindless drivel.

Ha ha ha ha ha you'd last about one day as a manager, then. What a horrible take. Firing people for bringing problems to you, whose job it is literally to FIX those problems? What a tool. And then you'd be there by yourself.

Clearly you didn't think this through before you posted this mindless drivel.
My job is to remove obstacles for my team to work through to resolve problems. I hire people that I don't have to micromanage or worry about coming to the table to only complain and not have solutions. Thankfully, I've never had to deal with anyone like that, so my comment about "firing" someone was an exaggeration, mainly to make a point at the time of that posting.

I’ve been posting here for a couple months now ..In my mind I was always why is there so much anti Cal here on a UK website? …Cause I was posting when our team was riding high …and I only posted positive stuff cause that’s all there was on the net and I loved my team, loved doing that …I was completely 100% percent convinced we were going deep into this tournament if not winning it …and when the conversation arose I told people that, here and on the streets …I was getting all kinds of rewards from my positivity from other fans here on RR lol .

But I’m not googling anything lol …my usual site is Bleacher Report …it provides me with links to most popular UK sites which I frequent every day and before last Thursday everything they posted was positive .

Never seen things change so quickly ….not only are the members here up in arms but these sites I visit daily are openly questioning Cal and sometimes quite critical …some guy said what else is there to discuss ? …My feeling is if Cal gets us restocked for next year I’m willing to forgive and move on …but with each passing day and more and more signs pointing to Oscar and Sharpe leaving …and the Sharpe thing is an embarrassment to UK …it’s demoralizing …with seemingly no hope for the future 🤷‍♂️ …Members here have explained quite clearly their problems with Cal …some viewpoints I didn’t realize …anyway, not to proud to admit I was wrong and am done defending him …unless he gets Sharpe and Oscar back in here like he promised with Sharpe …I know Oscar is a different situation

Edit: The squeaky wheel gets the grease

Last edited:
I’ll say there just as many that support Calipari in my opinion and know that in the tournament anything can happen, they just don’t call into shows to ask for him to be fired.

The law of average’s bound to catch up with you, he knows what he has to do to get UK where we fans want it, it’s not like he’s all giddy that they their season ended after the first game of the tournament.
Cal's actual will toward winning has nothing to do with the actual results. I could will myself to want to be the best worker at my job, but if I don't have results, I'm fired.

This is true of anything in life - relationships, jobs, etc. So why does Cal get a pass when the rest of us don't? He hasn't kept UK at the proper standard. How many more years of this trash bin basketball are you willing to sit through exactly? Do you even have a standard?

ADVERTISEMENT