ADVERTISEMENT

Kyrie wants the NBA logo changed to the Kobe logo

"We want to set a standard and precedent, like this is excellence," Irving said Thursday, after the Nets defeated the Orlando Magic 129-92. "Kobe Bryant. Logo. Yes. Needs to happen. I don't care what anyone says."

In an Instagram post Wednesday, Irving put up a photo of a modified NBA logo with Bryant swapped in as the figure in the middle with this caption: "Gotta Happen, idc what anyone says. BLACK KINGS BUILT THE LEAGUE."

ESPN Story hear
maybe just let the logo be a basketball.....

Reactions: katwest
The only way you are a King is to play for Sacramento, to say otherwise is silly. Like the OP said maybe just a basketball with NBA on it, that way nobody's likeness will be criticized just because some people or somebody wants to change it. The NFL just has a football and MLB just has a batter from the waist up that doesn't really resemble anybody. Kyrie would be better served to just play ball instead of saying stupid things which he has a habit of.

I’m all for changing it. He’s right, Jordon, Kobe and Lebron built this league. It should be one of them.

I do agree it's time for a change. But it doesn't seem right to remove the West logo when he's 82 and probably won't live much longer. UNLESS, he's all for it and decides to take this time to "pass the torch" in some public way. That would be cool.

Last thing, having it be anyone other than Jordan is lunacy. But if Irving had recommended it be Jordan, I would vote for someone else because I don't want to EVER agree with Irving.
West has reportedly said he never liked it to begin with. So he probably wouldn’t care. Kobe probably wouldn’t care about either.

The new NBA "Black Kings" edition.
5NYN1bo.jpg

Black Kings built the league huh?
Let's ask Larry Bird about that statement.
Be glad we age out cuz if not he'd still be the King.

The real King.

Ehhh, let them do whatever they want. I'll never watch another second of the NBA either way. All of this SJW racist crap just further sinks their viewership. I say sit back and let them destroy themselves.
Why do yall feel the need to make an announcement that you will never watch the NBA again. NO ONE CARES. In fact we don't care about any of your viewing habits.

Reactions: wildcatsboston1984
Why do yall feel the need to make an announcement that you will never watch the NBA again. NO ONE CARES. In fact we don't care about any of your viewing habits.

Not a single person here cares about your opinion on anything, so why do you post at all? It's a bunch of internet strangers posting opinions that no one else really cares about. Pretty much the definition of an online forum. It's entertaining for me, but appears to be quite stressful for you. Maybe you should step back and relax a bit.

They'll never change the logo because they would have to pay royalties to the person for everything sold with the NBA logo on it. They don't currently pay Jerry West anything and don't acknowledge that he's the logo.

Not a single person here cares about your opinion on anything, so why do you post at all? It's a bunch of internet strangers posting opinions that no one else really cares about. Pretty much the definition of an online forum. It's entertaining for me, but appears to be quite stressful for you. Maybe you should step back and relax a bit.
It's just funny how yall repeatedly make these grand announcements about not watching the NBA/NFL or whatever sport triggered you at the time like people are gonna beg you to stay.

Reactions: wildcatsboston1984
They'll never change the logo because they would have to pay royalties to the person for everything sold with the NBA logo on it. They don't currently pay Jerry West anything and don't acknowledge that he's the logo.
All they would have to do is create one out of a picture of Kobe or whoever and slightly modify it so it’s not a “replica.”

It's just funny how yall repeatedly make these grand announcements about not watching the NBA/NFL or whatever sport triggered you at the time like people are gonna beg you to stay.
🤣 nothing about my post was grand and certainly not looking for anyone to beg me to stay and my post implied nothing of the sort

If the go with Kobe does it have to be footnoted to include:

#believeallwomen

And the logo should be a big purple diamond ring.

“BLACK KINGS“ ? what did i miss? [roll]
This is common vernacular in the African American community. They call their men kings and their women queens. As best I can tell, they believe that their ancestors, before rival tribesmen sold them into slavery, where kings and queens.

Now I’m sure your follow up questions are: Kings and queens of what? And how can everyone be a king and queen? Nobody seems to have those answers.

• Haha
Reactions: blubo
ADVERTISEMENT