ADVERTISEMENT

Kyler Murray wins heisman

Kyler Murray seems like a great kid and deserving heisman winner.

But I don’t understand how you can have a contract for $4 million and still be an amateur and play NCAA football

I assumed he would win since Tua sucked last game and was never really in a close game. Murray is legit.

Reactions: TM2013
KM is an excellent example of a freak athlete. He's a smaller Dave Winfield (although much faster afoot) from what I've seen of him on both the football field and thr baseball diamond.

I'm far more interested is his baseball career than football as I think he could be a 10 year MLB player with his skills.

JMHO.

KM is an excellent example of a freak athlete. He's a smaller Dave Winfield (although much faster afoot) from what I've seen of him on both the football field and thr baseball diamond.

I'm far more interested is his baseball career than football as I think he could be a 10 year MLB player with his skills.

JMHO.

I may be dreaming I read this, but this is his last season playing football correct?

Moral of the story: If you are the favorite for the Heisman, don't sprain your ankle early in the last game so that the back up comes in to rescue you.

Reactions: The-Hack
Moral of the story: If you are the favorite for the Heisman, don't sprain your ankle early in the last game so that the back up comes in to rescue you.
The way I look at it, if you remove the player from the team, which one has the bigger impact. I think it hurt Tua that hurts came in for the comeback. Most likely if Hurts was the season starter Bama still goes undefeated. Without Murray OU probably drops a few more. He was their offense.

Murray has the same pocket skill that a shorter QB needs and an incredible quick release, but he also is quick as lightening running the ball. Very unique player IMO. Sort of a dual threat Drew Brees.

Tua picked up the Maxwell player of the year trophy which is equal to the Heisman IMO.

More fuel for Bama playing OU. Like they needed anything else. Bama may hang 100 on that defense. Will be interesting to see if Bama can contain Murray kid is ultra fast.

Reactions: kev69
Murray has the same pocket skill that a shorter QB needs and an incredible quick release, but he also is quick as lightening running the ball. Very unique player IMO. Sort of a dual threat Drew Brees.

Tua picked up the Maxwell player of the year trophy which is equal to the Heisman IMO.

Because the people voted on the Maxwell earlier, I suppose.
Kyler won best QB so it was a toss up all the way...

Tua will win it next yr and Haskins should go pro.

Because the people voted on the Maxwell earlier, I suppose.
Kyler won best QB so it was a toss up all the way...

Tua will win it next yr and Haskins should go pro.

\No doubt Tua will be the favorite in August, but Murray wasn't even in the conversation back in August this year. Will the next OU QB put up video game numbers and get his name on the ballot? Big 12 gives a QB a distinct advantage, but Tua will have all his playmakers returning and they could v ery well be the best group of WR in the country to make plays for him. But as good as he was this year, all it takes is one bad game and it's gone.

Bama has the best wide out Corp in the country in my opinion, their passing game will be lethal next year, Tua will have his shot and will play all four quarters without Jalen.

If Tua had played any 4th quarters that mattered, then he likely would've had better numbers.

It's not all about numbers, or Haskins would have it. But Alabama's dominance hurt Tua IMO.

Yes he’s already signed his contract for MLB.

He could come back to Oklahoma, but he pretty much shut that down last night. Could you imagine being the Oklahoma qb on a college campus with a million dollars in your pocket while you were still in school? I was happy if I had $10 in my pocket during college.

Reactions: warrior_SW
Tua was punished for not playing 4th quarters. And for playing 3-4 teams better than Oklahoma best win

The heisman is almost exclusively a QB or RB award, they get all the credit in high profile positions but you can’t tell me that defensive players shouldn’t be considered more often.

The heisman is almost exclusively a QB or RB award, they get all the credit in high profile positions but you can’t tell me that defensive players shouldn’t be considered more often.
I never hear a LB name getting called out when things go wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT